Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Name changing the stadium, lack of investment until we're on the brink of relegation and openingly admitting we have no other priority than exist in the premier league qualifies as not doing things the right way imo. Many decisions have been made with total disregard for the support. I accept unpopular decisions have to made in the game and we can debate the semantics of 'shafting' (You damn right...) til the cows come home but I can't understand the non-chalance at the conduct of Ashley regardless of how the bloke in the thread title is doing.

The bit in bold is absolute bollocks by the way.

Is it? ???

They've said they don't want to be in the Europa League. They've said they don't prioritise the domestic cups. Pardew has played down Champions League aspirations so that whilst it's an alleged 'goal', it's not exactly a priority.

The bolded part is 100% correct. It's all Ashley's bothered about.

In the cold light of day, it's all any club (outside the top 4/5) have as their first priority, anything else is icing on the cake, secure that first, as absolutely paramount, then see what happens. Our lot happened to put it into words, but doesn't make it any less true for them all though.

Don't agree at all, tbh. I highly doubt Ashley's mindset is one that is reflected in every single Premier League boardroom. The top 4/5 remark is even more irrelevant now, given how open the league is this season.

So, at the start of the season do you think anyone but the top 4/5 were expecting it to be so open and didn't have getting to 40 points asap as their numero uno priority thus being safe ??

I suppose everyone prioritises Premier League survival in the same way that when humans are born, we intend to live until the next day and so on. I suppose it's numero uno priority in that sense. The absolute bare minimum.

But Ashley has no substantial interest in anything beyond that, and that's what disappoints me. And I don't think there are many others in the league that have that thoroughly 'anti-sport' attitude, regardless of what backgrounds they come from.

You have no proof of that. Equally neither do I have any proof of the contrary. But based upon his business track record he'll want one hell of a lot more than average, but he'll do it his way. People like him don't do second best (I've worked closely with/for a few in my time and they weren't anything like the scale of Ashley, they were "only" worth tens of millions, they were frighteningly driven/ruthless enough for me though, but I bet they were like kittens compared to this fucker) they'll do it their way and everyone be damned and they play a VERY long game.

Absolutely I accept I could be totally wrong, but as ever, only time will tell but he'd be going against every instinct in his make up to be happy with so-so or bare minimum in my opinion.

Who's interests does this ultimately benefit though his own interests or NUFC's success. His own brand has gained free advertising through the guise of 'showcasing'. Are their interests one and the same?

Here's to another 1000 pages of crap.

Feel free to contribute with something original and insightful!

:lol: Insightful contributions don't exist when it comes to this thread.

Well not with that attitude.  :huff:

Depends if you think every chairman of every teams priority is safety above progression in a cup of league place. That assertion made about safety as paramount requires a greater level of conjecture than the details made by our own clubs official correspondence with the fans. Which is well documented on here.

I absolutely do. Safety first. That's why there's so many sackings all the time. Given most Chairman these days are owners, they're the one's who'll get hit hard in the pocket so I bet they all want safety first. The Jack Walker philanthropic type ownership is all but long gone, except for those where the obscene amount of money needed to help guarantee high finishes is like pocket change.

So, you say outside the "top 5", no one really cares about anything other than survival. Please tell me which two of these teams has survival as their main aim: Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham.

Thank you.

I never said that's all they care about, I said I bet it's first priority and maybe I should have said 5/6 FFS, Oh and I reckon Kenwright's first concern is getting to 40 points btw.

Name changing the stadium, lack of investment until we're on the brink of relegation and openingly admitting we have no other priority than exist in the premier league qualifies as not doing things the right way imo. Many decisions have been made with total disregard for the support. I accept unpopular decisions have to made in the game and we can debate the semantics of 'shafting' (You damn right...) til the cows come home but I can't understand the non-chalance at the conduct of Ashley regardless of how the bloke in the thread title is doing.

The bit in bold is absolute bollocks by the way.

Is it? ???

