Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

He's a terrible manager! He wasn't strong enough to tell Ba he would be staying on the left for the team's benefit, and so tried to play both him and Cisse upfront, which never worked.

He then went even more boneheaded, and started playing Cisse wide instead of Ba, because again he wasn't strong enough to manage Ba. It's essentially been downhill from then on.

Even with the start of a new season and Remy essentially coming in to replace Ba. He's never thought to go back to that formation with Remy on the left, and stick to it, especially as Remy has looked great on the left when he's played there.

He's completely clueless, there's no doubt about it. I honestly don't know how he's a manager. He isn't aware of what works well for the team, and never learns from past experiences. He's just really stupid. Ironic that he keeps harping on about needing smarter middle class players, as he's the one that is very unintelligent.

Not this s*** again :lol:

Not to agree with Kaka like, but whatever the reason, the outcome was the same.

This is self-righteous, but I still feel some people don't "deserve" to want Pardew Out. Those of us who've argued it since ~Reading were urging proactivity as we could see this unfold at any given time due to his unmistakeable shitness. I was given an incredible amount of shit from other Swedish fans for my "negativity".

Not seeing it then but turning around now, for the exact same reasons, is provoking.

Guest firetotheworks

I couldn't give a shit so long as they learn from their daft mistakes and remain off their high horse.

He's a terrible manager! He wasn't strong enough to tell Ba he would be staying on the left for the team's benefit, and so tried to play both him and Cisse upfront, which never worked.

He then went even more boneheaded, and started playing Cisse wide instead of Ba, because again he wasn't strong enough to manage Ba. It's essentially been downhill from then on.

Even with the start of a new season and Remy essentially coming in to replace Ba. He's never thought to go back to that formation with Remy on the left, and stick to it, especially as Remy has looked great on the left when he's played there.

He's completely clueless, there's no doubt about it. I honestly don't know how he's a manager. He isn't aware of what works well for the team, and never learns from past experiences. He's just really stupid. Ironic that he keeps harping on about needing smarter middle class players, as he's the one that is very unintelligent.

Not this s*** again :lol:

Not to agree with Kaka like, but whatever the reason, the outcome was the same.

It was to be fair. Alternatively we could have signed a proper left winger and let Ba and Cisse compete for the striker position, but you are not allowed that many purples.

This is self-righteous, but I still feel some people don't "deserve" to want Pardew Out. Those of us who've argued it since ~Reading were urging proactivity as we could see this unfold at any given time due to his unmistakeable shitness. I was given an incredible amount of s*** from other Swedish fans for my "negativity".

Not seeing it then but turning around now, for the exact same reasons, is provoking.

WTF :lol:

This is self-righteous, but I still feel some people don't "deserve" to want Pardew Out. Those of us who've argued it since ~Reading were urging proactivity as we could see this unfold at any given time due to his unmistakeable shitness. I was given an incredible amount of s*** from other Swedish fans for my "negativity".

Sorry, but what are you on about? As one of the first along with Mick (from what I remember and HTT I think) I don't care if people saw sense then or now, the important part is that everyone is turning against this complete and utter fraud.

I think one of the reasons Cisse did so well was because he had the support of Ba coming in off that side. If you had put a normal left winger there I'm not sure it would have worked so well. Guess we will never know now.....

Sorry, but what are you on about? As one of the first along with Mick (from what I remember and HTT I think) I don't care if people saw sense then or now, the important part is that everyone is turning against this complete and utter fraud.

Knew this wouldn't go down well :lol:

Probably because of what I encountered from most Swedish fans. Had to defend my opinion on Pardew way too much. This is some sort of personal revenge. I take it you stay away from the Swedish forums? Being ridiculed for an opinion that most people would come to accept 12 months later. I feel they deserve Pardew  :)

Guest firetotheworks

*next manager name here* OUT!!!

There, at least I will be allowed to stay on as a fan when the inevitable happens.

It's not about that specifically though, it's more about being snooty and lauding everyone whilst being exactly wrong for like 2 years. Not that I'm arsed like, it's petty, but when you see the same people continue to think that they're right in such a patronising way, it's canny hard to hold your tongue.

:facepalm:

I'm sorry man, but self-righteous doesn't even begin to describe what you wrote there. I've wanted him out for a long time as well, and yeah I guess that Reading game was something of a turning point. But at the same time I've appreciated the concern for another managerial change, considering our history and especially our clueless owner.

It was Ba wasn't it? Essentially put him ahead of our side it seemed & tried to justify it on the radio as "Footballs not about formations, it's about pass & move" etc I think. I remember people specifically asking him why he'd stopped the 4-3-3 & he claimed it wasn't that important.

