WBA 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 01/01/14 - post-match reaction from page 34

BlueStar

Guest bimpy474

He's very attached to the idea of 2 banks of 4. If you haven't got the players to do it, it can be quite frustrating to watch.

I thought our mindset today was completely wrong, it was about not taking chances and be careful. Against a rank bad team who've won 1 in 13, and not won for 9 games.

It really was just a cowards approach, i dont him because i think there's a half decent manager (not person as i think he's an utter cunt) somewhere. He's just too scared to attack for it to happen

On the contrary, I think he's not a bad person as such, just a clueless gobshite of a manager.

I'm going by the 'lets win for Mike' stuff, finished with him as a person after that crap.

I still can't get over the fact that Shola f***ing Ameobi started for us today. It's absolutely mind blowing.

I'm not shocked at all by it anymore. Par for the course really.

We desperately need another striker. It's blatantly obvious.

Yup, just give him a proper target man and be done with it already.

You could give him the best players in the world and he'd still f*** it up.

He's a gutless coward of a manager who's from a bygone era.

Would you prefer Shola to be in the lineup? :lol:

I clearly didn't say or even allude to that.

Shola is a poor excuse for a football who should have been released long before he was offered professional terms.

My point is simple, you can give Pardew a target man and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference his mentality is negative and he has no idea how to instill confidence in our team.

According to the radio Colo is out for 4-6 weeks with ligament damage. Happy f***ing New Year.

Hope Yanga-Mbiwa can fill the void. Colo has been an underestimated part of our recent run.

he has and I was a regular in wanting him dropped not so loing ago but he's been very good recently.

According to the radio Colo is out for 4-6 weeks with ligament damage. Happy f***ing New Year.

Hope Yanga-Mbiwa can fill the void. Colo has been an underestimated part of our recent run.

he has and I was a regular in wanting him dropped not so loing ago but he's been very good recently.

He'll play right back whilst Debuchy is out I reckon. Which gives Taylor a chance to put his case forward. Ahem.

He'll play right back whilst Debuchy is out I reckon. Which gives Taylor a chance to put his case forward. Ahem.

Taylor and Wilo will not be a good combo. Switch Santon to right back and play haidara instead.

I think he'll switch santon over and bring haidara in. mapou will come in for colo.

Very silly from Debuchy but the manager has to take full responsibility for a cowardly first 70 minutes. No matter how we're doing, he will always eventually revert to type, which is fear.

Yep. he always reverts to type and shows what a limited manager he will always be when  it comes down to it.

8th should be our league position, if he fails to deliver that then he has to go. but of course he won't.

As for the ludicrous optimism of the likes of this :

"Also City is by no means a full gone conclusion, they are still poor away from home and usually more often than not games at SJP are close..... you would think after all the big game performances this season people would be a bit more confident."

You better get ready for a big disappointing start to 2014 mate...I f we dont ship at least 3 to City I will be amazed!...and you know how Pardppop is gonna line us up for that one....

Guest bimpy474

We do seem desperate to get Haidara in, never seen a full back subbed on so often.

Got to be Haidara, MYM, Willo and Debuchy surely.

Cant be Debuchy for the next 3 Caj.

I know what Mick means, Shola is playing his role pretty well but he still looks out of his depth IMO. Not that it matters as long as the system is functioning.

Didn't think he did look out of his depth yesterday. Thought he was excellent. Some of his hold up play and flick ons were first class. Couple of games back i wanted Shola out of the team, he's convinced me he has a place in this side now. Said before WB he deserved to start and he's put in another performance worthy of high praise.

People can laugh or say he should never start for us but at the end of the day, he's doing a good job. The team is functioning well with him in the side and shouldn't be changed.

Does this give us good enough grounds to ban Brett?

I know what Mick means, Shola is playing his role pretty well but he still looks out of his depth IMO. Not that it matters as long as the system is functioning.

Didn't think he did look out of his depth yesterday. Thought he was excellent. Some of his hold up play and flick ons were first class. Couple of games back i wanted Shola out of the team, he's convinced me he has a place in this side now. Said before WB he deserved to start and he's put in another performance worthy of high praise.

People can laugh or say he should never start for us but at the end of the day, he's doing a good job. The team is functioning well with him in the side and shouldn't be changed.

you know how we all hate it when players wave imaginary cards, you are doing the forum version of it.

you know how we all hate it when players wave imaginary cards, you are doing the forum version of it.

Gross stupidity is a crime.

Guest bimpy474

That's true that :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Shola could play brilliantly (hear me out) and i would still want him dropped for the next game, you just know he'll be shit soon enough.

Guest bimpy474

I guess the least said about today the better then? (Didn't watch the game you see).

Worst this season, if you discount Man City which we forfeited.

Guest bimpy474

I guess the least said about today the better then? (Didn't watch the game you see).

Worst this season, if you discount Man City which we forfeited.

swansea ?

I thought we were worse today, we at least tried 2nd half to attack in the Swansea game, close call mind.