They've said they don't want to be in the Europa League. They've said they don't prioritise the domestic cups. Pardew has played down Champions League aspirations so that whilst it's an alleged 'goal', it's not exactly a priority.

The bolded part is 100% correct. It's all Ashley's bothered about.

In the cold light of day, it's all any club (outside the top 4/5) have as their first priority, anything else is icing on the cake, secure that first, as absolutely paramount, then see what happens. Our lot happened to put it into words, but doesn't make it any less true for them all though.

Don't agree at all, tbh. I highly doubt Ashley's mindset is one that is reflected in every single Premier League boardroom. The top 4/5 remark is even more irrelevant now, given how open the league is this season.

So, at the start of the season do you think anyone but the top 4/5 were expecting it to be so open and didn't have getting to 40 points asap as their numero uno priority thus being safe ??

I suppose everyone prioritises Premier League survival in the same way that when humans are born, we intend to live until the next day and so on. I suppose it's numero uno priority in that sense. The absolute bare minimum.

But Ashley has no substantial interest in anything beyond that, and that's what disappoints me. And I don't think there are many others in the league that have that thoroughly 'anti-sport' attitude, regardless of what backgrounds they come from.

You have no proof of that. Equally neither do I have any proof of the contrary. But based upon his business track record he'll want one hell of a lot more than average, but he'll do it his way. People like him don't do second best (I've worked closely with/for a few in my time and they weren't anything like the scale of Ashley, they were "only" worth tens of millions, they were frighteningly driven/ruthless enough for me though, but I bet they were like kittens compared to this f***er) they'll do it their way and everyone be damned and they play a VERY long game.

Absolutely I accept I could be totally wrong, but as ever, only time will tell but he'd be going against every instinct in his make up to be happy with so-so or bare minimum in my opinion.

Who's interests does this ultimately benefit though his own interests or NUFC's success. His own brand has gained free advertising through the guise of 'showcasing'. Are their interests one and the same?

It will always be in his own interest, but he, as an extremely successful person, is tagged to us and I would reckon us failing/being shit would not be in his interest/make up.

Depends if you think every chairman of every teams priority is safety above progression in a cup of league place. That assertion made about safety as paramount requires a greater level of conjecture than the details made by our own clubs official correspondence with the fans. Which is well documented on here.

I absolutely do. Safety first. That's why there's so many sackings all the time. Given most Chairman these days are owners, they're the one's who'll get hit hard in the pocket so I bet they all want safety first. The Jack Walker philanthropic type ownership is all but long gone, except for those where the obscene amount of money needed to help guarantee high finishes is like pocket change.

So, you say outside the "top 5", no one really cares about anything other than survival. Please tell me which two of these teams has survival as their main aim: Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham.

Thank you.

I never said that's all they care about, I said I bet it's first priority and maybe I should have said 5/6 FFS, Oh and I reckon Kenwright's first concern is getting to 40 points btw.

It's a bloody daft thing to say, because you can't hope to challenge for CL/EL without getting to 40 points (cups excluded). Somewhat doubt Spurs would have spent £90m in the summer if their first concern was just staying in the league, and Everton could have got a lot cheaper manager and not spent as much as they did if they weren't concerned with challenging for top spots.

Thank you.

It's a bloody daft thing to say, because you can't hope to challenge for CL/EL without getting to 40 points (cups excluded). Somewhat doubt Spurs would have spent £90m in the summer if their first concern was just staying in the league, and Everton could have got a lot cheaper manager and not spent as much as they did if they weren't concerned with challenging for top spots.

Ok I was wrong, all the clubs just like the mega rich one's are thinking, as their number one priority for a season, "right how we going to win that title then", which is what you are saying isn't it.

Guest bimpy474

Funnily enough the disgraceful lack of ambition from the top seems quite prevalent amongst the fans these days. Every opponent is very difficult, we can't expect to dominate matches, we can't afford this player or those wages etc etc. Every other word is can't, won't, shouldn't. Where's the hope? Why can't we strive to be better? Isn't that the whole point of sport?

f*** Ashley and all of his horrible cronies past and present, including Pardew. This regime stinks.

