Newcastle Utd 1 - 2 Cardiff City - 04/01/14 - Post-match reaction from page 21

BlueStar

I know now that if we manage a home draw in either competition, next season - I won't bother going. Where's the point?

That's how I feel today but know i'll cave in and buy a ticket anyway.

They say no money in cups but there is around £500k lost today in tickets and more in other matchday revenue, surely the c***s should see that and with a bit of effort they would get bigger crowds

Despite Pardew's blarney and what people are assuming here, Ashley won't be happy at going out of the FA cup. It's not the same as Europe, it brings in money without that much expenditure if you get a decent run going.

He shouldn't be happy as like you say there's still revenue to be made from it, especially when their charging £3.90 for a bottle of Corona in the platinum club.

Yip and he won't be making that when loads of kids turn up to match, he want's the adults that will drink and buy their kids food and drinks.

As I reluctantly do, £3.70 for a bloody hot dog!

I know now that if we manage a home draw in either competition, next season - I won't bother going. Where's the point?

They say no money in cups but there is around £500k lost today in tickets and more in other matchday revenue, surely the cunts should see that and with a bit of effort they would get bigger crowds

Despite Pardew's blarney and what people are assuming here, Ashley won't be happy at going out of the FA cup. It's not the same as Europe, it brings in money without that much expenditure if you get a decent run going.

What, even if drawn away every time?

We'd get drawn against a big team away from home so we'd get a share of that pot so why not? If it's a small team well, we really should win anyway. From Ashley's perspective, why would he want us to go out early?

They say no money in cups but there is around £500k lost today in tickets and more in other matchday revenue, surely the cunts should see that and with a bit of effort they would get bigger crowds

We'd get drawn against a big team away from home so we'd get a share of that pot so why not? If it's a small team well, we really should win anyway. From Ashley's perspective, why would he want us to go out early?

Saves on appearance/win bonuses, and stadium running costs etc. Means we can get away with the absolute bare minimum of squad investment as usual. A multitude of money-saving reasons.

Guest bimpy474

I would say the extra expense of sending the team, plane, coach etc, outweighs the prize/gate monies that come in. Just a guess like.

They say no money in cups but there is around £500k lost today in tickets and more in other matchday revenue, surely the c***s should see that and with a bit of effort they would get bigger crowds

He shouldn't be happy as like you say there's still revenue to be made from it, especially when their charging £3.90 for a bottle of Corona in the platinum club.

Yip and he won't be making that when loads of kids turn up to match, he want's the adults that will drink and buy their kids food and drinks.

Also programmes of course, I bet there are around £20-25000 of normal match day crowd that spend around £10+ each on a matchday either in club bars, merchandise,  food and drink in the ground etc. He loses revenue by being such a cunt

Also programmes of course, I bet there are around £20-25000 of normal match day crowd that spend around £10+ each on a matchday either in club bars, merchandise,  food and drink in the ground etc. He loses revenue by being such a cunt

The programmes were free in the Platinum Club like, they had hundreds of them and it's the first time I've got one for years as I won't fork out £3.00 for 1.

It's easy to spend £10+ each matchday in the ground like more so when you take kids. The bars and cafes are always busy and doing brisk business and the prices are extortionate despite the deals for buying stuff early or in multiples of 3 etc.

Another option of course if they really hate the cups, just don't enter the fuckers in the first place, I guess you can opt out?

Then you can probably trim your squad a bit more as you don't use half the fuckers in other games. In fact fuck it lets just keep around 25 players and release all youth levels, reserves, first team extras etc.

Job done and lean as fuck

Another option of course if they really hate the cups, just don't enter the f***ers in the first place, I guess you can opt out?

Then you can probably trim your squad a bit more as you don't use half the f***ers in other games. In fact f*** it lets just keep around 25 players and release all youth levels, reserves, first team extras etc.

Job done and lean as f***

Pardew only uses around 13-15 players a season, that should do

Another option of course if they really hate the cups, just don't enter the f***ers in the first place, I guess you can opt out?

Then you can probably trim your squad a bit more as you don't use half the f***ers in other games. In fact f*** it lets just keep around 25 players and release all youth levels, reserves, first team extras etc.

Job done and lean as f***

Pardew only uses around 13-15 players a season, that should do

You mental, what about injuries we need at least 17 :lol: - no point keeping anything behind first team as lets be honest they get fuck all look in

Another option of course if they really hate the cups, just don't enter the fuckers in the first place, I guess you can opt out?

Then you can probably trim your squad a bit more as you don't use half the fuckers in other games. In fact fuck it lets just keep around 25 players and release all youth levels, reserves, first team extras etc.

Job done and lean as fuck

Remember the outcry when Man United binned the FA cup in favour of playing in the World Club Championships? I can't imagine their being a similar fuss of PL clubs decide it's not worth their while to play in it, in the coming years.

Also - if it's about squad rotation, then how come young Sammy or Dummett not get a game today? It's pish man.

Saves on appearance/win bonuses, and stadium running costs etc. Means we can get away with the absolute bare minimum of squad investment as usual. A multitude of money-saving reasons.

But we've got players worth millions can't get into the first team week to week, like Cisse, Ben Arfa, Taylor...even Obertan cost £3m. Do you think Ashley will accept that we haven't got a squad that can cope with 3 or 4 extra cup games? Stuff like appearance or win bonuses would be covered by tv/sponsor revenue and gate money I would have thought.

But we've got players worth millions can't get into the first team week to week, like Cisse, Ben Arfa, Taylor...even Obertan cost £3m. Do you think Ashley will accept that we haven't got a squad that can cope with 3 or 4 extra cup games? Stuff like appearance or win bonuses would be covered by tv/sponsor revenue and gate money I would have thought.

