Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What a heap of s****, we haven't won a trophy for 45 years and it's all Pardew's fault.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Oprah-You-Mad.gif

:lol: Can't see where the writer has blamed Pardew for a trophy-less 45 years.

And it helps that we don't get knocked out at the earliest available round, Alan.

What a heap of s****, we haven't won a trophy for 45 years and it's all Pardew's fault.

And it helps that we don't get knocked out at the earliest available round, Alan.

He doesn't but to claim what Pardew said is an insult to fans is beyond crass.

We don't win shit and haven't for a long long time, we're also not averse, historically, to getting blown out of competitions by lower class opposition.

The issue isn't not winning trophies, it's not trying to win trophies.

We try, we put 11 men on the pitch, we're just shit at it.

We don't put our best 11 on the pitch in competitions where we can win trophies.  The club has openly admitted we don't consider cups a priority and use them to rest first team players and give fringe players match practice.  That's not trying to win a trophy.  Pardew has claimed the top of the league for Newcastle is now eighth, excluding us from European competitions where we could try and win a trophy, after previously talking about how grateful he was we weren't in Europe any more.  That's not trying to win a trophy either.

Is that all you need to do to show ambition to win something?  Field a full team of humans?

He doesn't but to claim what Pardew said is an insult to fans is beyond crass.

We don't win s*** and haven't for a long long time, we're also not averse, historically, to getting blown out of competitions by lower class opposition.

Well, as long as he keeps getting kicked out early in the competitions, he doesn't have a leg to stand on no matter what he says, does he?

Playing the history card this time. :lol: Mind to tell us how far back would things be considered relevant? You seem to have as much ambition as the board. Improvement? Hack it, history says we are crap. Early cut exits, lost derbies on a whimper. Nah, it's been for the past seasons so we can't blame Alan.

The issue isn't not winning trophies, it's not trying to win trophies.

We try, we put 11 men on the pitch, we're just s*** at it.

We don't put our best 11 on the pitch in competitions where we can win trophies.  The club has openly admitted we don't consider cups a priority and use them to rest first team players and give fringe players match practice.  That's not trying to win a trophy.  Pardew has claimed the top of the league for Newcastle is now eighth, excluding us from European competitions where we could try and win a trophy, after previously talking about how grateful he was we weren't in Europe any more.  That's not trying to win a trophy either.

Is that all you need to do to show ambition to win something?  Field a full team of humans?

I wouldn't waste your time. Toon Pack believes the sun shines out of Ashleys arse because we're not Portsmouth.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/d8/60/0,,10278~2711768,00.jpg

http://www.nufc.com/images/2010-11images/2010-08-03barton.jpg

:pokerface:

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/pics/regular/Teresa-Herrera_2010_001.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/empics/20100419/21/790890923-19042010213304.jpg

:thup: bang on

It's not like Keegan or Robson won trophies either, it's just that they competed (You could argue they had full control and funds to spend on decent players), they also had a different mentality to Pardew and were not shit scared of teams. We dominated most of them.

When is the Champions League place for the winner for the Europa League introduced?  I would have thought that would make it more attractive despite the relatively poor income although I guess the Champion's League dropouts would take it more seriously as well if they are struggling in their own leagues.

When is the Champions League place for the winner for the Europa League introduced?  I would have thought that would make it more attractive despite the relatively poor income although I guess the Champion's League dropouts would take it more seriously as well if they are struggling in their own leagues.

Viewing the Europa League as an opportunity.  :yao:

:thup: bang on

It's not like Keegan or Robson won trophies either, it's just that they competed (You could argue they had full control and funds to spend on decent players), they also had a different mentality to Pardew and were not s*** scared of teams. We dominated most of them.

Since we got to the League Cup final in 1976 (I was there btw, Dennis cunting Tuart!!!) we've had 76 domestic cup campaigns. In 65 of them we've failed to get past the 5th round.

We got to the 1/4 final of the Uefa last season, that's better than our "par for the course" tbh

Clutching at straws a bit, but the article in yesterday's chronicle about bringing in another DOF suggests there will be a review at the end of the season, including Pardew's performance and to look at what direction the club are going in. Perhaps they'll get rid at the end of the season?

I did wonder whether the decision to not replace Cabaye was in order to test Pardew's ability as a coach with an eye to replacing him in the summer if the results were poor. Ashley might feel that if we buy fantastic prospects then it's the players getting the results and Pardew gets the credit for it without actually contributing much himself.  It is clutching at straws though. Far more likely Ashley doesn't really care if there's no progress as long as we are drifting along nicely in mid-table and he doesn't have to get involved too much.

I was convinced that Pardew was going to be sacked last summer as there were no pre season fixtures arranged and these had to be hastily done at the last minute. The way things are going we are going to have an awful run in, so we will have to see what happens in the summer again. 

Guest antz1uk

"We are going to have to make a decision with Papiss: whether he is going to stay at this club and be a big player for us like he was two years ago and last year to a degree, or whether it's going to be pastures new."

And Pardew insists he is focussed on the game against Tottenham despite Newcastle fans expressing their disappointment at the 3-0 loss to Chelsea over the weekend.

He added: "I try to be consistent through the ups and downs of the emotion that is in this city at times. Some of it is over the top, there's no doubt about that.

"For me, it's very difficult to sometimes isolate myself and concentrate on what's important.

"But usually, nine times out of 10, it's the next game and I'm pretty good at focusing my mind. I have got pretty narrow vision when it comes to the job at hand."

Since we got to the League Cup final in 1976 (I was there btw, Dennis cunting Tuart!!!) we've had 76 domestic cup campaigns. In 65 of them we've failed to get past the 5th round.

Since Ashley took over, how many times have we been past the fourth round of any domestic cup competition?  How far back in Newcastle's history do you have to go to find that many consecutive seasons of not getting past that stage in those competitions?  How many FA Cup games has Alan Pardew, the second longest serving Premier League manager, won with Newcastle United?

We got to the 1/4 final of the Uefa last season, that's better than our "par for the course" tbh

Which would be encouraging for the future and imply that would be a good competition for us to try and excel in, if we hadn't since decided we don't want to compete in it.

"We are going to have to make a decision with Papiss: whether he is going to stay at this club and be a big player for us like he was two years ago and last year to a degree, or whether it's going to be pastures new."

And Pardew insists he is focussed on the game against Tottenham despite Newcastle fans expressing their disappointment at the 3-0 loss to Chelsea over the weekend.

He added: "I try to be consistent through the ups and downs of the emotion that is in this city at times. Some of it is over the top, there's no doubt about that.

"For me, it's very difficult to sometimes isolate myself and concentrate on what's important.

"But usually, nine times out of 10, it's the next game and I'm pretty good at focusing my mind. I have got pretty narrow vision when it comes to the job at hand."

He doesn't even seem to realise what an easy ride he's been given as manager, by media and fans.  That's what tends to irk me more than anything but the comments where he's playing down the size/potential of the club, but I suppose both sets of comments go hand in hand.