Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest tollemache

Tollemache is only expressing the views from how ashley and the media sees the situation.  And he's right, they see things completely different from the fans.

I'm a fan. I really really really want the club to improve, win, play good football, get into Europe, challenge for top 4.... all of it. I don't like the idea of bobbing around between 6th and 10th for the next ten years one bit. I'll get antsy if we don't make progress (or try to). I just think that right now we're about exactly where we should be in the league, as far as our squad goes. As far as my long-term patience goes, this summer is pretty important

Definitely did well in the last 2 transfer windows.

They were skewed by the hyperactive January before that, which was a combination of deals that should've happened the previous summer but couldn't close out and deals we wanted to do the summer after but had to rush. This January doesn't bother me one bit because the season was f***ed by then in terms of dramatically overperforming - I'd rather we did good business this summer than unnecessarily spunking loads of money on Grenier or an inferior version of him, just to have a stab at finishing 8th rather than 9th. But we do really have to do something this summer.

, tell me you don't actually think that? January doesn't bother you? Jesus Wept man, you're Ashley's wet dream of a fan. :lol:

Part of me wanting the club to do well is not wanting it to spaff all its money for no good reason. If we'd signed Grenier for £20m, some almost-Grenier for £13m, or done some other crappy deal just so we could say we'd replaced Cabaye in January, that would be bad for the club. Bad for next season, bad for the season after that and all for the sake of maybe 1 league position and £800k in prize money. How stupid is that? If we suppose that Mike Ashley just wants the club to accumulate money and doesn't want to spend then I'm most certainly not his wet dream of a fan because I expect some decent investment in the summer and if it doesn't happen I'll want to know why.

Whereas TRon here would sack anyone who failed to overachieve by at least 3 positions in the league, and anyone who lost a derby, regardless of the personnel on the pitch at the time.

Ah whatever. As above, if we suddenly announced that Louis van Gaal was coming I'd jizz myself

van Gaal. I'll jump off the bridge. Detest that person. Mourinho, Magath, van Gaal in the same league would be fucking disaster.

Guest tollemache

I know he's a dick but from an NUFC perspective I don't care if he buggers children, he makes football teams play nice football

I think it's a bit cliche that Pardew makes poor players play better than they are, or would at any other club tbh. Most poor players have just looked unsurprisingly like poor players under him.

Williamson is fairly solid when alongside Coloccini and Leon Best and Ryan Taylor have been "useful" under him. There are many other poor players up and down the league putting in performances for other managers.

I know he's a dick but from an NUFC perspective I don't care if he buggers children, he makes football teams play nice football

What are you on about? van Gaal nice football? Ever since leaving Ajax his teams have been all about tactics, all about winning games even if it was done the wrong way. Ask VI what he thinks about him, he basically destroyed Rivaldo's career, one of the best at the time because of his boring football philosophy. I mean even the majority of Bayern fans were happy to see him go, even after taking them to a CL final and we all understand why now, look at where they went without him.

I think it's a bit cliche that Pardew makes poor players play better than they are, or would at any other club tbh. Most poor players have just looked unsurprisingly like poor players under him.

Williamson is fairly solid when alongside Coloccini and Leon Best and Ryan Taylor have been "useful" under him. There are many other poor players up and down the league putting in performances for other managers.

Not really relevant, but Ryan Taylor has not been "useful" at all. One of the worst players I've seen for us in a long, long time.

I would rather have that little Argie manager from Southampton.

Tons of managers around who wants their team playing entertaining football. Said last season that Martinez would've been an excellent appointment as long as he had some guidances in the transfer window. Doing a very good job at Everton who could've been further up the table had they not been so unlucky in the beginning of the season where they just couldn't seem to score from a million of chances.

Not really relevant, but Ryan Taylor has not been "useful" at all. One of the worst players I've seen for us in a long, long time.

:thup:

Was ok during that unbeaten run, but was still the weakest link and the unbeaten run came to an end when he had a mare against Chelsea.

He was a part of a back 4 that pretty much got us a 5th place finish :lol:

He wasn't great at left back by any means, and was replaced by Santon halfway through the season, but to say he wasn't useful that season is being really churlish.

Tons of managers around who wants their team playing entertaining football. Said last season that Martinez would've been an excellent appointment as long as he had some guidances in the transfer window. Doing a very good job at Everton who could've been further up the table had they not been so unlucky in the beginning of the season where they just couldn't seem to score from a million of chances.

Swansea has just sacked someone who I'd wank my penis off if we got. The whole "might as well keep him, because who would we replace him with" went out the window the second he was sacked.

If we sack Pardew, we'll be in the bottom 4 this time next season apparently  :lol:

Based on what? These guys are ridiculous.

:lol: I wonder how good the EPL would be if England had an actual sports media.

Would take top 8 over a cup run, but at least plays good football along the way that could still make profit on players. Mike Ashley's wet dream.

Guest tollemache

Swansea has just sacked someone who I'd wank my penis off if we got. The whole "might as well keep him, because who would we replace him with" went out the window the second he was sacked.

Are you not a tiny bit suspicious about the way he's left Swansea?

If we sack Pardew, we'll be in the bottom 4 this time next season apparently  :lol:

It's so bad here tbh. I can't think of one journalist/pundit I respect. The is version is streets ahead

It sounds like no one with a TV gig watches a minute of our games.

I don't play close enough attention to other clubs to notice how their poorer players are performing but I know Williamson, Best, Raylor, Perch, Guthrie etc.. Have all had spells at the club where they were considered worse than shite then could have arguably been harshly moved out of the team when the regular first teamers have got fit again. Williamson is probably our first choice centre back (even with everyone fit) at the moment for example.

It's so bad here tbh. I can't think of one journalist/pundit I respect. The is version is streets ahead

It sounds like no one with a TV gig watches a minute of our games.

That's basically it, they do the bare minimum and watch what's on/big teams. Then peddle the latest cliche around "pardew is doing fine", I seem to recall one saying we were a threat from set pieces once

:lol: A threat to the fans behind the goal and the players making up the wall.

I don't play close enough attention to other clubs to notice how their poorer players are performing but I know Williamson, Best, Raylor, Perch, Guthrie etc.. Have all had spells at the club where they were considered worse than shite then could have arguably been harshly moved out of the team when the regular first teamers have got fit again. Williamson is probably our first choice centre back (even with everyone fit) at the moment for example.

I don't think Pardew improved any of those players, they just fit in with his back to basics style of football. Not surprising since they are Championship players for the most part.

Are you not a tiny bit suspicious about the way he's left Swansea?

Compared to how Pardew is handling us? No, not in the slightest :lol:

Guest tollemache

I can think of a couple of candidates I'd prefer though...

Pundits who are good:

Marcotti

Carragher

Honigstein

Neville

Souness at times. I know I know, shuuut up

There are more

So you'd have someone who is a decent pundit over someone who won a cup with fucking Swansea and has proven he plays good football? :lol:

Also, you do know that you make your point redundant the very second you typed up Souness' name, right? Being a decent pundit does not mean you can manage a team.