Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

We only have to look back 3/4 months to see how bad it has to get for a decent number of fans to do something in an attempt to combat Ashley. Even then most were happy to remain silent and dismiss any kind of protest as being 'against the team'. The fact that we now have a semi-competent manager and a decent coaching staff will ensure that performance wise things wont be as bad as they were last season and subsequently the likelihood of any kind of meaningful movement against Ashley is likely to fall on deaf ears. The movement against Ashley came on the back of the worst run of results in decades and it's hard to see us being so awful/clueless again.

We'll finish somewhere between 10-14th and be told that we should be grateful for the likes of McClaren, Ashley and hard workers like Colback. Rinse and repeat the season after and all subsequent seasons whilst Ashley is still here.

I have my season ticket, as for me it makes me "have a voice". Without those who are willing to make a stand inside the ground the notion that everything is okay will be rife, despite the deadly silence from those going to "support" their team. It goes back to the superfan debate I know, but for me why go to the game when you probably get a better view on TV and there's no atmosphere to enjoy anyways, and all you're going to do is sit in silence?

I go and I sing for my team, I go and I sing out against Ashley occasionally. I get plaudits and I get abuse from those around me but ultimately I speak up and speak out. Like it or loathe it, I have the bollocks to stand by what I believe in.

Ultimately, Ashley does need f***ing off and unfortunately I am contributing to his NUFC existence. However, I am also contributing to his downfall. My season ticket is the only MA owned thing I buy, and I sure as hell try not to give him an easy ride. This is my NUFC and when my non-attendance at a home game is through choice, that's when a little part of me dies.

Even the Monchengladbach game I felt as though I'd cheated myself by not going...

I have my season ticket, as for me it makes me "have a voice". Without those who are willing to make a stand inside the ground the notion that everything is okay will be rife, despite the deadly silence from those going to "support" their team. It goes back to the superfan debate I know, but for me why go to the game when you probably get a better view on TV and there's no atmosphere to enjoy anyways, and all you're going to do is sit in silence?

I go and I sing for my team, I go and I sing out against Ashley occasionally. I get plaudits and I get abuse from those around me but ultimately I speak up and speak out. Like it or loathe it, I have the bollocks to stand by what I believe in.

Ultimately, Ashley does need f***ing off and unfortunately I am contributing to his NUFC existence. However, I am also contributing to his downfall. My season ticket is the only MA owned thing I buy, and I sure as hell try not to give him an easy ride. This is my NUFC and when my non-attendance at a home game is through choice, that's when a little part of me dies.

Even the Monchengladbach game I felt as though I'd cheated myself by not going...

:thup:

• 5 weeks later...

It is my sons birthday on 23 September and he has bugged me to take him to a match all season so I have decided to take him to the Sheff Wed cup game that happens to be on 23 Sept...  So waited until today to call up the box office for the tickets as the NUFC.com and co.uk both stated that tickets available for public sale from 5th Sept.

The guy I spoke to told me that I couldn't buy a ticket until Wednesday as it was still season ticket holders only right now, members from tomorrow and public from Wednesday.  Said that the websites had got their info wrong.  So, I went online and ordered them instead, no suggestion that as a member of the public that I was ordering them too early, I went into the stadium plan and picked the seats I wanted, in fact I picked the same seat that I had as a season ticket 2 seasons ago - hope some of the old crowd who used to go then are going to that game!

Is this sort of poor service from the box office normal these days?

It is my sons birthday on 23 September and he has bugged me to take him to a match all season so I have decided to take him to the Sheff Wed cup game that happens to be on 23 Sept...  So waited until today to call up the box office for the tickets as the NUFC.com and co.uk both stated that tickets available for public sale from 5th Sept.

The guy I spoke to told me that I couldn't buy a ticket until Wednesday as it was still season ticket holders only right now, members from tomorrow and public from Wednesday.  Said that the websites had got their info wrong.  So, I went online and ordered them instead, no suggestion that as a member of the public that I was ordering them too early, I went into the stadium plan and picked the seats I wanted, in fact I picked the same seat that I had as a season ticket 2 seasons ago - hope some of the old crowd who used to go then are going to that game!

Is this sort of poor service from the box office normal these days?

they've blocked my ST for both home games this season so far because of their direct debit issue.

so yes, theyre known to be shite.

I cancelled my season ticket two (or maybe 3) seasons ago.  Not missed the match once since (which is why I cannot recall how long it has been!).  However, they found my details on their system so tried to use that to place the order for the Sheff Wed tickets.  As I cancelled after the official cancellation deadline I wonder if my membership number is blocked or black listed in some way, I did pay for and attend all the games up to the last one in my final season as a season ticket holder so I would be surprised if that was the reason I couldn't buy a ticket over the phone this morning....

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone just cancelled the diredt debit on there season ticket before? Do the club chase it up and is your credit rating effected?

They don't chase it up (they'll send you a stock letter automatically but nowt else) and your credit rating is not affected. There is no credit agreement on the season tickets. In fact when I binned mine, I sent them an email telling them I wanted to cancel and they replied saying the only way I could do it was to cancel the DD myself.

What was the attendance on Saturday - 47k? Might be a low one against the Owls on Wednesday.

2,250 Watford fans as well so only 45,500 home supporters which is pretty poor especially for a 3pm Saturday kick off. Could well drop off a lot further over the next few games now they don't have the season ticket numbers they've had in previous years. For me personally this is the first season since the mid 1980's that I haven't went to any of the first 3 home games and I've got no intention of going to a match any time soon either.