Newcastle United vs Manchester City - Sun 12th Jan @ 2.05pm (Sky Sports 1)

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They've got the worst CB on the pitch, hope Remy can use that.

No way on this earth is Taylor better than Demechelis.

Demechelis has looked a clown every time I've seen him play. Maybe I've just caught his bad performances, but he seems to be genuinely awful.

You need to watch him more then..... not saying he's world class or anything but compared to Taylor he's f*cking Mertesacker.

Oh well better be prepared for a bumming, got no chance with Taylor and Willo together.

I don't think Taylor's brilliant but Haidara is more of a liability defensively. Good going forward though.

Taylor is the definition of a liability

Just like Williamson was. I don't think he's as bad as is being made out. He's not good though

I don't think Taylor's brilliant but Haidara is more of a liability defensively. Good going forward though.

Apart from Liverpool where everyone was crap tell me a game when Haidara was a liability?

Haidara has performed well in every other appearance but no lets remember one game when the entire team was god awful :lol:

Taylor on the other hand consistently costs the team, he should be joining Jonas out the door not starting ffs.

Taylor is nowhere near as bad as being made out. He got sent off for being thick as fuck the last time we played these lot but he's had a lot of very solid games at the club.

Ultimately I'd feel a lot safer playing a CB pairing that have had a lot of pitch time together and keep the left back we've had for 2 seasons in his prefered position rather than mix it around and throw Haidara into the firing line. It's not an ideal back 4 choice but nothing we put out tonight was going to be.

Haidara looks a very good prospect and has been sound defensively apart from the Liverpool game. Playing Taylor today could very well cost us, him and Williamson as a partnership is recipe for disaster, whereas Willo and Mapou have played well together.

Taylor is nowhere near as bad as being made out. He got sent off for being thick as f*** the last time we played these lot but he's had a lot of very solid games at the club.

Ultimately I'd feel a lot safer playing a CB pairing that have had a lot of pitch time together and keep the left back we've had for 2 seasons in his prefered position rather than mix it around and throw Haidara into the firing line. It's not an ideal back 4 choice but nothing we put out tonight was going to be.

No one gets it do they.... its not about Taylor being good or bad.

Its about Taylor and Williamson together being an absolute horror show, moving Mbiwa to LB where he was destroyed against City and ignoring an actual LB on the bench who i seem to recall was very good against City in the extra time defeat earlier this season no?

But most of all its about ignoring by the far best CB partnership we have to fit Taylor in.

Guest Haris Vuckic

He'll never get it like. Those quote pretty much sum him up.

He wants to have a positive outlook on the game, he doesn't want us to sit back and he wants us to pressure their flanks which he believes is a weakness because their wingers don't like defending .

What a cunt eh? :lol:

Apart from Liverpool where everyone was crap tell me a game when Haidara was a liability?

Haidara has performed well in every other appearance but no lets remember one game when the entire team was god awful :lol:

Taylor on the other hand consistently costs the team, he should be joining Jonas out the door not starting ffs.

He was pretty shit last week defensively once Cardiff actually started to attack. Mind you, he had Obertan in front of him. Perhaps liability is harsh, he has hardly played for us in truth. That probably factors into the selection though, too many drubbings for a young lad can't go down well.

Taylor's made just as many mistakes as Willo & Mbiwa over a similar number of games. He's just whatever the opposite of flavour of the month is at the moment. He's easy to hate though, because he is a bit of a prick.

'Man City's wide players don't defend enough' - Pardew

:facepalm: :anguish:

:lol: he f***ing didn't, did he?

Tbf to him it reads worse out of context. He was discussing what you could call a weakness for them & stating that he'd look to counter it by getting a fullback to attack.

'Man City's wide players don't defend enough' - Pardew

:facepalm: :anguish:

He is saying that we can use that to attack them on the wings. And that we should try to keep possession and attack them. That seems very positive and correct to me.