Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question to ask is, what is in it for Pardew to hang around?  Many journalists consider him a good manager, has done a "good job" at NUFC, other fans I talk to seem to think he is doing a good job...The job at nufc is a ballache, players get sold, under investment, told he cant go for cups, cant chase a european spot. 

So whats in it for Pardew, why not walk away and find a job where he doesn't have such tight restrictions placed upon him and the team.  Why not find a team that wants to improve.

What does Alan pardew get for hanging around in a dead end job??

If he went to another club he's not going to get players of the quality of Cabaye and Remy to hide his inadequacy. It's not like he's going to be headhunted by Chelsea or Liverpool. The type of club which would hire him would be Palace or West Ham, and he'd have them relegated within a season.

Question to ask is, what is in it for Pardew to hang around?  Many journalists consider him a good manager, has done a "good job" at NUFC, other fans I talk to seem to think he is doing a good job...The job at nufc is a ballache, players get sold, under investment, told he cant go for cups, cant chase a european spot. 

So whats in it for Pardew, why not walk away and find a job where he doesn't have such tight restrictions placed upon him and the team.  Why not find a team that wants to improve.

What does Alan pardew get for hanging around in a dead end job??

If he went to another club he's not going to get players of the quality of Cabaye and Remy to hide his inadequacy. It's not like he's going to be headhunted by Chelsea or Liverpool. The type of club which would hire him would be Palace or West Ham, and he'd have them relegated within a season.

They can have his head, tbf.

The rest of the rancid f***er can go into one of Munchies' kebabs.  :pardsbeard:

Happy Face now denying being one of Pardew's staunchest defenders. f*** me. :lol:

What a shocking sequence of events that have led to our current predicament. Who'd have thought it would turn out like this?

:lol:

Happy Face now denying being one of Pardew's staunchest defenders. Fuck me. :lol:

I've defended him against daft, unfair criticisms.

Like I said though, you won't find any posts where I praise the fucker.

You've skewed just about every stat possible to try and paint him as, at the very least, an average manager for us who's "hands are tied". To say that all you've done is "defend him against daft, unfair criticisms" is being kind like, you've defended him at every corner, even to the point of bringing HBA's pass/touch % :lol:

Not saying you haven't made good points along the way, or that the opposing argument has always been watertight, but saying "he's a twat" and "Ashley won't get anyone better" every now and then doesn't nullify the fact that you've opposed the vast majority of negative opinions against him.

Happy Face now denying being one of Pardew's staunchest defenders. Fuck me. :lol:

I've defended him against daft, unfair criticisms.

Like I said though, you won't find any posts where I praise the fucker.

You advocated going into the most recent derby, and the one before that, and the one before that with him at the helm because you said he didn't deserve to be sacked.

Then you moan when Alan Pardew gets pissed on by them again when anybody with a single ounce of footballing sense knows that is what Alan Pardew does.

You'll be back waving his flag next time your stats say you should.

Almost a good article, should have mentioned how the teams that have great starts to the season and are crap after christmas usually carry that form into the new season

"Hull were relegated with only 30 points the season after their narrow escape, while West Brom continue to struggle this term, with even the mid-season appointment of Pepe Mel unable to provide the usual momentum shifting effect that a new manager brings.

This is probably not the season for those of a black and white persuasion to panic therefore, that particular joy appears destined to arrive in circa six months time if measures aren’t taken to arrest the current profligacy that casts a dark shadow over the club."

We're snookered like...Cabaye gone, Remy and Colo off in the summer. It'll take some sort of bibical miracle for Ashley to adequately replace those 3 in the next window.

Guest bimpy474

Almost a good article, should have mentioned how the teams that have great starts to the season and are crap after christmas usually carry that form into the new season

"Hull were relegated with only 30 points the season after their narrow escape, while West Brom continue to struggle this term, with even the mid-season appointment of Pepe Mel unable to provide the usual momentum shifting effect that a new manager brings.

This is probably not the season for those of a black and white persuasion to panic therefore, that particular joy appears destined to arrive in circa six months time if measures aren’t taken to arrest the current profligacy that casts a dark shadow over the club."

We're snookered like...Cabaye gone, Remy and Colo off in the summer. It'll take some sort of bibical miracle for Ashley to adequately replace those 3 in the next window.

You know what they are going to say, we will look at the youth set up and promote players from there. Brilliant when none of those are ready or good enough. I can just see Pardew waffling that shit out.

Voted YES, although i know removing him wont change much. Its only half of the disease.

I do not believe Mike can find anyone good/likeable to do the job. Removing pardew could start something really nasty. Not sure a lot of managers could keep Ashley and mostly themself happy in this setup. It could create chaos imo. Ashley could spend the next years hiring and sacking managers every season coz finding a decent human being and good manager that is willing to swallow his pride and back him 100%  could prove difficult...

Come 1.30 on Sunday I will be of the short-sighted opinion that anything other than a Newcastle victory is a disappointment.

Wish I could get excited by the prospect of a new manager, but I can't. The fat fucking tapeworm will still be deep inside the club's intestines. 3 points please.

Guest tollemache

Heard this kind of talk before, in the last 3 years. A lot - now we're truly fucked, going down again, etc. Let's see who we bring in. Could well be that we totally fail to reinvest and don't come close to replacing Cabaye et al. Could be that we absolutely nail it and somehow find another couple of gifted players for stupidly low prices. Probably somewhere in between I think. A decent attempt to plug the gap, players of a pretty good calibre such as Cabella but I'd be surprised if we get anyone quite as obviously CL-bound as Cabaye.

I would fear that any replacement would get sucked into the whole patsy for the regime/mouthpiece/as bad as them stuff fairly quickly unless we also changed our transfer policy at the same time.

Think the only thing we could hope for is better football.

I'll accept that.

Guest tollemache

Trying to think of managers who'd actually make that happen, with a clear predilection for passing footy, who are available and would want to come. So far I've got: Laudrup maybe but probably not. Granted, I've only been trying for 4 or 5 minutes but who else is there?

I would fear that any replacement would get sucked into the whole patsy for the regime/mouthpiece/as bad as them stuff fairly quickly unless we also changed our transfer policy at the same time.

Think the only thing we could hope for is better football.

I'll accept that.

Exactly all I'm hoping for, obviously the ultimate goal should be to pan Ashley and all his cronies but the reason I'm vehemently against Pardew is the utter dross we're subjected to which just amplifies everything wrong with the club.

Short-termist? Yes, absolutely! But it's a start.

Guest tollemache

Debuchy    Colo     Mbiwa  

Sissoko      Tiote      Anita

Cabella

Santon                             Gouffran
                       De Jong

It'd be something daft like that. Key tactical talking points: everyone doing fucking everything, all the time, as quickly as possible

that doesn't answer the question for me tbh, no way on earth he remotely thinks like that - he'll believe he's an excellent manager and is being let down by other factors around him, the question posed is a good one imo, the only answer i can think is he's not comfortably rich and won't walk from payoff without a guaranteed job lined up

as stated his stock is high, and doesn't seem to be getting any lower, so if you were him why walk when you can eventually be pushed holding a suitcase full of money?