I started looking at the previous accounts again but can't be arsed getting into it, other than to say that I think you're overestimating how much we actually make from this (ignoring Premier League TV money of course).

Guest bimpy474

A combination of Ashley not seeing it as worth it and a manager who cant handle extra games, well the two mixed together means fuck the fans tbh.

com sticking the boot in

FA Cup:

Sweet FA once again

Newcastle 1 Cardiff City 2

Stevenage, Brighton, Brighton and now Cardiff....it's now four embarrassing FA Cup exits in as many seasons for Alan Pardew, who has presided over just one victory in that competition as Newcastle Manager.

Saturday his side toss away a lead given to them by Papiss Cisse, conceding twice to City substitutes and handing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer a winning start to life working for madman Vincent Tan.

With Mathieu Debuchy suspended, Fabricio Coloccini, Yohan Cabaye and Tim Krul all officially injured, Pardew was forced into four changes from the starting eleven beaten at West Brom on New Years Day - also opting to bench Loic Remy, Shola Ameobi and Mike Williamson.

A scoreless first half saw visiting captain Mark Hudson beat Rob Elliot in the home goal after nine minutes, only for his header to be ruled out for an infringement.

Aside from a weak effort by Vurnon Anita, it took United 25 minutes to fashion a decent chance, Yoan Gouffran leading a counter-attack that ended with Hatem Ben Arfa rattling the Leazes End goal frame from distance.

The same player then tested the woodwork at the opposite end of the ground barely five minutes after the restart, before Moussa Sissoko sprang City's offside trap just after the hour mark and bore down on goal.

With two defenders pursuing him, Sissoko's shot was blocked by City custodian David Marshall - only for Cisse to follow up and register a first goal from open play since the League Cup win against Leeds United in September.

The goal was also notable for being almost the only time in the whole game that the number nine stayed onside.

A smoke bomb was discharged from the Strawberry Corner and a white cloud drifted across the field, but that failed to obscure the horror of what was to follow.

Before play restarted, Pardew replaced Gouffran with Gabriel Obertan - who had reportedly walked out of the ground before kickoff in the Arsenal home game when informed that he wasn't in the matchday party.

Booed on his entrance, Obertan contributed little to the cause and in effect left his side a man down for the second game. Again there were to be consequences.

City meanwhile had shuffled their pack, former mackem Frazier Campbell replacing Andreas Cornelius and giving notice of his side's attacking intentions when shooting against A post with 20 minutes remaining.

It was the introduction of ex-Brighton player Craig Noone (injured when Albion knocked Newcastle out two seasons ago) that had an immediate effect though, the midfielder slamming the ball past Elliot with a minute of arriving.

Unappealing as the prospect of a midweek replay in Wales was, further pain was soon to be inflicted by the visitors, Campbell left alone to head Peter Whittingham's corner in at the back post, Elliot again less than impressive.

With six minutes to play and both Loic Remy and Shola Ameobi stripped for action on the touchline, Obertan popped up on the United right and slung a low centre across the Cardiff box, only for Cisse to miss his kick.

That proved to be the best his side could manage despite fine minutes of added time, the moronic Steven Taylor reprising his goalkeeper shadowing antics ahead of a United free kick to willfully run the clock down, before becoming embroiled in some verbals with Campbell.

And so yet another opportunity to at least flirt with some overdue success is missed, this club seemingly intent on removing the slightest hint of ambition from its fans.

The substitutions aside though, it's hard not to concur with the manager's view that the lineup he chose should have been good enough to complete the task at hand. Not for the first time though, they manifestly failed to demonstrate the required levels of commitment.

While last season's loss to Brighton was played out with an obviously weakened team, the first defeat there, the loss at Stevenage and today's exit were all achieved by sides packed with supposed internationals.

In the end we found out nothing that we didn't know before, that beyond the first XI here lies very little. The manager's waffle doesn't endear him to many, but his squad have once again left him firmly in the clarts, with what looks odds-on like a fourth successive defeat in prospect when Manchester City come here next week.

Pardew is responsible for organising and motivating those supposed internationals though. Investment in the squad has very rarely been good enough under Ashley, but it's easily good enough to outclass that kind of opposition and yet time after time it cannot.

It's been hammered into our players that these games don't matter. The first 10 minutes of todays game was actually a disgrace - 2 teams who weren't sure whether or not to try. There was barely a tackle or a shot in it.

Heard a rumour pre season that Pardew had been told to forget about the cups by Ashley - he didn't care about them and whether he remained in his position would depend entirely on the league. Saw nothing at the match today to contradict that.

Pardew is responsible for organising and motivating those supposed internationals though. Investment in the squad has very rarely been good enough under Ashley, but it's easily good enough to outclass that kind of opposition and yet time after time it cannot.

Totally right, Pardew just can't motivate the players and we see that in the league this season with the results we get when we play the better teams and show some bottle.

Was Obertan actually booed on? I don't normally agree with booing our own players but I fucking hate him and he shouldn't be near our team.

He was unfortunately, right after we scored too which made it even worse tbh. Bang out of order, as poor as he undoubtedly is, booing the bloke achieves precisely fuck all and makes us look like fucking arseholes imo.

Was Obertan actually booed on? I don't normally agree with booing our own players but I fucking hate him and he shouldn't be near our team.

He was unfortunately, right after we scored too which made it even worse tbh. Bang out of order, as poor as he undoubtedly is, booing the bloke achieves precisely fuck all and makes us look like fucking arseholes imo.

Probably more for what he alledgedly did last weekend. Bloke shouldn't be anywhere near the first team.

:thup: