Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest tollemache

Cabaye was going to go when a big club came in, full stop. If we'd squeezed into the Champions League then maybe he'd have put it off for a year. There's just no way we were about to suddenly become a club who got CL football every year, which is what he has now, no matter how much we spent.

And there you go again :lol: which is it? Spend money and get champions league /league placing or not. You talk so much drivel man, if we spent man city money we'd be in the champions league. Just as they are, and Chelsea

We don't have the option to spend that much money. Let me rephrase then: "...no matter how much of OUR money we spent without totally f***ing ourselves over"

:lol: our money as in solely income generated by the club, any point Ashely being here then? We DO have the option we just choose not to. How is it hard for you to grasp, bottom 4 net spend over the past 5 years Us/Everton/Arsenal/Spurs.

Er... yeah. 4 clubs being run quite well then, in terms of transfers, and they've all done quite well, without making enormous leaps and bounds or having a full-on tilt at the title. In that time our squad has improved loads. What's your point?

Ashley isn't there to pump loads of his own money in and have a cheeky tilt at the title no matter what the cost. Nor is Levy, nor is Kenwright. They're there to run the club as a business, so that it progresses. That is how you run a football club.

Jesus wept man, I can't believe you actually think that last sentence. Football must be so shit for you. And that's utter toss about them not having a tilt at the title. And even so I was talking about CL that you said was impossible for us. You constantly contradict yourself, seemingly obsessed with balance sheets/profit margins/.

Levy hasn't put his own money in? Righto

It's not shit for me, cheers. In my ultimate fantasy world, Newcastle would tick along like Arsenal for a bit, be totally self sufficient, break into the top 4 and end up having a go at the league. That's the perfect all-time scenario. When we sell players at a profit and our team gets better for years in a row I think to myself, ooh, if we keep this up we'll have a very good team indeed and it'll be all ours. Well done Newcastle. I don't really like the idea of some guy coming in and showering us with cash so we win more. It'd be nice, but not as nice as the other way. I'm interested in balance sheets and profit margins inasmuch as that's how you do an Arsenal. You have to be making money.

I said CL *on a consistent basis* was impossible for us unless we spend absolutely loads. That's true. Am I fuck contradicting myself.

Guest tollemache

7 Clean sheets all season on a Par with Sunderland and Hull.

Some compactness that.

From about early October til Christmas we played pretty well and got good results. Anyone with eyes during that good run could see that we were winning games by working hard and denying teams space. If it turns out you genuinely don't have eyes then I apologise

And since Christmas...

...we've been pretty s***.

Mainly due to...

...playing Arsenal and Man City, not having some key players and just not playing very well.

Sorry, the answer is Alan Pardew. Better luck next time.

In that case why do you think we went on the really good run in the first place? What was that mainly due to?

Cabaye was going to go when a big club came in, full stop. If we'd squeezed into the Champions League then maybe he'd have put it off for a year. There's just no way we were about to suddenly become a club who got CL football every year, which is what he has now, no matter how much we spent.

And there you go again :lol: which is it? Spend money and get champions league /league placing or not. You talk so much drivel man, if we spent man city money we'd be in the champions league. Just as they are, and Chelsea

We don't have the option to spend that much money. Let me rephrase then: "...no matter how much of OUR money we spent without totally f***ing ourselves over"

:lol: our money as in solely income generated by the club, any point Ashely being here then? We DO have the option we just choose not to. How is it hard for you to grasp, bottom 4 net spend over the past 5 years Us/Everton/Arsenal/Spurs.

Er... yeah. 4 clubs being run quite well then, in terms of transfers, and they've all done quite well, without making enormous leaps and bounds or having a full-on tilt at the title. In that time our squad has improved loads. What's your point?

Ashley isn't there to pump loads of his own money in and have a cheeky tilt at the title no matter what the cost. Nor is Levy, nor is Kenwright. They're there to run the club as a business, so that it progresses. That is how you run a football club.

Jesus wept man, I can't believe you actually think that last sentence. Football must be so s*** for you. And that's utter toss about them not having a tilt at the title. And even so I was talking about CL that you said was impossible for us. You constantly contradict yourself, seemingly obsessed with balance sheets/profit margins/.

It's not s*** for me, cheers. In my ultimate fantasy world, Newcastle would tick along like Arsenal for a bit, be totally self sufficient, break into the top 4 and end up having a go at the league. That's the perfect all-time scenario. When we sell players at a profit and our team gets better for years in a row I think to myself, ooh, if we keep this up we'll have a very good team indeed and it'll be all ours. Well done Newcastle. I don't really like the idea of some guy coming in and showering us with cash so we win more. It'd be nice, but not as nice as the other way. I'm interested in balance sheets and profit margins inasmuch as that's how you do an Arsenal. You have to be making money.

I said CL *on a consistent basis* was impossible for us unless we spend absolutely loads. That's true. Am I f*** contradicting myself.

You're f***ing comical. Even in your wildest dreams you would choose to "do an Arsenal" :spit: Your dream would be to challenge for the league and not win it :lol: Total ambition!