Essentially he ignored the obvious & thought he had insight beyond it that everyone else was missing. Then we nearly got relegated.

He also claimed that we switched between formations all the time and that we had done at the end of that season as well. Lies of course, we were always 4231 at the end of that season with players staying in position (apart from when HBA and Ba switched sides occasionally) and last season we never once, not even for a moment played with Ba left, Cisse central and HBA right. Not for one single second.

I remember a random game where we beat spurs 2-1 & Ben Arfa got a pen running in from a corner. Think that was the last time he used it, obviously because it only helped us beat a champions league contender at that time.

Winning manager of the season helped his ego to much, never does what's simple & that's all he can do well. Sad thing is with our players then that's all we needed.

I think one of the reasons Cisse did so well was because he had the support of Ba coming in off that side. If you had put a normal left winger there I'm not sure it would have worked so well. Guess we will never know now.....

All Pardew has to do to get Cisse back on track is this.

There, at least I will be allowed to stay on as a fan when the inevitable happens.

It's not about that specifically though, it's more about being snooty and lauding everyone whilst being exactly wrong for like 2 years. Not that I'm arsed like, it's petty, but when you see the same people continue to think that they're right in such a patronising way, it's canny hard to hold your tongue.

This is it for me. Anyone that held the pardew out belief was usually patronised or laughed at as "hysterical". Now obvs people are turning round it's hard not to be annoyed about it IMO

This is what I meant.

When we were doing fairly well for the first half of the season and playing some decent stuff, were the ones who preached patience wrong then as well? Besides, the fans who hadn't turned then were every bit as powerless as they are now. Only one man can decide to give him the bullet, and he probably won't for obvious reasons. I just think calling people out like this is childish, but each to their own.

This is it for me. Anyone that held the pardew out belief was usually patronised or laughed at as "hysterical". Now obvs people are turning round it's hard not to be annoyed about it IMO

Maybe in the fifth place season or the start of the near relegation one, but the tide has been turning for a lot longer than just the past few weeks on here. It's just that the outside world is finally catching up recently.

Guest firetotheworks

When we were doing fairly well for the first half of the season and playing some decent stuff, were the ones who preached patience wrong then as well? Besides, the fans who hadn't turned then were every bit as powerless as they are now. Only one man can decide to give him the bullet, and he probably won't for obvious reasons. I just think calling people out like this is childish, but each to their own.

Wey, that's pretty much what I've just said. I've just said that the problem is with the people that continue to ride their high horse on other things when they've been long for so long.

The Reading game was the absolute cut off point for me where it was pretty much "you're an idiot if you defend Pardew", before that I felt like I did and, in hindsight did, give him every possible benefit of the doubt.

Of course wishing Pardew on people for life is taking things too far.

What I was trying to say is that the provocative element in people who went overboard in their accusations all the way through last season, painting those who wanted Pardew out as part of the problem, is significant.

There are many who were very vocal - of course not here, the mothership of Pardew hatred - in their argument that wanting him out was a knee-jerk opinion. They pointed to his ONE successfull season in the Premiership, talked about "stability", faulted the players rather than him (whose ability were decreasing alarmingly fast), refusing to see why he was at the club, bought his endless f***ing bullshit and excuses, talked about Europa League as a big problem and celebrated the fact that we stayed up. Who defends a manager that starts Shola Ameobi at right-wing?

They all go under the same banner as f***ing @nufcfans.

Wey, that's pretty much what I've just said. I've just said that the problem is with the people that continue to ride their high horse on other things when they've been long for so long.

The Reading game was the absolute cut off point for me where it was pretty much "you're an idiot if you defend Pardew", before that I felt like I did and, in hindsight did, give him every possible benefit of the doubt.

Reading was when I first turned, then we had the run after the January signings when we had a good spell (beating Villa, Chelsea & Southampton) and I thought well maybe now he's got a decent squad he deserves a chance with it. After Benfica though, but for the 5 game patch after this season's away derby defeat, it's been insipid.

Knew this wouldn't go down well :lol:

Probably because of what I encountered from most Swedish fans. Had to defend my opinion on Pardew way too much. This is some sort of personal revenge. I take it you stay away from the Swedish forums? Being ridiculed for an opinion that most people would come to accept 12 months later. I feel they deserve Pardew  :)

:lol: I don't know why but this got me.

Most fans have recognised he's not a good manager, it's just that there's no warranty that the next one will be better. We've reached a point now where that doesn't matter to most, we just want him out.