Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously thinking about getting a season ticket for myself and the bairn.. What is wrong with me!?!  :'(

Ditto. £460 for the two, according to my mate who has tickets for him and his laddie, up in Milburn Level 7.

So who else reckons there's every chance Rafa could get things back to a point where there's massive 3 year long waiting lists for season tickets?

Not me, the North Sea is engulfing people at an abnormal rate.

Seriously thinking about getting a season ticket for myself and the bairn.. What is wrong with me!?!  :'(

Ditto. £460 for the two, according to my mate who has tickets for him and his laddie, up in Milburn Level 7.

He's being robbed, I pay £417 but am in the 13 year price freeze.

So who else reckons there's every chance Rafa could get things back to a point where there's massive 3 year long waiting lists for season tickets?

That would be a good while away I reckon but we might quite quickly get to the point where you can't just turn up on match day and get a ticket any more.

That would be a good while away I reckon but we might quite quickly get to the point where you can't just turn up on match day and get a ticket any more.

There hasn't been a waiting list since the expansion to 52000 has there?

Some mackems reckon we get 55,000 every week and the waiting list is 100,000 plus.

But there again they are mackems.

Some mackems reckon we get 55,000 every week and the waiting list is 100,000 plus.

It's a running joke.

If something happened once it means it continues to be the case forever more. So despite having 0 fans pre-1992 when Sky invented football (despite that we weren't in the PL, but what does a little fact like that matter) we had a waiting list of 4.5bn screaming jawdees post then.

He's being robbed, I pay £417 but am in the 13 year price freeze.

It's actually only £384 next season as the kids tickets have been reduced.

£27.25 a month direct debit for me and £4.75 a month direct debit for the bairn.

Hilarious when they say that. They just havn't worked out that the stadium expansion of 16,000 more seats wiped out the waiting list we used to have.

It'll be good to see the turn coats returning.

Can't think what's changed mind!

I'm pretty sure you said that you packed it in a while back and you had been loyal season ticket holder since you were a bairn. I think you made a big point once saying how you have got an android box that means you never have to go to the match again.

I'm pretty sure you said that you packed it in a while back and you had been loyal season ticket holder since you were a bairn. I think you made a big point once saying how you have got an android box that means you never have to go to the match again.

The difference between "have to go" and "want to go" perhaps?

Worst of it for me is I (gullibly) believed for years and years that there was a massive waiting list so therefore there was no point even trying to get a season ticket.

I've never owned or plan to own an android box.

"What we will be coming out with in the coming days is some pricing for season tickets and corporate hospitality packages for next season.

"What we’ve tried to do with those prices is reward our most loyal supporters and what we want is a full, loud and vibrant St James’s Park.

Sounds to me that they'll be giving a discount to long-standing ST holders and will possibly be reducing the prices for next year (on the basis that they want as many through the door as possible).

"What we will be coming out with in the coming days is some pricing for season tickets and corporate hospitality packages for next season.

"What we’ve tried to do with those prices is reward our most loyal supporters and what we want is a full, loud and vibrant St James’s Park.

Sounds to me that they'll be giving a discount to long-standing ST holders and will possibly be reducing the prices for next year (on the basis that they want as many through the door as possible).

My dad has been a season ticket holder for over 25 consecutive seasons and he's already paid up for next season and didn't receive any further discount unless they're going to offer him a rebate.

I'm going to consider getting one but it'll depend on the prices. It was nearly £600 for a standard 1 year season ticket in the Gallowgate last season. No way would I be prepared to pay that to watch Championship football. I'd just pick and choose my games instead.