Newcastle United vs Manchester City - Sun 12th Jan @ 2.05pm (Sky Sports 1)

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

'Man City's wide players don't defend enough' - Pardew

:facepalm: :anguish:

He is saying that we can use that to attack them on the wings. And that we should try to keep possession and attack them. That seems very positive and correct to me.

Shame he isn't playing our only winger capable of doing that then.

Taylor is nowhere near as bad as being made out. He got sent off for being thick as f*** the last time we played these lot but he's had a lot of very solid games at the club.

Ultimately I'd feel a lot safer playing a CB pairing that have had a lot of pitch time together and keep the left back we've had for 2 seasons in his prefered position rather than mix it around and throw Haidara into the firing line. It's not an ideal back 4 choice but nothing we put out tonight was going to be.

No one gets it do they.... its not about Taylor being good or bad.

Its about Taylor and Williamson together being an absolute horror show, moving Mbiwa to LB where he was destroyed against City and ignoring an actual LB on the bench who i seem to recall was very good against City in the extra time defeat earlier this season no?

But most of all its about ignoring by the far best CB partnership we have to fit Taylor in.

Haidara played 45 minutes against City in the cup, then Dummett for 20 minutes, then Anita.

Taylor is nowhere near as bad as being made out. He got sent off for being thick as f*** the last time we played these lot but he's had a lot of very solid games at the club.

Ultimately I'd feel a lot safer playing a CB pairing that have had a lot of pitch time together and keep the left back we've had for 2 seasons in his prefered position rather than mix it around and throw Haidara into the firing line. It's not an ideal back 4 choice but nothing we put out tonight was going to be.

No one gets it do they.... its not about Taylor being good or bad.

Fuck off being a condescending cock end :lol:

Its about Taylor and Williamson together being an absolute horror show, moving Mbiwa to LB where he was destroyed against City and ignoring an actual LB on the bench who i seem to recall was very good against City in the extra time defeat earlier this season no?

Mbiwa has played well numerous times in a fullback position, probably more so than Haidara tbf

But most of all its about ignoring by the far best CB partnership we have to fit Taylor in.

How many times has this "by far the best CB partnership" actually played?

We aren't trying to "fit Taylor in", he's have been fit in a long time ago if that was the case. We're seemingly just going to go with the most experience on the pitch and going with a CB partnership that know each other well. You'd think Taylor wasn't part of the best defensive line we've had since we returned to the Premiership the way some people critisise the lad.

He'll never get it like. Those quote pretty much sum him up.

He wants to have a positive outlook on the game, he doesn't want us to sit back and he wants us to pressure their flanks which he believes is a weakness because their wingers don't like defending .

What a cunt eh? :lol:

Yes I'm sure we'll press high and force City to defend. Can't wait to see if the team on the pitch actually sets up to do what Pardew claims they will.

He is saying that we can use that to attack them on the wings. And that we should try to keep possession and attack them. That seems very positive and correct to me.

Sissoko, gouffran and santon can attack as well!? Anita and cabaye can attack and keep possession!?

Guest Haris Vuckic

Pardew seems spot on tbh. He is not a Mourinho, but he is intelligent and honest.

It just shows you that some people on here will pull his quotes out of context and jump on them with smileys and faux rage no matter what he says.

He didn't put a foot wrong there.

Attacking on the wings for us usually amounts to little more than a hurried ball into the box as soon as we enter the final third. Not my idea of positive.

Sissoko, gouffran and santon can attack as well!? Anita and cabaye can attack and keep possession!?

You're wrong.

He wants to have a positive outlook on the game, he doesn't want us to sit back and he wants us to pressure their flanks which he believes is a weakness because their wingers don't like defending .

Yes I'm sure we'll press high and force City to defend. Can't wait to see if the team on the pitch actually sets up to do what Pardew claims they will.

Why not? we did against Man utd.

You're wrong.

ok, sorry about that then.

He's even going on about their wide men defending  :lol:

Referred to Vurnon as being 4 foot 1 also.

Obsessed with defending and size.

Which is why Cabella would be wasted here.

If Cabella is consistently able to make things happen with the ball at his feet he'd walk into our side.

Are you like this with all aging grey haired men or is it just Pardew?

As I said yesterday we're actually not that bad at home against the better teams. Hope we have a go at them.

Man City have never really fell into that trap with us though. They seem to win us by atleast 2 goals every time we play, it's fucking grim. Everything comes to an end though so hopefully it's today. Sunderland have done it ffs.