Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Name changing the stadium, lack of investment until we're on the brink of relegation and openingly admitting we have no other priority than exist in the premier league qualifies as not doing things the right way imo. Many decisions have been made with total disregard for the support. I accept unpopular decisions have to made in the game and we can debate the semantics of 'shafting' (You damn right...) til the cows come home but I can't understand the non-chalance at the conduct of Ashley regardless of how the bloke in the thread title is doing.

Name changing the stadium, lack of investment until we're on the brink of relegation and openingly admitting we have no other priority than exist in the premier league qualifies as not doing things the right way imo. Many decisions have been made with total disregard for the support. I accept unpopular decisions have to made in the game and we can debate the semantics of 'shafting' (You damn right...) til the cows come home but I can't understand the non-chalance at the conduct of Ashley regardless of how the bloke in the thread title is doing.

The bit in bold is absolute bollocks by the way.

There's a post on the page before' date=' actually.[/quote']

No there's not. At least, not one that gives any evidence that Pardew got the job because he was supposedly mates with Llambias.

That's because it's extremely doubtful that's the case. What the post did do was remind or possibly clarify that Pardew knew well in advance of Hughton getting sacked that he was getting the job. It's there because i think that over time people have remembered it differently by bringing in the idea of a rumoured friendship playing a key role.

Is it? ???

They've said they don't want to be in the Europa League. They've said they don't prioritise the domestic cups. Pardew has played down Champions League aspirations so that whilst it's an alleged 'goal', it's not exactly a priority.

The bolded part is 100% correct. It's all Ashley's bothered about.

EDIT: Unless you're referring to the other top priorities, like brand exposure for Sports Direct, for example.

No-one is saying Ashley isn't a monstrous twat, but he's a successful one, if that success rubs off/is transmitted onto the field no-one will (or shouldn't) give a shit about all that though.

He's a monstrous piece of shit, get used to it, he's NOT going to change, the angst is a waste of effort/emotion.

Is it? ???

They've said they don't want to be in the Europa League. They've said they don't prioritise the domestic cups. Pardew has played down Champions League aspirations so that whilst it's an alleged 'goal', it's not exactly a priority.

In the cold light of day, it's all any club (outside the top 4/5) have as their first priority, anything else is icing on the cake, secure that first, as absolutely paramount, then see what happens. Our lot happened to put it into words, but doesn't make it any less true for them all though.

No there's not. At least, not one that gives any evidence that Pardew got the job because he was supposedly mates with Llambias.

That's because it's extremely doubtful that's the case. What the post did do was remind or possibly clarify that Pardew knew well in advance of Hughton getting sacked that he was getting the job. It's there because i think that over time people have remembered it differently by bringing in the idea of a rumoured friendship playing a key role.

Fair enough. Was just looking for some clarification from Mr Mojo to back up his own 'established' fact after having a go at Ian.

Your right, it seems dubious and probably needs clearing up. :thup:

No-one is saying Ashley isn't a monstrous twat, but he's a successful one, if that success rubs off/is transmitted onto the field no-one will (or shouldn't) give a shit about all that though.

He's a monstrous piece of shit, get used to it, he's NOT going to change, the angst is a waste of effort/emotion.

It's for exactly the last point you've made I won't accept that this run of results is down to him running the club as it should be. I'll give Pardew credit despite being one his staunchest critics but to accept what Ashley is on the basis on a 4 result upturn is defeatist and frankly daft. I do not trust the bloke to make the right decisions and he's given us frequent lisence to expect he'll do the same in future. Pardew's only here because he was daft enough to agree to provide an 8 year meal ticket imo.

Is it? ???

In the cold light of day, it's all any club (outside the top 4/5) have as their first priority, anything else is icing on the cake, secure that first, as absolutely paramount, then see what happens. Our lot happened to put it into words, but doesn't make it any less true for them all though.

Don't agree at all, tbh. I highly doubt Ashley's mindset is one that is reflected in every single Premier League boardroom. The top 4/5 remark is even more irrelevant now, given how open the league is this season.

I would disagree on the bold bit, unless of course some of the lowest ticket prices in the division is "shafting the fans" and to be honest ticket price is in reality the ONLY real shafting opportunity (apart from replica kit but they all play that game) all else is hot air. No fans I associate with (who also don't frequent message boards btw) feel shafted tbh. thoroughly perplexed at times, oh aye definitely.

You not spoke to anyone p*ssed off about the away ticket situation?  Being forced to pay for a membership or  to move from their seats? 

None of the above is "shafting" tbh

Not many of those I know go away (in fact only about 5% of match-going fans do) the seat move stuff has happened before, membership cost is more than covered by lower prices at home for those games, taking your seat away would be shafting, moving you isn't. You may not like it but you still get in.

So it literally has to be an example of Ashley anally raping a fan?

I didn't expect you to be silly tbh.

Shafting (in the non-sexual sense) = defrauding, he doesn't/hasn't done that (no more than football fans are ripped off anywhere else).

