Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

This thread always entices me to reply to some of the utter shit by the same people over and over again. With the same snooty guffaw when it's suggested that on our potential and ambition could or should surpass the reality.

The same audit on gut instinct in favour of stats.

New hyperbole being put in other people's mouths, painting a disfigured caricature of who we are, in order to give their own argument more credence.

The defence of Pardew when he tells us and everyone who all of us are.

The talk of points being subtly labeled as irrelevant and the subsequent policing of those points away from ongoing conversations about Pardew and onto...what? This type of crap, irrelevant post?

The same people (myself included), noticing it, bringing it up and making things worse.

I'm in danger of becoming part of the problem, but it would canny if in this new thread, we could all be allowed to talk about what we want with regards to Pardew without it being manipulated or labeled as irrelevant by the same people over and over again until it just becomes a graveyard of he said, she said bullshit like the last one.

I wonder what Dave Whelan honestly thinks. The fans obviously would take the cup win over relegation, but I bet if you offered Whelan 16th and being in the Premier League for it, he'd snap your hands off.

While 'top 4 or 5' as someone said is pushing it, I'd imagine every chairman/owner outside the top 7 last season would have the same thoughts.

I think I was the only one who said anything was irrelevant, and that was regarding the label of a top 4/5, which doesn't exist in the same way it did a few years ago - especially this season as it's so open.

Interesting comments from santon on total sport about how last year we were sitting back far to much, mainly out of confidence and this year it's happened a few times but they're getting better and have more belief to keep going forward.

Guest firetotheworks

I think I was the only one who said anything was irrelevant, and that was regarding the label of a top 4/5, which doesn't exist in the same way it did a few years ago - especially this season as it's so open.

More the old thread tbh. I didn't read your post. :thup:

Not having confidence to attack ffs. They get paid millions and they aren't confident in doing their job. I don't get it.

:facepalm:

Having more money doesn't mean you get a confidence boost ffs.

Especially when the opposition also get paid millions etc..

Not having confidence to attack ffs. They get paid millions and they aren't confident in doing their job. I don't get it.

Wouldn't the money they make only increase the pressure they are under and encourage them to play it safe since they have something to lose?

Wouldn't the money they make only increase the pressure they are under and encourage them to play it safe since they have something to lose?

Don't encourage him man.

The answer is probably somewhere in the middle.

The answer is probably somewhere in the middle.

The true answer to the arguments in this thread tbh.

:thup:

The answers are probably somewhere in the middle and all we can do is hope that Pards can keep this run going.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

people who like Pardew

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090305235953/goodhockey/images/2/23/Retard_at_a_keyboard.gif

people who dislike Pardew

http://s3.amazonaws.com/production.mediajoint.prx.org/public/piece_images/239956/chetbaker_medium_medium_small.jpg

people who like Pardew

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090305235953/goodhockey/images/2/23/Retard_at_a_keyboard.gif

people who dislike Pardew

tbh