I think we are tbh. Now that said, we're not doing it by throwing the owners cash at it (he just won't) but we are a big club and our means (even if only marginally exploited) are better than most but it will be a long process.

There isn't a magic bullet solution, Spurs just spent £90 Million and they're below us, now they may very well end up above us but they fucking should do given the spend.

As for the regime, couldn't care less who owns us or what they do/say, so long as we get better on the pitch and this season we are appearing to do just that.

The current league table would suggest our "average" manager, which he is along with most others, is doing OK (or above average) enjoy it while it lasts. It could be a step in the right direction (the first of many hopefully) or it could be another peak before a trough, there's no scientific formula for "success".

Personally I think the club is in the best shape it's been in, both on and off the pitch, for 10 years or so.

I also reckon with PL safety probably assured, no other distractions and a healthy looking squad situation we'll be having a full on tilt at the FA Cup, and reasonably kind draws could see us having a good run.

If only the owner would make some kind of positive statement.................

Please feel free to throw this back if we put out a reserve/junior side away to Bournemouth in round 3.

Personally i dont think we'll ever really be in good shape until Ashley has gone. As Pardew pointed out, Ashley doesn't always do what's best for the club when he has the hump. For all the moaning most of us do about Pardew, Ashley is the one we really need rid of. As a club the balance sheet might look good, the squad is ok, the manager for all his faults is doing better (imo).

But none of that matters if a fucking unfeeling utterly contemptuous vindictive cunt owns and runs the club.

Thank you.

Ok I was wrong, all the clubs just like the mega rich one's are thinking, as their number one priority for a season, "right how we going to win that title then", which is what you are saying isn't it.

Dear me, it's pretty clear that that's not at all what I was saying.

Guest bimpy474

Good to see Pards trying to get expectations under control after a few wins. I seen a lot of people on here demanding we should dominate teams for 90 minutes and smash them for 4 and 5 :lol: it's literally mental! Every game is a tough game in this league and most teams have more resources than us too. All we can do is hope that Pards keeps this run going.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Do you miss the basic point on purpose ?

It's not about dominating for 90 minutes, no one really ever does that. When winning by a goal or two, why do we on most occasion then suddenly go ultra defensive. I've said it's because the opposition come out fired up and Pardew is slow to react to it. We get pushed back, become very defensive and by the time Pardew does anything it's too late. Pretty straight forward and the squad is kind of used to that style now.

But you carry on with the old shit about dominating for 90 minutes, which by the way i've not seen anyone ask for. But by all means carry on.

Good to see Pards trying to get expectations under control after a few wins. I seen a lot of people on here demanding we should dominate teams for 90 minutes and smash them for 4 and 5 :lol: it's literally mental! Every game is a tough game in this league and most teams have more resources than us too. All we can do is hope that Pards keeps this run going.

It's not about dominating for 90 minutes, no one really ever does that. When winning by a goal or two, why do we on most occasion then suddenly go ultra defensive. I've said it's because the opposition come out fired up and Pardew is slow to react to it. We get pushed back, become very defensive and by the time Pardew does anything it's too late. Pretty straight forward and the squad is kind of used to that style now.

But you carry on with the old shit about dominating for 90 minutes, which by the way i've not seen anyone ask for. But by all means carry on.

Fairly sure spud was being sarcastic Bimps :)

Guest bimpy474

Then i shall kiss his ring in apology mode...:)

And remember to read a few pages back too :lol:

Thank you.

Dear me, it's pretty clear that that's not at all what I was saying.

It's as clear as what you tried to change my point to be

Then i shall kiss his ring in apology mode...:)

And remember to read a few pages back too :lol:

Has anyone told Spudil yet that his act is awful?

Spudil mate, your act is awful

Guest reefatoon

Found this interesting stat.

http://i.cubeupload.com/I4Ro4u.jpg

Last season called, it wants its post back!

:pow:

Well tell it to piss off, it's mine now.