He's upset a few, granted, but they ain't been shafted.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1NmZHIIap6w/Uh88q__azzI/AAAAAAAADcs/sRk49z1l9q0/s1600/inconceivable.jpg

vulgar slang

(of a man) have sexual intercourse with (a woman).

informal

treat (someone) harshly or unfairly.

"I suppose she'll get a lawyer and I'll be shafted"

Is it? ???

Don't agree at all, tbh. I highly doubt Ashley's mindset is one that is reflected in every single Premier League boardroom. The top 4/5 remark is even more irrelevant now, given how open the league is this season.

So, at the start of the season do you think anyone but the top 4/5 were expecting it to be so open and didn't have getting to 40 points asap as their numero uno priority thus being safe ??

(Depending on cup winners influencing Europa League allocations in the table), finishing 8th would be like winning the league to Ashley. Ie, maintaining Premier League status, income and exposure whilst winning the highest prize money available without discrepancies like Europa League qualification. He would just as happily take 17th every season if offered to him, although it wouldn't have the bonus of extra prize money.

That's my opinion of Ashley's frame of mind and I see very little to think otherwise. Really, he's only sanctioned the signing of (budget) players when relegation is a real threat. The only other occasion was signing Cisse in January, when there was a tangible possibility of claiming the mega-bucks that come from finishing 4th. But that failed miserably, especially seeing as we ended up in the Godforsaken Europa League, so I doubt we'll see an ambitious signing like that again.

Depends if you think every chairman of every teams priority is safety above progression in a cup of league place. That assertion made about safety as paramount requires a greater level of conjecture than the details made by our own clubs official correspondence with the fans. Which is well documented on here.

I would disagree on the bold bit, unless of course some of the lowest ticket prices in the division is "shafting the fans" and to be honest ticket price is in reality the ONLY real shafting opportunity (apart from replica kit but they all play that game) all else is hot air. No fans I associate with (who also don't frequent message boards btw) feel shafted tbh. thoroughly perplexed at times, oh aye definitely.

You not spoke to anyone p*ssed off about the away ticket situation?  Being forced to pay for a membership or  to move from their seats? 

None of the above is "shafting" tbh

Not many of those I know go away (in fact only about 5% of match-going fans do) the seat move stuff has happened before, membership cost is more than covered by lower prices at home for those games, taking your seat away would be shafting, moving you isn't. You may not like it but you still get in.

So it literally has to be an example of Ashley anally raping a fan?

I didn't expect you to be silly tbh.

Shafting (in the non-sexual sense) = defrauding, he doesn't/hasn't done that (no more than football fans are ripped off anywhere else).

He's upset a few, granted, but they ain't been shafted.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1NmZHIIap6w/Uh88q__azzI/AAAAAAAADcs/sRk49z1l9q0/s1600/inconceivable.jpg

vulgar slang

(of a man) have sexual intercourse with (a woman).

informal

treat (someone) harshly or unfairly.

"I suppose she'll get a lawyer and I'll be shafted"

Pedantry games are boring, but urban dictionary would say:

Ripped off, cheated, treated most unfairly by people.

Anyway my interpretation of the phrase would be slanted towards the Ripped off/cheated part, which is the context in which I would personally use aforesaid "shafted".

If others would use it in relation to being slightly miffed, fine, I just don't happen to :p

Is it? ???

So, at the start of the season do you think anyone but the top 4/5 were expecting it to be so open and didn't have getting to 40 points asap as their numero uno priority thus being safe ??

I suppose everyone prioritises Premier League survival in the same way that when humans are born, we intend to live until the next day and so on. I suppose it's numero uno priority in that sense. The absolute bare minimum.

But Ashley has no substantial interest in anything beyond that, and that's what disappoints me. And I don't think there are many others in the league that have that thoroughly 'anti-sport' attitude, regardless of what backgrounds they come from.

Is it? ???

EDIT: Unless you're referring to the other top priorities, like brand exposure for Sports Direct, for example.

The bolded part is not 100% correct. Your sentence "They've said they don't prioritise the domestic cups." makes a mockery of it for a start. Just because a cup run isn't the main priority (staying in the league, and rightly so), it doesn't mean that they are not one of the clubs priorities.

Pardew has at most semi seriously joked that he was glad he wasn't in Europe. I'm sure he'd be delighted to be in Europe if he was backed with a big enough squad, and it certainly wont affect how the team plays on the last game of the season if a win means we get in there.

Ditto for the Champions League. Pardew has played down our chances of getting there (and also said he'd like to be in it with Cabaye which you seem to have forgotten), but to say the club wouldn't want to be in it needs some serious evidence from you. Frankly I think everyone from the accountant up, down, and sideways would be delighted to be part of it.

Depends if you think every chairman of every teams priority is safety above progression in a cup of league place. That assertion made about safety as paramount requires a greater level of conjecture than the details made by our own clubs official correspondence with the fans. Which is well documented on here.

I absolutely do. Safety first. That's why there's so many sackings all the time. Given most Chairman these days are owners, they're the one's who'll get hit hard in the pocket so I bet they all want safety first. The Jack Walker philanthropic type ownership is all but long gone, except for those where the obscene amount of money needed to help guarantee high finishes is like pocket change.

