Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would you take a Villa win if it meant Pardew was sacked?

Yes 121 (87.7%)

:jesuswept:

What's your problem with that?

Apart from the hypothetical nature of it, it suggests a desire for Newcastle fans to lose games.

I think we will win but if it meant the end of Parlies I would take a defeat.

Yes 121 (87.7%)

Apart from the hypothetical nature of it, it suggests a desire for Newcastle fans to lose games.

Yeah for the greater good of the club, sorry we aren't all super fans like

Just wanting your team to win makes you a super fan now?  :lol:

Yes 121 (87.7%)

I'd rather describe it as a desire to see the club show progress.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sylvain-marveaux-training-newcastle-uniteds-6722594

The French winger played for the Magpies in their 4-0 defeat against Tottenham Hotspur at St James’ Park.

The ex-Rennes star played just a cameo role but was understood to have came under fire during Alan Pardew’s post-match debrief along with Hatem Ben Arfa.

Nothing I have said contradicts my "sack the prick" post.

Posted this elsewhere today...

If the manager lines up the best players he has in their best positions, or drops players and replaces them like for like, in a well drilled setup based on clear principals then you might have a point.  Any underperforming players would have no excuse for an aimless, disorganised, listless show.

We don't do that though.  Pardew chops and changes with total disregard for any sort of consitency, he withdraws players who are crying out for game time, he puts players in their place that are proven failures at this level.  He plays them out of position.  He claims he has one vision while the team produce something totally different.

Ashley takes all the blame for everything that goes tits up at the club, but that includes appointing Pardew.  A bloke whose entire track record shows a history of completely failing to get performances out of world class players like Tevez.  We were disgusted when he arrived because we know what a bad manager he is and that hasn't changed.  Ashley's faults don't absolve him of his failures any more than Pardew's faults absolve Ashley.

2 total shitheads.

None of that changes the fact that as a fan i don't want to get beat off fucking Aston Villa at home.

Yes 121 (87.7%)

Well it is a hypothetical though so there's no getting apart from it.

And your conclusion you've drawn from it is ridiculous.

No one wants to lose games (plural),  but if the situation was that losing specifically the next game to Villa would see Pardew sacked then I would take that loss as we're safe in the league and I want Pardew out.

Skeletor nicely sums up what the question really is. Your inference is flawed.

I don't know if I could ever bring myself to want a defeat, I didn't want to get relegated to get rid of Allardyce, I was shitting it. But fair play if your hatred is really that strong.

Strip out 'hatred' and logic still dictates you'd want him sacked because he's very, very bad at his job and we're safe as houses for the rest of our meaningless fixture schedule. Fair play if your love is really that strong though.

I don't know if I could ever bring myself to want a defeat, I didn't want to get relegated to get rid of Allardyce, I was shitting it. But fair play if your hatred is really that strong.

Again, I would rather describe it as a love for my football club than a specific hatred for Pardew.

Rob Lee recently said on the True Faith podcast that he was praying for us to lose the derby because he knew Gullit would go.

This moral high ground stuff of "you should never want your own team to lose" is canny pathetic really. Here in the real world, things aren't as black and white as all that. I want Newcastle to win more than they lose and that involves getting rid of Alan Pardew as soon as possible.

Quite funny watching Happy Face backpedal furiously about the man whose praises he has sung almost endlessly despite absolutely hating him (honest Guv!).

Nothing I have said contradicts my "sack the prick" post.

Posted this elsewhere today...

If the manager lines up the best players he has in their best positions, or drops players and replaces them like for like, in a well drilled setup based on clear principals then you might have a point.  Any underperforming players would have no excuse for an aimless, disorganised, listless show.

We don't do that though.  Pardew chops and changes with total disregard for any sort of consitency, he withdraws players who are crying out for game time, he puts players in their place that are proven failures at this level.  He plays them out of position.  He claims he has one vision while the team produce something totally different.

Ashley takes all the blame for everything that goes tits up at the club, but that includes appointing Pardew.  A bloke whose entire track record shows a history of completely failing to get performances out of world class players like Tevez.  We were disgusted when he arrived because we know what a bad manager he is and that hasn't changed.  Ashley's faults don't absolve him of his failures any more than Pardew's faults absolve Ashley.

2 total shitheads.

None of that changes the fact that as a fan i don't want to get beat off fucking Aston Villa at home.

Nobody wants to get beat off Aston Villa at home, but I would rather that the continuation of the bi-annual slaying from the mackems every year.

Again, I would rather describe it as a love for my football club than a specific hatred for Pardew.

That's cool, not trying to judge anyone. I just like to support the eleven that run out every match day, it's how I get by.

That's cool, not trying to judge anyone. I just like to support the eleven that run out every match day, it's how I get by.

You are though Ian :lol:

I would happily take a defeat if it meant that would be the last we'd see of Pardew in our dugout. I hate the bloke the same way as I hate Souness and Allardyce. Win, lose or draw on Sunday, it matters not one bit. We'll either be 8th or 9th afterwards which is where we'll be in May after 38 games

You are though Ian :lol:

I'm not, I don't get involved in who's a better fan or who isn't. You're reading too much into this. Just saying how I see it.

The biggest problem for me is the massive worry about what happens next. I'm nearly at the point where I'm neutral about the question of Pardew being sacked or not.

If the question was "would you take defeat against Villa if Pards was sacked and replaced by a positive, capable manager with experience/potential in the game" then obviously I would have a harder time objecting.

What's one single defeat in the grand scheme of a long-term future? Comparison with relegation is bonkers too.

What's one single defeat in the grand scheme of a long-term future? Comparison with relegation is bonkers too.

Granted it's not the same, but it would be interesting to see the 'would you take relegation' poll results.

Anyway, meh, each to their own. It's really not a question that can allow much debate. It's basically the same as 'do you want Pardew sacked right now'.

Granted it's not the same, but it would be interesting to see the 'would you take relegation' poll results.

Anyway, meh, each to their own. It's really not a question that can allow much debate.

Put it in another way. Would you take a defeat if it means getting rid of Ashley?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to cheer a Villa goal any more than I would enjoy the pain on my hypothetical child's face as I watch them take a vaccination needle. Doesn't stop both of them being good things long term - unless you've got your superfan high horse all saddled up.

Personally I think anyone who would take a win against Villa in order to have him keep his job and give the mackems another easy six points would be betraying the club far more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to cheer a Villa goal any more than I would enjoy the pain on my hypothetical child's face as I watch them take a vaccination needle. Doesn't stop both of them being good things long term - unless you've got your superfan high horse all saddled up.

Personally I think anyone who would take a win against Villa in order to have him keep his job and give the mackems another easy six points would be betraying the club far more.

It wasn't too difficult for me to be glad about defeats to Chelsea and Spurs because I wasn't watching those games. If you're at the game or watching it live then it's impossible to want to lose. Heart rules the head when you see your team on the pitch trying to score. But I still want the loss because it makes it that much harder to keep Pardew if he's on a record breaking losing run.