Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

Moyes is a bang average manager, someone who can only do an effective job in certain conditions. He prefers hard working players over flair players. He sets his teams up not to lose as opposed to winning the game. Tactically his sides are very rudimentary based around work-rate, pressing and typically using a target man type figure up front to bully the opposition/launch attacks to.

He is very old skool in that regard. He's more of a PE teacher type 'coach' than a forward thinking philosopher of the game which is why he will never ever go anywhere in his career other than doing solid steady jobs at mediocre clubs, with the odd exceptional or stand out season. Everton was his stamp and always will be.

Yes that's better than what we have under Pardew, but I want to see some real progression in the development of players, ideas, styles and pattern of play at Newcastle in the way Wenger has brought to Graham's Arsenal, Rodgers to Dalglish's Liverpool, Laudrup to Swansea, Pochettino to Southampton and Martinez to Moyes' Everton etc.

Moyes is in the same league as Hughes, Big Sam, Pardew, Pulis et al, all limited average managers who get a side doing well based on hard graft, a set way of playing, old skool tactics and good old fashioned luck with injuries etc., but only in the right circumstances.

It is no coincidence that whenever Hughes, Big Sam or now Moyes has went up a level or been asked to go up a level, they have struggled and that's because the way they do things only ever works or will work is at certain clubs under certain criteria.

With coaches like Rodgers, Martinez, Pochettino etc. you just know they will be able to transfer their ideas and ways of playing to any side they managed. That's the type of manager I'd like to see at Newcastle and that's what we need if we are to become anything other than what we are.

Moyes would be a step up from Pardew, but all we ever would be under him is a more effective and more robust Pardew NUFC side and I don't want that, I want to see some shift in how we play. I want to see a revolution not a continuation of the same old same old.

Moyes didn't do wonders at Everton nor a great job, he did a good job nothing more. I work in Liverpool all the time and the general consensus among Everton fans is that he was a good fit for them, but every season was the same even when they would finish say 6th instead of 8th. They are loving Martinez who is like a breath of fresh air to them.

And I'm jealous as fuck :(

Moyes is a bang average manager, someone who can only do an effective job in certain conditions. He prefers hard working players over flair players. He sets his teams up not to lose as opposed to winning the game. Tactically his sides are very rudimentary based around work-rate, pressing and typically using a target man type figure up front to bully the opposition/launch attacks to.

He is very old skool in that regard. He's more of a PE teacher type 'coach' than a forward thinking philosopher of the game which is why he will never ever go anywhere in his career other than doing solid steady jobs at mediocre clubs, with the odd exceptional or stand out season. Everton was his stamp and always will be.

Yes that's better than what we have under Pardew, but I want to see some real progression in the development of players, ideas, styles and pattern of play at Newcastle in the way Wenger has brought to Graham's Arsenal, Rodgers to Dalglish's Liverpool, Laudrup to Swansea, Pochettino to Southampton and Martinez to Moyes' Everton etc.

Moyes is in the same league as Hughes, Big Sam, Pardew, Pulis et al, all limited average managers who get a side doing well based on hard graft, a set way of playing, old skool tactics and good old fashioned luck with injuries etc., but only in the right circumstances.

It is no coincidence that whenever Hughes, Big Sam or now Moyes has went up a level or been asked to go up a level, they have struggled and that's because the way they do things only ever works or will work is at certain clubs under certain criteria.

With coaches like Rodgers, Martinez, Pochettino etc. you just know they will be able to transfer their ideas and ways of playing to any side they managed. That's the type of manager I'd like to see at Newcastle and that's what we need if we are to become anything other than what we are.

Moyes would be a step up from Pardew, but all we ever would be under him is a more effective and more robust Pardew NUFC side and I don't want that, I want to see some shift in how we play. I want to see a revolution not a continuation of the same old same old.

Moyes didn't do wonders at Everton nor a great job, he did a good job nothing more. I work in Liverpool all the time and the general consensus among Everton fans is that he was a good fit for them, but every season was the same even when they would finish say 6th instead of 8th. They are loving Martinez who is like a breath of fresh air to them.

Totally agree with this. The way forward has to be based around a certain style of play throughout the whole club. A footballing mentality. An ethos.

The irony being that Rodgers, Poch, Laudrup and Martinez all got their current/latest jobs without significant compensation having to be paid.

MA won't see that though.

I think it was Wullie who said it earlier that we need a manager who's going to bring some excitement. You can't guarantee a manager will do a good job but certain managers you can bank on to deliver good football and excitement on the pitch. After nearly 3 and a half years of Pardball we all deserve that little bit of excitement on the pitch.

I think it was Wullie who said it earlier that we need a manager who's going to bring some excitement. You can't guarantee a manager will do a good job but certain managers you can bank on to deliver good football and excitement on the pitch. After nearly 3 and a half years of Pardball we all deserve that little bit of excitement on the pitch.

:thup: aye.

christ there's some ridiculously selective memories, Moyes did an incredible job at Everton on a rather small budget brought in some excellent players for low prices and the quality of football progressively improved under him. We'd do very well to get him.

So that leaves us with Carlos Bielsa and Laudrup?

Let's focus on getting Pardew out of the job first (fucking twitter).

Oh there's no shifting Pardew. The fact we hate him is just a bonus for Ashley.

