Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'll hate him until I'm given enough evidence he doesn't deserve to be hated, cheers.

A lot of hatred for someone I am presuming you have never even met.

What evidence are you waiting for btw? A manager of the year award? A manager of the month award?

I'll hate him until I'm given enough evidence he doesn't deserve to be hated, cheers.

A lot of hatred for someone I am presuming you have never even met.

What evidence are you waiting for btw? A manager of the year award? A manager of the month award?

I think he'd have to turn into a completely different person at this point, if I'm entirely honest.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Nee worries, keep asking a 50-year old tosser for a wave and let us know when he respects the invitation.

What? :lol:

2 headlines on the guardian football this morning:

martinez - a good loss is better than a scrappy defeat

padrew - robson hailed as a beacon for pardew

:lol: i read all the chelping about pardew's quotes in the last few pages and it's bollocks for me except to say if robson is his beacon perhaps he should go and watch some interviews with the man, watch some of his football matches in charges of various teams, drink in the way his teams played football. and then perhaps he'd not be such a fucking coward - perhaps he might develop the ability to find a role for a talent like HBA

the martinez thing just compared for me a young manager with belief in himself and a commitment to attacking football - the douchebags will be along to tell me that martinez is wrong because of this spreadsheet or other but at the end of the day martinez is the one with the FA cup under his belt, not pardiola

You reckon ? Had pardew said that he'd get slaughtered on here. Firstly for not minding defeat and secondly for the gibberish that gaining points in their game tonight wouldn't alter their end of season position.

I guess that's what this place does on the whole though, it's not what is said but who says it.

Yeah, wtf is he talking about, not wanting a scrappy 1-0 win at old trafford and would rather lose? f*** off  :lol:

Having said that I think what he actually says is more nuanced, he's essentially saying he'd be happy with a very good performance and still losing out of bad luck or whatever, this seems reasonable, but you're never going to win every game a season 'beautifully' unless you're barcalona or something. Good teams get results when things are going against them and they're not at their best too.

Hang on is that real? In what world is that good? :lol:

If 'that's a football manager', he should have a lot more to him than that. We know they play good football and get results doing it, even against the top sides, but he should have a plan B and be able to grind out a result in circumstances too. I go back to it again, that Wigan game last season when we beat them, from the first minute they were making mistakes and they didn't change all game. They were down to ten for a long stretch but we were rancid during that run of games and won easily. He should be capable of putting a team out and grinding out the odd result, not lost 0-2 but have 58% possession. Surely that's a football manager.

:lol:

Eh? If you can't see there are games and circumstances where you have to adapt then there's no argument.

We know his style of play, surely 'seeing past his nose' is realising that sometimes and some games, that isn't going to work, and you have to change plans.

Why does there have to be an argument? I took from what he said that he has a long term commitment to play attacking football and take the the best teams on on their own patch. In doing doing so they will get stronger as a club over time and be capable of better and bigger things.

I think his everton look really good and I think it's a case of the media taking his statement out of context slightly (still silly imo) but all he's trying to say is a good performance even in a loss is valuable especially at old trafford. It does make some sense, a good performance no matter the result can help a team maintain momentum and improve spirits, I'd argue probably not as much as a scrappy win at old trafford though.

I like his commitment to playing attacking football, I think we should have more than that. Still think i'd struggle to find a fan who would mind getting a 1-0 scrappy win at Old Trafford and thinks that in some way sullies good performances elsewhere in season.

Eh? If you can't see there are games and circumstances where you have to adapt then there's no argument.

We know his style of play, surely 'seeing past his nose' is realising that sometimes and some games, that isn't going to work, and you have to change plans.

Why does there have to be an argument? I took from what he said that he has a long term commitment to play attacking football and take the the best teams on on their own patch. In doing doing so they will get stronger as a club over time and be capable of better and bigger things.

Like I say though, the occasional game where they have to mix it up a bit isn't going to have an impact on his overall philosophy.

Like I say though, the occasional game where they have to mix it up a bit isn't going to have an impact on his overall philosophy.

I don't think anyone, including him, said it would.

It's an utterly  commendable attitude for a manager to have imho, the kind of attitude a certain K. Keegan once had as it happens.

My fault for putting it in this thread tbh.

Going for the scrappy wins is a different matter, always trying to win well is commendable, but I don't think scrappy wins necessarily result from deliberate planning, beyond I guess trying to keep it tight when playing away at old trafford, which feels sensible to me and doesn't mean you can't attack them and go for the throat.