Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-warm-weather-break-not-holiday-3041344

Alan Pardew insists Newcastle’s sunshine break in Abu Dhabi is no holiday camp.

Boss Pardew claims his Toon squad will be put through their paces in the blistering heat of the United Arab Emirates as part of their 7,000-mile round trip.

Newcastle planned the luxury jaunt as ideal preparation for this weekend’s FA Cup fourth round - only to be dumped out at home to Cardiff.

Toon jetted off in good spirits after the 3-1 Premier League win at West Ham snapped a damaging four-game losing streak.

Pardew admitted: “It was scheduled in to give us a lift for the fourth round of the FA Cup.

“We used to do something similar when I was at Crystal Palace, and it was already booked before we lost to Cardiff - the fans need to know that. We all thought we’d still be in the cup and coming back to a cup game so it’s a big disappointment in our season.”

Pardew’s troops will be given plenty of down-time to recharge their batteries after cementing their place in the top half so far ahead of a hoped-for assault on the top six in the last four months of the campaign.

The manager refused to confirm if alcohol was out of bounds for his players during the trip. But he insists the players will be working hard during their five-day break, before their return to Premier League action at Norwich on January 28.

Hatem Ben Arfa is not with his Toon team-mates in the Middle East, after being given permission to remain on Tyneside.

Pardew added “It’s a trip to work physically and mentally with sun on your back. The players deserve a bit of sun, but they’re not going to get a break because we’ve pencilled in hard work.”

I think a major factor behind our failure to kill teams off is our lack of ability to hit teams on the break, and that comes down to poor technical ability amongst too many players. Quite often, we win possession on a turnover and then waste precious seconds with passes that are designed to keep the ball rather than move it forward into threatening positions. As a result, players don't really charge forward with confidence in that situation because they've no confidence that they'll get the ball.

The chief culprit here is Tiote. The guy always seems to need two or three extra touches before he's able to release the ball, and his passes are rarely of a defence-splitting nature. I just feel his presence plays its part in ensuring a comfortable mid-table position, but he also limits how much this team can progress.

I don't agree with the view that the squad is under-achieving because of Pardew's tactics. If anything, he's making the most out of what he's got. Whether he should share responsibility for the state of the squad is another point - a lot of people at our club have a finger in that particular pie.

Utter lunacy. The transfer values of our squad players individually blows that ludicrous theory out of the water.

I'd say we were the 8th best side in the division and we're in our rightful place.

Of the 11 who started yesterday, I'd say only one - Cabaye - had real technical ability. We are a well organised, athletic team rather than a skilful one, and that limits how far we can progress from this point. The usual complaint is he doesn't start Ben Arfa, but given Ben Arfa's erratic play and poor defensive work, it's not exactly a clear cut decision.

We need to strike gold by unearthing one or two uncut diamonds, either through the youth development side, or by signing an underdeveloped talent from abroad. We can't compete with the bigger clubs for the top players of proven ability. Not yet anyway.

The two players you picked out as a problem, Tiote and Ben Arfa, would fetch at least £15m between them if we sold them now, probably closer to £40m if we'd sold them two years ago after we finished 5th. If these are our flop players then all I can say is well done Carr and fuck off Pards.

I think a major factor behind our failure to kill teams off is our lack of ability to hit teams on the break, and that comes down to poor technical ability amongst too many players. Quite often, we win possession on a turnover and then waste precious seconds with passes that are designed to keep the ball rather than move it forward into threatening positions. As a result, players don't really charge forward with confidence in that situation because they've no confidence that they'll get the ball.

The chief culprit here is Tiote. The guy always seems to need two or three extra touches before he's able to release the ball, and his passes are rarely of a defence-splitting nature. I just feel his presence plays its part in ensuring a comfortable mid-table position, but he also limits how much this team can progress.

I don't agree with the view that the squad is under-achieving because of Pardew's tactics. If anything, he's making the most out of what he's got. Whether he should share responsibility for the state of the squad is another point - a lot of people at our club have a finger in that particular pie.

Utter lunacy. The transfer values of our squad players individually blows that ludicrous theory out of the water.

I'd say we were the 8th best side in the division and we're in our rightful place.

Of the 11 who started yesterday, I'd say only one - Cabaye - had real technical ability. We are a well organised, athletic team rather than a skilful one, and that limits how far we can progress from this point. The usual complaint is he doesn't start Ben Arfa, but given Ben Arfa's erratic play and poor defensive work, it's not exactly a clear cut decision.

We need to strike gold by unearthing one or two uncut diamonds, either through the youth development side, or by signing an underdeveloped talent from abroad. We can't compete with the bigger clubs for the top players of proven ability. Not yet anyway.

The two players you picked out as a problem, Tiote and Ben Arfa, would fetch at least £15m between them if we sold them now, probably closer to £40m if we'd sold them two years ago after we finished 5th. If these are our flop players then all I can say is well done Carr and fuck off Pards.

Well would either player get in the first team of any of the teams above us? Tiote definitely not. As for Ben Arfa - Everton and Spurs possibly, but even then I could only see him being used in the same way as we do -  as an impact sub. We're not the first club where he's failed to really establish himself, despite the obvious talent.

You seem to be over-simplifying the point I made about Tiote. You couldn't call him a flop. He's a very good defensive player and he's played his part in getting us where we are. But having him in that anchor role also limits us. A player in that position sees a lot of the ball and if he can shift it forward swiftly and accurately that's a big asset, particularly when we have a turnover. Tiote's distribution is slow, and his passing is very conservative.