:thup: aye.

This is literally what we should all be going for, I'd take Moyes but I'd prefer someone more inclined to attack as their primary goal.

So that leaves us with Carlos Bielsa and Laudrup?

Let's focus on getting Pardew out of the job first (fucking twitter).

I've just looked at the table. We really are exactly where MA wants us to be.

Not in relegation fight (no risk of £££££'s hit), no chance of Europa (no chance of ££££££'s having to be spent on squad fillers for stupid, time consuming competition) and likely to achieve target of 8th to 10th every year.

From his viewpoint, given he pays so much attention to results (points, league position and financial), so little attention to the fans, even less to the popular press and doesn't appear to give a fuck about the quality of football we play (providing targets are achieved) there's absolutely fuck all chance AP is going ANYWHERE.

We should get our heads around that. Prepare for disappointment if anyone feels he's going to go. I just cannot see it. He's doing everything asked of him (and more some would say because MA hasn't had to pay a MD for months up to LC appointment).

Where else would he get a yes man, bought into the MA regime and ethos, a PR Front etc all for less than some Championship Managers earn?

Who else, with any sort of calibre, would work for him on those terms?

My biggest hope was that AP would succumb to the pressure (he really doesn't like ego hits and hasn't been anywhere as a Manager for long - always tending to get found out) but, with the seemingly unerring support he's getting off MA, these would really strengthen his position.

I can't imagine us not being in a relegation battle next season if Pardew stays on, that alone should be reason enough for the fat one to consider a change.

The alternative is that he backs Pardew up with unfashionable and expensive cloggers who have very little resale value, which will probably drag us into a relegation battle anyway, or consider the cheaper alternative that is to hire a manager capable of getting more out of our current setup.

I can't imagine us not being in a relegation battle next season if Pardew stays on, that alone should be reason enough for the fat one to consider a change.

The alternative is that he backs Pardew up with unfashionable and expensive cloggers who have very little resale value, which will probably drag us into a relegation battle anyway, or consider the cheaper alternative that is to hire a manager capable of getting more out of our current setup.

Second guessing Ashley is a fools game. I agree that we'll be fighting relegation next season under AP but then Ashley's view will probably be that he'll just throw money at the problem in January.

It's the fine lines isn't it? When you aspire to be bang average there's always the risk that you're actually not. When you aspire to exist for profit purposes alone, there's a risk that you sell one player too far, or rather don't sign one extra player.

When our best case scenario is 8th, it's not an awful long way to fall to be 18th. There's the rub. There's the downside.

He's a gambler Ashley and I'd always hoped that he'd throw good money at us in January in the event we had the potential to push on, make a difference, instill a bit of belief but, let's be brutally honest, he's only in this until he can claw back his money + a healthy profit.

That much is clear now. I think.

Very well put :thup:

I'm doing an article on Pardew - what are some of the more remarkable stats, apart from 5 defeats in a row? Is 'never winning after going behind' actually true?

Never turning a half-time loss into a win, I think.

We didn't score for a corner for something like 350 corners.

He's played Shola at right-mid.

Guest firetotheworks

Absolutely true.

Less PL goals scored in 2014 at St James Park than Sunderland up until 19th April.

Worst home defeat to Sunderland in 46 years

Then the same defeat the following year

Worst home defeat in 87 years (0-6 against Liverpool)

Your best person to ask is Happy Face.

I'm doing an article on Pardew - what are some of the more remarkable stats, apart from 5 defeats in a row? Is 'never winning after going behind' actually true?

Haven't we only won once from a losing position in his whole time here in the league? Stoke at home? Do I just have the blinkers on?

Haven't we only won once from a losing position in his whole time here in the league? Stoke at home? Do I just have the blinkers on?

Think we've done it three times now.

Nah, we won 3-2 at home to Chelsea last season despite being down 1-2. And 2-1 at QPR after Rémy scored a pen.

Nah, we won 3-2 at home to Chelsea last season despite being down 1-2. And 2-1 at QPR after Rémy scored a pen.

:thup:

Think we've never won after losing at half time though? Or not in pure ages.

Southampton (h) 4-2

Stoke (h) 5-1

Stoke (h) 2-1

QPR (a) 2-1

Chelsea (h) 3-2

....were wins after falling behind, but we were never behind at HT in those. So his team-talks have never once inspired a turnaround.

Pardew has put us in some kind of desperation like. I would take pretty much anyone over Pardew right now but you have to stop and think. As HTT put it, a Moyes type of appointment would get us results and have us performing better, but who wants a slightly more resilient Pardew team?

One thing has always been said about us is that we just want to be entertained, I could handle 8th place finishes if it meant we were playing attack minded, fluid football, taking the game to the opposition and playing to OUR strengths. Having a go at every team in the league, no fear. That's not much to ask right?

Surely even Ashley must realise that it's no longer financially sound to back a manager that devalues players and requires a regular influx of new playing staff to ruin at every window just to survive? Ashley's blueprint of a self perpetuating club is a pipe dream with this clown in charge.

Get rid of Pardew please, but just as importantly, don't replace him with like for like, even someone who's better at it. We want good football and to get the best out of his investment Ashley needs someone with a good footballing philosophy.

Joint lowest scoring team in England in 2014. Also not scored in 17 out of 22 games or something daft. Copyright Happy Face.