Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This one is what they're going with

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmanxfXIYAAiVJ8.jpg

was reminded of

http://www.plantmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/tumblr_ltllyvK7751qzjw8go1_500.png

Life coach, fffsss.

Find a job you can actually do and stop sleeping with wives/girlfriends of those who work below you.

His life coach is definitely Jez from peep show

Do not shoot the messenger but @ a Talk in with Steve Howey stepping in for Mick Quinn in Lemington club he said inside info Pardew out end of season ,tbh will not hold my breath but said defo happening  :undecided:

Should be in the braindead rumours thread  ;D

Had to do a double take on your username, its the 3rd time i have read that today on here :lol:

Thought it might have got lost trying to be the "i told you so " tosser  ;D

If it happens there wont be a poster on here that would mind you saying it, beats the hell out of the alternative :lol:

Do i get a dead line or fall on my own sword before pre- season training  :frantic:

I just think the club has to come first sometimes and I think Saturday is an occasion where this has to happen," he said. "The team needs the passion of the fans. It's not about the board or me, it's about 11 players wearing the black and white of Newcastle at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. You're going to walk away after an hour and leave them to it? I don't think that's right and I really, really hope they don't do that. People don't see the feeling in our dressing room, they don't see that emotion. We're desperate to win for our fans. We know we've let them down."

Sweet Jesus man :lol: :lol:

Without sounding like a c***, I've never sang it like. He's never done anything to warrant the 'king' title.

Ironic we're discussing it after those book snippets.

Yup, he's been nowhere near that respect and the muppets singing seem to forget he is ASHLEYS man.

I really dont understand why people sing it.

This is really petty but I have refused to sing his name from the outset.

I recall that when fans first starting singing Hughton's name that Calderwood had to point it out to him so that he could acknowledge the fans.  With Pardew, he acknowledges the fans before they get past "Al" as if he is listening out for it and that really bugs me.

I also had a belief that for him to have any chance of succeeding that his ego needs to be kept in check and when he first got the job, a lot of people said he was much more humble than he had been previously.  I think that ego started to get out of control again after he finished 5th and was awarded Manager of the Year.

Not sure where to put this but I think it is an excellent summary by Mark DOuglas about the current disillusionment with the club and Pardew and why things needs to change.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-v-cardiff-city-7068151

May 03, 2014 09:10 By Mark Douglas

Nine damaging months comes to a head at febrile St James' Park today when Newcastle United take on Cardiff City

The air of farce was unmistakeable on that grey, muggy evening in June. Inky clouds gave the night a threatening air, and the atmosphere was hardly less foreboding inside the Newcastle Labour Club, a building that sits in the shadow of St James’ Park on a sunny afternoon.

The season was six weeks away but on reflection, the dye was cast when a man called Eddie McIntyre rose to his feet to speak on behalf of Joe

Kinnear, who had unbelievably been handed a lifeline in elite football by Newcastle’s defiant owner Mike

Ashley.

The newly coronated director of football had promised to attend – not the first or last pledge that turned out to be a bare-faced mistruth – but he had left his friend to face the flak and do the talking for him. “Give Joe a chance,” an animated Mr McIntyre implored to unimpressed fans.

Newcastle’s supporters weren’t minded to give Kinnear the benefit of the considerable doubt, and they are feeling even less charitable after a bruising, soul-sapping nine months that has drained the club of credit in its community and hollowed out what was left of the enthusiasm of the city. Rebellion is on everyone’s lips but in reality it is the apathy since the turn of the year that has been suffocating.

The 2013/14 campaign has been the season of missed opportunity and of contempt from the top from the moment Kinnear was appointed. The noise of the crowd has been replaced by the grinding of gears as the club moves backwards. Something simply has to change.

For a significant number now, the change must start in the dug-out. Alan Pardew is stretching credibility to breaking point when he implores them to “put the club first” by resisting the calls to walk out of the ground on 60 minutes. Does he blame them when it feels as if the owner and his cronies (Pardew included) have often done the polar opposite of putting the club first?

An air of protest crackles around St James’ Park. It is loose and perhaps without a definitive direction but it is definitely discernible. The debate yesterday was whether fans would or would not heed a call to walk out after 60 minutes, but whatever happens, Pardew is struggling for a mandate to continue past this summer.

No wonder: the curtain comes down on a campaign that has turned the air toxic on Tyneside today. The balance sheet will record a top-10 finish and a handsome profit but this season has come at a serious cost.

Ashley is the architect of this farce, but Pardew has been badly tarnished this year by a series of strange public utterances and endorsements for the owner. This has been the season when the perception of him has transformed from a man working with his hands tied behind his back to one who is in league with the

owner.

None of this would matter if his teams were performing, but six straight defeats have focused minds about the football being played under Pardew. It is functional, uninspiring stuff and bears little resemblance to the promise to attack and entertain. Just recently, the performances of some players have been a disgrace to the good name of the club.

The worry for Pardew is that message will arrive at the door of the owner before long. One senior player has told a leading agent that the players no longer have faith in the manager’s ability to change things – or deliver on his promises. Add that to discontent on the terraces and things start to look untenable.

Culpability goes way beyond the manager, though.

United have long attempted in their blithe statements to give the idea that they are working towards a goal.

In his rambling statement last month, Lee Charnley assured us “we will progress the Club, both on and off the field over the coming years”.

Yet strip away the spin and PR and what is left behind is the unerring sense that Newcastle have regressed this year: with a manager unable or unwilling to make the most of a talented, cosmopolitan but fragile group of players and a set-up that reacts to criticism and dissent by withdrawing ever inwards.

It began in June. Manchester City had spirited Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain away from the Nou Camp, where they had shaped a sporting dynasty. On Tyneside, we had been given Kinnear and his associates.

There is nothing progressive about it. Off-the-field, this has been a year of press bans and clumsy attempts to ostracise media that do not pay for interviews.

There was an instruction to work closely with Sports Direct News: thankfully that has been ended now. The club still want a written press partner. Those ongoing attempts are why you do not read interviews with players any more – unless Hatem Ben Arfa is desperate to get his message out, of course.

Certain people at the club do not see the goodwill that they can generate by communicating a positive, constructive message. It is dangerous and counter-productive and many others within the club agree. Not the ones who are making the call, though. What the club needs this summer is to start listening to those within its organisation that will challenge and suggest a new direction.

There are employees who have the best interests of the club at heart, but they are cowed by a ‘my-way-or-the-high-way’ approach from the top. It is not conducive to success or rediscovering the club’s soul.

Some supporters have pledged to walk away. Corporate clients are toying with the idea of ditching a toxic brand. Agents in France watched Monday’s events and it makes United look like a basket case. None of this is helpful.

The chances are Newcastle will finish ninth this season and yet this feels like the most damaging season since the club were relegated to the Championship in 2008.

Some theorise that this is even worse. At least supporters had defiance and energy in the face of the club tottering into the abyss: the atmosphere at home games since the turn of the year has been funereal.

The chances are Newcastle will finish ninth this season and yet this feels like the most damaging season since the club were relegated to the Championship in 2008.

I was actually thinking this way myself this morning.

Many managers have been sacked this season for results not as bad as yours?

“Well we’ve also won as many games as Southampton, you know, that takes some believing.”