Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I remember being the next window guy back in 2009!  :lol:

Did this dude just wake from a comma or something, what vibe is he on?!

Dont know about a comma, but he certainly talks out of his colon. :lol:

:lol:

I do feel for the guy though. His optimism is other worldly.

I vaguely remember being one of the positive guys.

Boy did they break me though. Geez.

I remember being the next window guy back in 2009!  :lol:

Did this dude just wake from a comma or something, what vibe is he on?!

Argh, done in by the grammar brigade!

Should really have an exclamation mark after the Argh and start a new sentence.

:hmm: Thanks.

Guest bimpy474

Can you be a fan of business ?

He has a valid point, Football is a business now, i hate to say it but it is. We do need to be concerned about it, and tbf to Ashley he has done ok with that part. Just my opinion of it.

But what we now have is a business and no football club, a club losing it soul and identity, it so skewed the other way it's ridiculous. Frankly it looks like Ashley isn't interested in as a club to win things with, we're just a vehicle for his jumble sale shops.

It's still competitive sport. The team with the best profit margins don't win things. That's not how professional sport works.

I agree, i was just pointing out that Ashley sees it as one thing, whereas us as fan dont. While we want to be run well, what we really want is good football, and good football usually means decent results.

Guest bimpy474

Can you be a fan of business ?

He has a valid point, Football is a business now, i hate to say it but it is. We do need to be concerned about it, and tbf to Ashley he has done ok with that part. Just my opinion of it.

But what we now have is a business and no football club, a club losing it soul and identity, it so skewed the other way it's ridiculous. Frankly it looks like Ashley isn't interested in as a club to win things with, we're just a vehicle for his jumble sale shops.

I agree to a point. But I don't accept hiring a proven failure is good business and I'm sure you don't either. Even if we sign 5 players this summer it's pointless if we are not going to have a proper manager to manage them. As I said in the other thread, this is Newcastle United.

I totally agree. I know people dislike Pardew for different reason but mine is mainly the standard of the football. Football is a beautiful game, it's meant to be exciting, passing and movement, flair and creativity. Under Pardew we are an ugly team that lacks most of that. Yet Pardew tells us we play good stuff.

Utter bullshit and i hate him for it.

Guest tollemache

The reaction it wants is to have a discussion without you lot getting your pitchforks and lanterns out at the slightest hint of anything but unrelenting hatred of Ashley, Pardew and everything they ever do, or anything but grinding pessimism over the club's prospects. That'd be a good reaction.

I agree to a point. But I don't accept hiring a proven failure is good business and I'm sure you don't either. Even if we sign 5 players this summer it's pointless if we are not going to have a proper manager to manage them. As I said in the other thread, this is Newcastle United.

this is a good point, i say don't come with the business chelp when ashley isn't even bothering to run the business side with a view to to success....i'm 100% sure everyone here could handle that tbh, because running a football club as a business to succeed would mean that there was at least a modicum of effort to improve matters on the field and progress all sides of the entity

as it is the football club is being run on a premier league life support machine to keep it alive but in a permanent vegetative state for use as a vehicle to advertise ashley's shops, i'm not really sure that there's a valid alternative to this opinion is there, is it even arguable at this stage?

It's really, really getting on my nerves now: had an all-out argument with the guy who sits in the next cubicle at work, a Liverpool fan. He constantly acts astonished whenever I say anything remotely negative about Pardew (which is every single time footie comes up as a subject, so quite frequently), and this past week he's been doing somersaults and all sorts of mental gymnastics to absolve this fuck of any blame. "It's Ashley, he has no say in transfers, it's the lazy French players he got shoved with, he's had injuries..." the list goes on and on. What's really impressive is that he's the SECOND person I know who supports another club (another one of my mates is a Chelsea fan who does the same thing) who vehemently goes out of their way to defend Pardew. It's mindboggling. The neutral fan fucking loves this guy :lol:

It's really, really getting on my nerves now: had an all-out argument with the guy who sits in the next cubicle at work, a Liverpool fan. He constantly acts astonished whenever I say anything remotely negative about Pardew (which is every single time footie comes up as a subject, so quite frequently), and this past week he's been doing somersaults and all sorts of mental gymnastics to absolve this fuck of any blame. "It's Ashley, he has no say in transfers, it's the lazy French players he got shoved with, he's had injuries..." the list goes on and on. What's really impressive is that he's the SECOND person I know who supports another club (another one of my mates is a Chelsea fan who does the same thing) who vehemently goes out of their way to defend Pardew. It's mindboggling. The neutral fan fucking loves this guy :lol:

maybe 'cause he's about the only ingerlish manager floating about the top half of the league?

can think of no other reason for fans of other clubs to like him, except i suppose he's always a good bet for letting your team plough 5 or 6 goals past us