Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dont think he say more of the same, theres a clear message to sit & our formation changes.

We are hard to score against, but you cant always hold a 1 goal lead. Its no coincidence they are mostly what we win by.

We had no intention to play football in the second half. That's pretty inexcusable when you're facing an injury stricken Southampton at home, after running them ragged in the first half.

He's been saying the right things lately (finally), and I understood the merit of starting Shola ahead of HBA - as it took away one of Southampton's big weapons (the harrying and congestion in midfield) - but to cede momentum them was all too familiar. Seeing them walk the ball up to the invisible forcefield of the halfway line, which we were unable to push out from... on 46 minutes... is just sad.

We had no intention to play football in the second half. That's pretty inexcusable when you're facing an injury stricken Southampton at home, after running them ragged in the first half.

He's been saying the right things lately (finally), and I understood the merit of starting Shola ahead of HBA - as it took away one of Southampton's big weapons (the harrying and congestion in midfield) - but to cede momentum them was all too familiar. Seeing them walk the ball up to the invisible forcefield of the halfway line, which we were unable to push out from... on 46 minutes... is just sad.

:thup:

As soon as we came out in the second half we gave up the midfield and just about everyone in the match thread was saying it's a matter of time before they score, and they did. They weren't even at full strength but I was happy to get away with a point by the final whistle. Total pandemonium in that second half.

Aye, it's Pardew's fault for Remy not scoring from one of those sitters...

We lost control of the game in the second half after they made the changes. Seen it too many times before to start blaming individual players for not scoring every chance.

It's the other team's fault for trying to score, what else could we do?

Guest hatem garrincha

Pardew can't be blamed for our players not taking their chances. From my seat in the Gallowgate we could have been 3 or 4 nil up in the first half.

Players have done enough this season to hide his limits as manager.

Yeah, it's frustrating as f***. We can have a decent season as it is but could be so much better.

I was genuinely optimistic after the Man U game because I thought he'd had a eureka moment when he'd commented on playing too direct and commenting about keeping more possession.  As soon as I read the starting 11 I knew he had just been talking shite and was reverting to type.

I've criticised Pardew a lot because for large parts of the last 18 months he's been shit but he couldn't have done much more today. We created the best chances, missed some sitters and even in the second half I thought we look more likely to grab a second than concede.

It is amusing to see loads of people whinge about Pardew's perceived negativity and they only scored because our full back and centre back were fucking about on the edge of their final third when they broke :lol:

Here's a problem. There isn't many goals in this team. And that's not all Pardew's fault like.

There's only Man U outside the top 5 who've scored more than us.

Happy Face would be proud. That stat is down to Remy. If he's off his game...we don't have many different players who can score. Gouffran and Cabaye are good for a few. Shola and Cisse may never score again.  We don't have any defenders who can chip in. It's a problem. Everton had four different scorers today.

I've criticised Pardew a lot because for large parts of the last 18 months he's been shit but he couldn't have done much more today. We created the best chances, missed some sitters and even in the second half I thought we look more likely to grab a second than concede.

It is amusing to see loads of people whinge about Pardew's perceived negativity and they only scored because our full back and centre back were fucking about on the edge of their final third when they broke :lol:

We only looked more likely to grab a second once they'd equalised. First fifteen minutes of the second half were awful and that's what cost us. We sat extremely deep and gave them the initiative when we really didn't need to. I thought Southampton were rotten in the first half.

We only looked more likely to grab a second once they'd equalised. First fifteen minutes of the second half were awful and that's what cost us. We sat extremely deep and gave them the initiative when we really didn't need to. I thought Southampton were rotten in the first half.

They scored when we were pressing man. They caught us on the break. The goal wasn't a result of pressure that had been building the entire half, it was Santon trying a chip from 30 yards out when nee fucker was behind him to clear up his mess.

Here's a problem. There isn't many goals in this team. And that's not all Pardew's fault like.

Absolutely right:

Here's Ashley's spending on strikers 2007 - 2013:

Viduka 0

Xisco £5.7m

Zamblera 0.5

Ranger 0

Lovenkrands (twice) 0

Best £2m

Ba 0 (+various add ons)

Cisse  £10m

Gouffran £2m

Total: £20.2m

Cisse came on to replace a striker who his manager has said isn't fit to play 2 games in a week and shouldn't be near a start for a premier league side in the first place. As bad as he is he is Cisse is still our number 9 - you can argue about the decision as much as you want, but we just haven't got the strikers to sustain a push for the top 6 imo.

I thought Southampton got a grip on the middle of the park in the 2nd half rather than us surrendering it - Anita was excellent in the first half but made mistakes in the 2nd half. Their half time changes made a difference, we had nothing on the bench to counter the grip they began to exert on midfield when Schneiderlinand Lallana came on.

There's only Man U outside the top 5 who've scored more than us.

Happy Face would be proud. That stat is down to Remy. If he's off his game...we don't have many different players who can score. Gouffran and Cabaye are good for a few. Shola and Cisse may never score again.  We don't have any defenders who can chip in. It's a problem. Everton had four different scorers today.

It's not like Remy has been scoring screamers like Cisse. A lot of them have been finishes from chances created for him. And what's the difference between Remy & Gouffran getting the bulk of ours and say, Sturridge & Suarez, Giroud & Ramsey and Rooney & RvP at other clubs?

I've criticised Pardew a lot because for large parts of the last 18 months he's been s*** but he couldn't have done much more today. We created the best chances, missed some sitters and even in the second half I thought we look more likely to grab a second than concede.

It is amusing to see loads of people whinge about Pardew's perceived negativity and they only scored because our full back and centre back were f***ing about on the edge of their final third when they broke :lol:

They scored when we were pressing man. They caught us on the break. The goal wasn't a result of pressure that had been building the entire half, it was Santon trying a chip from 30 yards out when nee f***er was behind him to clear up his mess.

Purely because it was a set piece, we werent pressing them whatsoever 2nd half until they scored. We were taking pressure.