Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:lol: If you scroll by the entire article and base your opinion on one of the 2 comments, aye.

Fuck knas, I don't think basing it on passes makes any more sense to be honest - you could have Ben Arfa running with the ball for 10 seconds at one point in the match and the Southampton team tapping it around their defence for 10 seconds at another and this would completely distort the stats in Southampton's favour.  The debate lies more with what you define as time in possession, there are a lot of scrappy passages of play where it's difficult to define who is really in possession of the ball and also other times when the ball is flying aimlessly through the air.  For stoppages and time it takes to deliver a set piece it makes sense to stop the clock entirely until the ball is kicked again.

Guest zicomartin

Yeah, I get it... I need to stop asking daft questions in case I get a sensible answer. Just seems like these stats are mostly made up and broadcast as Gospel, yet nobody even knows the logic behind it, for certain.

Guest firetotheworks

I really hate the bloke, but I have no real qualms with him about yesterday.

I'm pissed off that we didn't win, when we clearly should have, but I put that more down to Santon and Remy tbh.

We hoofed it, which I hate, but it did feel like it was working to me. When we do it and it clearly isn't working and it's the only thing we do is when I'll be pissed off with it again.

No complaints? He started with Shola "one decent half all season" Ameobi.

Shola hasn't been playing too bad and it was probably the right thing to do against them, to be a bit a bit more direct and physical. Sounds as though someone has a chip on their shoulder.

Back to being a fucking coward. Shit scared of Southampton reserves :lol:

:jesuswept:

:lol: Dat fickleness.

It's the arrogance :lol: reserve side? Osvaldo, Rodriguez and Lovren cost about £30m between them, not to mention the youth Southampton manage to regularly produce!

It's the arrogance :lol: reserve side? Osvaldo, Rodriguez and Lovren cost about £30m between them, not to mention the youth Southampton manage to regularly produce!

Southampton are like a better version of Norwich, a smattering of expensive good players surrounded by club level workhorses. We've spent far less on players like Gouffran, Sissoko and Cabaye, but our pedigree throughout the squad is much better.

Guest palnese

They had about 5 starters out of their starting 11. That's quite a lot.

Going 4-5-1 in the second half with Shola up front, doing nothing, was an absolute disgrace.

Southampton are like a better version of Norwich, a smattering of expensive good players surrounded by club level workhorses. We've spent far less on players like Gouffran, Sissoko and Cabaye, but our pedigree throughout the squad is much better.

Southampton have spent a fair bit and have the likes of Shaw, Ward-Prowse, Clyne (I know he was bought but was cheap) coming through. They are far from a bad side, as they have shown this season.

A draw which we were more than deserving of and probably should have won is definitely not a bad result and Pardew can't be blamed for the chances we missed.

Guest palnese

Southampton have spent a fair bit and have the likes of Shaw, Ward-Prowse, Clyne (I know he was bought but was cheap) coming through. They are far from a bad side, as they have shown this season.

A draw which we were more than deserving of and probably should have won is definitely not a bad result and Pardew can't be blamed for the chances we missed.

But he can be blamed for how he set his side up for the 2nd half, which cost us 2 points.

Back to being a f***ing coward. s*** scared of Southampton reserves :lol:

But he can be blamed for how he set his side up for the 2nd half, which cost us 2 points.

Give over man. We had a bad twenty minutes and after that it could have went either way. It was a good end to end game at the end and if remy scores we probably win it.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Southampton are another of those good teams that are greater than the sum of their parts largely thanks to a clearly defined style of play. Unlike us.

They mainly hoofed it yesterday.