The question here is - is Pardew under-achieving? I think it was Icke who earlier posed the correct question - of the teams above us, who should we rightly be ahead of? Over to you.

Tiote's biggest issue is his epic flaws when it comes to when to pass and when to hold the ball and turn a player imo.

When it comes to HBA, he was way on his way to establish himself to the first team in the 433 we chose to run with in the beginning and he only got a few matches due to mr. de Jong which was nice enough to handicap him for that season++. Now, if he would just get a run in with games and get some confidence back, while Pards at the same time maybe actually try to coach him a little bit (like Mourinho did Hazard), maybe we could get somewhere. There's no quistion about his ability, but he seems to lack the deciding factor of when to beat a man and when to pass, making it so much harder on himself.

The question here is - is Pardew under-achieving? I think it was Icke who earlier posed the correct question - of the teams above us, who should we rightly be ahead of? Over to you.

i think we're in the right place tbh, but you could argue that we've fucked up a bit as it's a fluctuating league this year...losing to hull and such has cost us badly, people will say those results were countered by great results against spurs, manyoo & chelsea and while that's right it's worth remembering all 3 of those teams were/are in transition when we played them - these are the times you're supposed to grasp opportunity and not use such results to paper over awful results like the mackems, hull etc.

so in summary you can't really say we "should" be ahead of any of the teams above us, but we really could have been if pardew was a better manager imho

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-warm-weather-break-not-holiday-3041344

Alan Pardew insists Newcastle’s sunshine break in Abu Dhabi is no holiday camp.

Boss Pardew claims his Toon squad will be put through their paces in the blistering heat of the United Arab Emirates as part of their 7,000-mile round trip.

Newcastle planned the luxury jaunt as ideal preparation for this weekend’s FA Cup fourth round - only to be dumped out at home to Cardiff.

Toon jetted off in good spirits after the 3-1 Premier League win at West Ham snapped a damaging four-game losing streak.

Pardew admitted: “It was scheduled in to give us a lift for the fourth round of the FA Cup.

“We used to do something similar when I was at Crystal Palace, and it was already booked before we lost to Cardiff - the fans need to know that. We all thought we’d still be in the cup and coming back to a cup game so it’s a big disappointment in our season.”

Pardew’s troops will be given plenty of down-time to recharge their batteries after cementing their place in the top half so far ahead of a hoped-for assault on the top six in the last four months of the campaign.

The manager refused to confirm if alcohol was out of bounds for his players during the trip. But he insists the players will be working hard during their five-day break, before their return to Premier League action at Norwich on January 28.

Hatem Ben Arfa is not with his Toon team-mates in the Middle East, after being given permission to remain on Tyneside.

Pardew added “It’s a trip to work physically and mentally with sun on your back. The players deserve a bit of sun, but they’re not going to get a break because we’ve pencilled in hard work.”

Just FUCK. OFF.

Booking it before the Cardiff game means fuck all when you know that you aren't going to take it seriously. Fucking arsehole, Pardew.

Meanwhile, Pardew headed for the club’s sunshine break having pin-pointed extra training ground time as the main reason for their away-day improvement. Saturday was United’s sixth away win of the campaign. He said: “The difference is I know I keep banging on about it is that with the squad that we have, the size of the squad, it is working the first team.

“We had no Europa League last week obviously and you get that little extra rest and you get that extra work on the training ground.

“We really focused on our three midfield players this week to dominate that area and I thought that came through, we were terrific in the first half particularly.”

Shut the fuck up you cretin. If we were to get into EL again this year, we would pretty much have to sack him because he is admitting time and again that he hasn't got a fucking clue how to handle two games a week.

Guest bimpy474

The teams in the Europa League had no Europa League last week, as there were no games in it. Fucking thick prat of a silver sexy cunt.

How about playing the reserves in the EL early rounds then? Jesus..... not rocket science.

We did, he's just talking s**** again so he should be ignored.

Its like he looks in the book of 100 best excuses and just randomly picks one.

Doesn't need a book, he only has one "europe" and we aren't evening playing in it!

hate this prick - already anticipating his excuses for the mackems game

it'll be worth bearing in mind, when we play them, that'll it'll be their 4th game in 11 days if i'm not mistaken vs. our 2nd game in the same period...if he uses the tiredness excuse due to playing norwich he needs shot with shit, but i don't think he will - more likely they'll be on a boost from winning their cup games :lol:

(all of the above is merely a rant at pardew for being a gutless, ambition-less wanker, goes without saying i hope we batter the fuck out of them)

He'll be able to peddle the new excuse of him and mike being up late the night before failing to get players over the line, having lost Cabaye in a shock last day bid and having no time to replace him or formulate a team plan without him. Although that last part isn't really that new an excuse.

it's making me angrier the more i think about it tbh, a manager like poyet in the job 5 minutes and haunted by the spectre of relegation can get his team to put absolutely everything into 120 minutes of football like last night and win, meaning another game in their calendar but the chance to win something

poyet knows man, he was part of a the chelsea team that weren't constant title challengers but he knows getting to cup finals and winning them is a step in the right direction for everyone concerned at any club

pardew can barely get them to turn up for fucks sake, we'll be nothing as long as this bellend has the club reeking of fear and failure

I take your point, but there are always 11 players on a pitch. 11 professionals. 11 Men.

If they need a puppet master to motivate them to do their jobs well, well then..........

Good point!

That's why people who are good at motivating others ar held in such disregard. There's just no need!