Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest chopey

Its just music to my ears this, no signings, players leaving and a manager nobody apart from the Wonga happy clappers want, the sooner we go down and get rid of these the better

Guest Roger Kint

Has applied for the Southampton job. Their chairman said they had the 'highest quality of managers in Europe knocking on the door' so that must be the king surely?  :hmm:

Its just music to my ears this, no signings, players leaving and a manager nobody apart from the Wonga happy clappers want, the sooner we go down and get rid of these the better

Aye, it's the first time in years I'm enjoying our transfer piss taking policy. Can't wait for next season to roll round and the 5th Pardew thread reaches 1000 posts by September :thup:

Guest Rent-A-Quote

Still no sign of a striker coming in. You're well and truly  f***ed next season Pards  :indi: :Jonny2J:

Not necessarily... :iamatwat: Thursday 24th April, 2014:

"We've looked at a couple things last week that might be opportunities for us' date='" "And we also looked at a couple players for the summer. That's an area we need to get to, but we'll be in a good position in the summer, I think. But we need to get there first."[/quote']

Don't know who he looked at those with like because on Friday 2nd May, 2014:

"I haven't spoken to Mike for two or three weeks' date='" said Pardew. "He owns this club with the confidence to let the manager get on with managing the team. He's always said to me: 'Get on with it.' That's what he expects me to do. He doesn't want me to ring him and say: 'Mike, I'm a little bit perturbed.' He wouldn't see any sign of strength in that and I wouldn't do that."[/quote']

And a bonus from Sunday 11th May, 2014 to show how deluded he is on the striker front (he thought we could have kept Demba Ba too when we all knew he was off)...

"It's obvious that we need to recruit offensive players that are good enough for Newcastle and that's what we're going to focus on.

"We're not completely resigned (on Remy), we're working hard to keep him.

"He has been an important part of our season - if you take him away, we'll need to replace him for sure.

Still no sign of a striker coming in. You're well and truly  f***ed next season Pards  :indi: :Jonny2J:

Not necessarily... :iamatwat: Thursday 24th April, 2014:

"We've looked at a couple things last week that might be opportunities for us' date='" "And we also looked at a couple players for the summer. That's an area we need to get to, but we'll be in a good position in the summer, I think. But we need to get there first."[/quote']

Don't know who he looked at those with like because on Friday 2nd May, 2014:

"I haven't spoken to Mike for two or three weeks' date='" said Pardew. "He owns this club with the confidence to let the manager get on with managing the team. He's always said to me: 'Get on with it.' That's what he expects me to do. He doesn't want me to ring him and say: 'Mike, I'm a little bit perturbed.' He wouldn't see any sign of strength in that and I wouldn't do that."[/quote']

And a bonus from Sunday 11th May, 2014 to show how deluded he is on the striker front (he thought we could have kept Demba Ba too when we all knew he was off)...

"It's obvious that we need to recruit offensive players that are good enough for Newcastle and that's what we're going to focus on.

"We're not completely resigned (on Remy), we're working hard to keep him.

"He has been an important part of our season - if you take him away, we'll need to replace him for sure.

All hail the King of Confusion.

Absolutely f*** all to look forward to next season, irrespective of any signings we make.  Slow painful torture this.

This season is the first time the interest has completely drained away from me as last season I still went to a good few home matches. There's just nothing about the club which makes me even contemplate walking back to St James, atrocious attitude at board level and crap football on the pitch = utterly joyless experience.

I'll get the razorblades out, haha

Absolutely f*** all to look forward to next season, irrespective of any signings we make.  Slow painful torture this.

This season is the first time the interest has completely drained away from me as last season I still went to a good few home matches. There's just nothing about the club which makes me even contemplate walking back to St James, atrocious attitude at board level and crap football on the pitch = utterly joyless experience.

I'll get the razorblades out, haha

I can't even be fucked to check NUFC related stories anymore, now he's definitely staying there's nothing to hope for. Next season is going to be an abortion, humiliating at this rate and it will be bitter sweet to behold. If it helps to get these jokers out though I'll watch from afar.

First time I've been on here in days. I'm looking forward to the World Cup, then after that I'll not be watching much football until these soul sucking parasites go toes up.

Pardew is accepting a wage to rubber stamp the club's destructive transfer policy. On top of that he isn't a football manager any more than Dennis Wise was a football scout. There really isn't any sensible option other than heap abuse on him in every medium possible.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Pardew is accepting a wage to rubber stamp the club's destructive transfer policy. On top of that he isn't a football manager any more than Dennis Wise was a football scout. There really isn't any sensible option other than heap abuse on him in every medium possible.

Some managers at smaller clubs have contracts which mean they get a bonus when they make a profit on a player.I would like to know if something similar is in place at United.

I seem to recall when Keegan was appointed manager by Ashley, the papers saying that there was a clause in his contract where he would have to pay the club if he chose to leave.

If that was true, then I wonder if something similar exists in Pardew's contract - might explain why he won't ever contemplate resigning.

I seem to recall when Keegan was appointed manager by Ashley, the papers saying that there was a clause in his contract where he would have to pay the club if he chose to leave.

If that was true, then I wonder if something similar exists in Pardew's contract - might explain why he won't ever contemplate resigning.

Keegan got compensation though ???

Plus wouldn't that be in all managers contracts if they left before the contract they signed ended?

Lastly why the fuck would Pardew walk? He has the easiest job in football at the biggest club he'll ever manage.

Keegan got compensation though ???

Plus wouldn't that be in all managers contracts if they left before the contract they signed ended?

Lastly why the f*** would Pardew walk? He has the easiest job in football at the biggest club he'll ever manage.

Maybe such a clause does exist in other manager's contract but there just seemed to be an issue about it at the time with the line being that Keegan has a history of quitting so they were covering themselves incase he did it again.  However, when he did leave it was because they had made his position untenable hence him being able to sue for constructive dismissal.

Agree about Pardew but people often say if he had any pride, he would resign so I was just suggesting another reason why he would never consider it.

The "If he had any pride" thing is ridiculously rare, the only managers who walk before they are pushed are those who already know there is a better job on offer.

How many managers haven't held on until compensation because they knew they weren't up for it? I would be surprised if there was half a dozen. Gullit is the only one who springs to mind. As much as some pretend they would walk away from millions of pounds I doubt many would.

The "If he had any pride" thing is ridiculously rare, the only managers who walk before they are pushed are those who already know there is a better job on offer.

How many managers haven't held on until compensation because they knew they weren't up for it? I would be surprised if there was half a dozen. Gullit is the only one who springs to mind. As much as some pretend they would walk away from millions of pounds I doubt many would.

KK several times!

What's the odds he'll be gone by 2015? If we're really relegation threatened will he be gone this time or bought another lifeline? I need something to cling on to if I'm to stick with this emotional turmoil of a "football club".

What's the odds he'll be gone by 2015? If we're really relegation threatened will he be gone this time or bought another lifeline? I need something to cling on to if I'm to stick with this emotional turmoil of a "football club".

He didn't even seem to be close to getting sacked after 2 of the worst runs we've ever had so I personally think he'll be here as long as Ashley is. Can't think of even 1 realistic reason why not.

Guest thenorthumbrian

He didn't even seem to be close to getting sacked after 2 of the worst runs we've ever had so I personally think he'll be here as long as Ashley is. Can't think of even 1 realistic reason why not.

He really doesn't have to do all that much to hang on to his job, stay mid - table and not worry about being distracted  by those  irritating cups.