Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guess the only way this will work is if he has truly lost the dressing room and not have the results to show for. A lot boils down to the players' reaction to the sale of Cabaye and unambitious lack of replacement. If marginalised players like Ben Arfa, Marveaux, MYM are not pleased with events recent or otherwise, there could be some answers to come out of this.

Ashley has sucked my optimism out of the club to the extent that we might as well just keep Pardew. Just not convinced in any way that we'd replace Pardew with anyone decent. Cheap, out of work managers will be our target.

I just can't see him getting the sack. Even if he did who would we bring in? You'd have to be mental to work for Mike Ashley.

Have to admit I am enthused by the Kinnear sacking, his managerial appointment seemed inevitable.

I have turned into one of those mythical "would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0" fans the media created years ago now. Just want to see us actually go for it in games rather than play it safe and pick up the necessary points to stay up.

I just can't see him getting the sack. Even if he did who would we bring in? You'd have to be mental to work for Mike Ashley.

Have to admit I am enthused by the Kinnear sacking, his managerial appointment seemed inevitable.

I have turned into one of those mythical "would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0" fans the media created years ago now. Just want to see us actually go for it in games rather than play it safe and pick up the necessary points to stay up.

:thup:

I've said it before, rather play entertaining and finish 17th than play this dross and finish 8th.

:thup:

I've said it before, rather play entertaining and finish 17th than play this dross and finish 8th.

To put it into smilies, our current manager is -

Lose - :dontknow:

Draw - :)

Win -  :D

I want a manager who is -

Lose -  :rant:

Draw -  :undecided:

Win -  :)

I would love us going into every game thinking anything but a win is failure.

The thing is that we're only in February and there's literally nothing at stake now, we'll finish 8th or 9th, probably 9th, so the prick Pardew has no excuse not to go out and at least try to entertain all those people who bought season tickets for what has turned out to be an awful lot of games with nothing riding on them.

Nowt but sympathy for Pardew from the journalists on the Sunday Supplement on Sky

Can understand this. A lot of people in football feel sorry for Pardew. They look at the limited facts such as finishing 5th, then look at how shit Ashley has been with not spending, selling players under his nose etc. and think perhaps Pardew has done well considering the circumstances. When you watch our side more closely you see how actually Pardew doesn't do good enough with the tools he has. In fact, a Spurs mate of mine was scared of us before the game on Sunday and I kept telling him we are fucked at the moment and he was having none of it. Another friend of mine who's usually really on top of his football knowledge, didn't quite realise how bad our run has been of late. He knew it was a poor patch but when I said how bad he was surprised. People look at the fact we are still a mini-run of wins away from 6th and look very far away from the bottom half of the table still.

Anyone read the article? No quotes or sources or hint of fact. Sad times.

If somebody is going to leak something about Pardew possibly getting the sack, they are hardly likely to allow a journalist to name them.

Anyone read the article? No quotes or sources or hint of fact. Sad times.

Usually this is because it's come from an unethical route or has potential to be bollocks. I choose to ignore them unless it's a real quote.

One of Pardew's biggest failings has been his inability to improve players.

If the club's policy is to buy cheap and sell high, then they are struggling with that. 

I would have thought Ashley would have serious concerns about the lack of development in the talented players we have.

Ben Arfa was supposed to be the "crown jewels" and now people are saying we would be lucky to get £5m for him when the club would have been expecting £20m+.

Several other players have not kicked on as expected e.g. Santon, Sissoko, MYM and Cisse.  OK the exception was Cabaye but last season, he didn't look like a £20m player.

When Ashley has reduced the club's potential for increasing revenue to just the TV money and player sales, he has a major problem if one of those areas is not working.  I could imagine that he is looking to sell at least one player for a big profit each year to fund transfers and there's only been Carroll so far and now Cabaye.

If the players are genuinely disillusioned with Pardew and there were also rumours of that being the case last season as well, Ashley will need to act.

One of Pardew's biggest failings has been his inability to improve players.

If the club's policy is to buy cheap and sell high, then they are struggling with that. 

I would have thought Ashley would have serious concerns about the lack of development in the talented players we have.

Ben Arfa was supposed to be the "crown jewels" and now people are saying we would be lucky to get £5m for him when the club would have been expecting £20m+.

Several other players have not kicked on as expected e.g. Santon, Sissoko, MYM and Cisse.  OK the exception was Cabaye but last season, he didn't look like a £20m player.

When Ashley has reduced the club's potential for increasing revenue to just the TV money and player sales, he has a major problem if one of those areas is not working.  I could imagine that he is looking to sell at least one player for a big profit each year to fund transfers and there's only been Carroll so far and now Cabaye.

If the players are genuinely disillusioned with Pardew and there were also rumours of that being the case last season as well, Ashley will need to act.

My thoughts exactly.