It's not s*** for me, cheers. In my ultimate fantasy world, Newcastle would tick along like Arsenal for a bit, be totally self sufficient, break into the top 4 and end up having a go at the league. That's the perfect all-time scenario. When we sell players at a profit and our team gets better for years in a row I think to myself, ooh, if we keep this up we'll have a very good team indeed and it'll be all ours. Well done Newcastle. I don't really like the idea of some guy coming in and showering us with cash so we win more. It'd be nice, but not as nice as the other way. I'm interested in balance sheets and profit margins inasmuch as that's how you do an Arsenal. You have to be making money.

I said CL *on a consistent basis* was impossible for us unless we spend absolutely loads. That's true. Am I f*** contradicting myself.

:lol:

Guest tollemache

Jesus wept man, I can't believe you actually think that last sentence. Football must be so s*** for you. And that's utter toss about them not having a tilt at the title. And even so I was talking about CL that you said was impossible for us. You constantly contradict yourself, seemingly obsessed with balance sheets/profit margins/.

You're f***ing comical. Even in your wildest dreams you would choose to "do an Arsenal" :spit: Your dream would be to challenge for the league and not win it :lol: Total ambition!

Ok, in my wildest dreams we'd "do an Arsenal" and actually win it. Every year, forever. You know what I mean.

Guest tollemache

:lol: do arsenal do that? I just gave you the net spends! I'm done with this anyway it's so tedious

Yes, Arsenal make money. And they built what they have now by buying players with good resale value, and selling them at their peak, reinvesting until they had an awesome team without having ploughed loads of someone else's money in.

To be honest I'd take it as something of a slur anyway

:lol:  You're living on fantasy island man, we're not going to do anything the way you want the club to be run.  If we're going to do anything we're going to have to spend some money, something we don't want to do and don't like doing.

:lol:  You're living on fantasy island man, we're not going to do anything the way you want the club to be run.  If we're going to do anything we're going to have to spend some money, something we don't want to do and don't like doing.

It's this kind of attitude that will see us go down the same road as Portsmouth.

Seems like I've missed a good few pages of bantz. It's highly amusing how mental everyone goes when someone has a point that might not absolutely hammer Pardew. May as well lock this thread TBH.

As these past pages have shown, these points that do "not absolutely hammer" Pardew are nothing more than hot air balloons supported by a mixture of hyperoptimism and contrarianism. This is why everyone gets agitated.

I don't even see the point of this argument. Nothing beyond "Stop being so negative, you buggers!"

People are dissatisfied with Pardew because Newcastle United plays bad football. The protagonist of this argument has admitted as much.

If we were qualifying for the Champions' League with George Graham-style 1-0  wins few would complain. Mid table mediocrity would be tollerable if we were playing enjoyable football or going on cup runs. When your football is both ineffectual and unpleasant its pointless, as are consequentially all arguments in favour of the current manager.

Guest tollemache

But the squad has improved loads while we've been doing this! It's happened, right in front of you. Much better players than we had 3 years ago. Playing nasty Pardew football, but undeniably much better players. We've done that without spending. So if you extrapolate that, what happens? We continue to make money, we continue to accumulate better players. It might not happen, I don't know, but so far it undeniably, categorically has, hasn't it?

We're way off topic here, since this is more of an Ashley / board issue than a Pardew one, but hey

:lol: do arsenal do that? I just gave you the net spends! I'm done with this anyway it's so tedious

Yes, Arsenal make money. And they built what they have now by buying players with good resale value, and selling them at their peak, reinvesting until they had an awesome team without having ploughed loads of someone else's money in.

See what I mean? Good grief.

Knows as much about football as I do about particle physics. I know it exists, and I know some terms but amongst people who know their stuff, absolutely embarrassing.

Seems like I've missed a good few pages of bantz. It's highly amusing how mental everyone goes when someone has a point that might not absolutely hammer Pardew. May as well lock this thread TBH.

As these past pages have shown, these points that do "not absolutely hammer" Pardew are nothing more than hot air balloons supported by a mixture of hyperoptimism and contrarianism. This is why everyone gets agitated.

I don't even see the point of this argument. Nothing beyond "Stop being so negative, you buggers!"

People are dissatisfied with Pardew because Newcastle United plays bad football. The protagonist of this argument has admitted as much.

If we were qualifying for the Champions' League with George Graham-style 1-0  wins few would complain. Mid table mediocrity would be tollerable if we were playing enjoyable football or going on cup runs. When your football is both ineffectual and unpleasant its pointless, as are consequentially all arguments in favour of the current manager.

:lol: kernt

Guest tollemache

Knows as much about football as I do about particle physics. I know it exists, and I know some terms but amongst people who know their stuff, absolutely embarrassing.

Describe Arsenal's Wenger-era transfer policy for me if you could

"When your football is both ineffectual and unpleasant its pointless."

This is a brilliant quote about Newcastle under pardew and also the reason he should be relieved of his duties.

Why should I? Do your own research, unless you're planning to teach me particle physics.

Guest tollemache

Why should I? Do your own research, unless you're planning to teach me particle physics.

Ooh, that's quite an evasive answer. Wonder why. I know what Wenger's transfer policy was about, cheers.