Is it? ???

The bolded part is not 100% correct. Your sentence "They've said they don't prioritise the domestic cups." makes a mockery of it for a start. Just because a cup run isn't the main priority (staying in the league, and rightly so), it doesn't mean that they are not one of the clubs priorities.

Pardew has at most semi seriously joked that he was glad he wasn't in Europe. I'm sure he'd be delighted to be in Europe if he was backed with a big enough squad, and it certainly wont affect how the team plays on the last game of the season if a win means we get in there.

Ditto for the Champions League. Pardew has played down our chances of getting there (and also said he'd like to be in it with Cabaye which you seem to have forgotten), but to say the club wouldn't want to be in it needs some serious evidence from you. Frankly I think everyone from the Accountant up, down, and sideways would be delighted to be part of it.

I'm not saying we wouldn't want to be in the Champions League. We obviously would be. But we definitely don't prioritise it or there'd be significantly more investment in the first team squad. It would just be a cracking bonus.

I genuinely believe that everyone, besides maybe the players, would NOT want to be in the Europa League. Including Pardew, not least because he probably knows he wouldn't get the backing to increase the size of the squad to accommodate another dozen games.

Fair enough. Was just looking for some clarification from Mr Mojo to back up his own 'established' fact after having a go at Ian.

Your right, it seems dubious and probably needs clearing up. :thup:

I've no idea what criteria was applied that resulted in Pardew being the chosen candidate. I doubt friendship was deciding factor. But then again, nor was a past track record of something noteworthy. By anyone's calculation.

He's extremely lucky to be here and knows it imo. One benefit of that is, i think, there is no lack of effort from Pardew. Whatever his dearth of talents are, lack of application isn't one of them.

Compared to Kinnear of whom i clearly remember Nicky Butt saying he was rarely on the training ground in between games, made a rousing speach before kick off and then f*cked off again. Tosser.

Is it? ???

I suppose everyone prioritises Premier League survival in the same way that when humans are born, we intend to live until the next day and so on. I suppose it's numero uno priority in that sense. The absolute bare minimum.

But Ashley has no substantial interest in anything beyond that, and that's what disappoints me. And I don't think there are many others in the league that have that thoroughly 'anti-sport' attitude, regardless of what backgrounds they come from.

You have no proof of that. Equally neither do I have any proof of the contrary. But based upon his business track record he'll want one hell of a lot more than average, but he'll do it his way. People like him don't do second best (I've worked closely with/for a few in my time and they weren't anything like the scale of Ashley, they were "only" worth tens of millions, they were frighteningly driven/ruthless enough for me though, but I bet they were like kittens compared to this fucker) they'll do it their way and everyone be damned and they play a VERY long game.

Absolutely I accept I could be totally wrong, but as ever, only time will tell but he'd be going against every instinct in his make up to be happy with so-so or bare minimum in my opinion.

Is it? ???

You have no proof of that. Equally neither do I have any proof of the contrary. But based upon his business track record he'll want one hell of a lot more than average, but he'll do it his way. People like him don't do second best (I've worked closely with/for a few in my time and they weren't anything like the scale of Ashley, they were "only" worth tens of millions, they were frighteningly driven/ruthless enough for me though, but I bet they were like kittens compared to this f***er) they'll do it their way and everyone be damned and they play a VERY long game.

Absolutely I accept I could be totally wrong, but as ever, only time will tell but he'd be going against every instinct in his make up to be happy with so-so or bare minimum in my opinion.

I'm disappointed to say that there has been absolutely nothing during his ownership to suggest you're remotely right. Best stick to the actual evidence then.

Obviously, there'd be no solid, conclusive proof until the guy actually came out and said: "I only care about being in the Premier League and everything else is expendable." But I think there's enough evidence to surmise that he has no footballing ambition whatsoever. Keeping Pardew on after last season being the first example off the top of my head. I appreciate that, with that particular example, his general footballing cluelessness could be blurred with the whole 'lack of ambition' thing.

all this we need easy wins, comfortable wins , we should be winning by more is total bollox.

Man utd under fergie have gone through season after season where they would grind out results at home without dominating sides,

Ive watched many of these games. They just kept plugging away and kept on winning, games and titles. I doubt Fergie (or let any of his players) go into any games expecting to win them. 

Yet us who have never won a pot to p*ss in are making hard work of a 4 game winning run and 6th in the league.

Basically.

:facepalm:

I absolutely do. Safety first. That's why there's so many sackings all the time. Given most Chairman these days are owners, they're the one's who'll get hit hard in the pocket so I bet they all want safety first. The Jack Walker philanthropic type ownership is all but long gone, except for those where the obscene amount of money needed to help guarantee high finishes is like pocket change.

So, you say outside the "top 5", no one really cares about anything other than survival. Please tell me which two of these teams has survival as their main aim: Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham.

Thank you.

Guest reefatoon

This place just doesn't feel right without a Happy face graph. I'm having complete statdrawl symptoms.  Come on lad, it's page 4 for f*** sake!