The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

I'm not sure at least he admitted to going to away games to draw. Pardew plays hoof ball around his own goal-area and then calls it attacking football and that we had a go at it. Same s*** both of them, difference is Sam is doing a horribly boring job with a horribly boring squad while Pardew is doing it with a far better squad. Actually think Pardew genuinely thinks West Ham has a better team since they're all british.

:lol: Probably, yeah.

They're both cunts, let's just leave it at that.

I'm not sure at least he admitted to going to away games to draw. Pardew plays hoof ball around his own goal-area and then calls it attacking football and that we had a go at it. Same s*** both of them, difference is Sam is doing a horribly boring job with a horribly boring squad while Pardew is doing it with a far better squad. Actually think Pardew genuinely thinks West Ham has a better team since they're all british.

:lol: Probably, yeah.

They're both c***s, let's just leave it at that.

:thup: Glad we can agree. :lol:

Why can't these cretins realise that ultimately fans that fork out the money they do, to go to games, don't want to then sit there for 90 mins watching awful football, otherwise they're going to be pretty pissed off about it.

They gave that baboon Allardyce so much money this summer, and the football is still putrid, and gross to look at. They actually allowed him to spend £16 million on Carroll, and God knows how much else on the likes of Joe Cole and Downing who have all flopped.

Then these punks come out with an attitude, and blame the fans for the horrible play, because they're making the players nervous? Give me a break.

Madrid choking when its crunch time as per usual.

32 wins. 21 second places.

85 seasons of La Liga.

53 seasons in top two positions. Over 1/3rd as winner.

Madrid choking when its crunch time as per usual.

:ben:

What is this I don't even

Stop making sense, Kaiz. It doesn't jive with his narrative.

He's right if you take the past 10 seasons, though. Their record in big games is not too good. And their trophy haul despite their on paper squad quality and spending levels is a bit disappointing.

This season they have just taken 1 point in 12 against games versus us or Atlético.

Barcelona has been the better team the past decade. Doesn't make Real choke artists though.

And they've only been top of the league for 4 weeks this season, so it's not as if they've been dominating all year and just now coughed up the lead.

They have been choke artists since Zidane retired.

In the last 10 years in CL the only relevant team they have beaten is Man Yoo.

They have only made the Semi's 3 times in 11 years.

They do this every year, its not surprising in the slightest.

Since Zidane retired? Didn't they only win like 2 titles during his 5 years at Real?

Guest neesy111

Since Zidane retired? Didn't they only win like 2 titles during his 5 years at Real?

2 titles, 1 Champions League.

Barcelona has been the better team the past decade. Doesn't make Real choke artists though.

And they've only been top of the league for 4 weeks this season, so it's not as if they've been dominating all year and just now coughed up the lead.

Aye, it's like the whole Andy Murray thing a few years ago. He wasn't a bottler, he was a great player simply competing with some of the greatest.

I heard a commentator describe Ancelotti as dragging Real out of the Mourinhou 'barren' years, hang on didn't he wrestle the league back from what was then regarded as the best team in the world? Obviously not quite the sparking footy they wanted, and no champions league for him but I wouldn't mind barren years like that.

Thing is I guess is that Real want to have era defining teams and such, but recently at least their sides have been outshone, it's gone from the Barca to Bayern. It's a tad unfair as current Real is actually quite fearsome a proposition for any team, and they do have their own identity, no-one counter attacks like them. Unfortunately they are hampered by poor planning, managerial changes trying to chop and change the philosophy, teams built around players rather than the other way around and by playing in a league that only challenges them a few times a season.

The way I look at it: under Pérez presidency (10 seasons not including this one), as he's the one behind the galáctico policy.

- 3 league titles

- 1 CL

- 1 Spanish Cup

I've held quite a dislike of Real Madrid over the years and that started due to Perez and the whole Galactico thing. :thup:

I heard a commentator describe Ancelotti as dragging Real out of the Mourinhou 'barren' years, hang on didn't he wrestle the league back from what was then regarded as the best team in the world? Obviously not quite the sparking footy they wanted, and no champions league for him but I wouldn't mind barren years like that.

Thing is I guess is that Real want to have era defining teams and such, but recently at least their sides have been outshone, it's gone from the Barca to Bayern. It's a tad unfair as current Real is actually quite fearsome a proposition for any team, and they do have their own identity, no-one counter attacks like them. Unfortunately they are hampered by poor planning, managerial changes trying to chop and change the philosophy, teams built around players rather than the other way around and by playing in a league that only challenges them a few times a season.

1. For better or for worse Jose Mourinho is not a Real Madrid type of manager. His character and his style of play/management. Even though they've lost in the league against their near rivals and not registered a single one, they actually went toe-to-toe with Barcelona for the first time in a long time and they weren't embarrassed (unlike the first and only Jose tried to attack Barcelona from the off and got slumped 4/5-0 at home if my memory is correct). If Ancelotti does succeed at Madrid, wins the league or CL - he'll have done it in a Real Madrid manner. Finding a system to suit his best players and letting them express themselves. A Del Bosque type approach.

2. Your last point is false, La Liga is a better league than is given credit for. The teams are less physical but they are certainly better than the equivalent in the Premiership and certainly the Bundesliga.

Ok maybe it is a lazy point, and all the leagues atm are basically 2 or at best 3 horse races but that it's news when Real or Barca lose shows how far above the other teams they are (or it's a slightly imagined superiority meaning so many teams just roll over, which is certainly partially true at least). The league below that is certainly good and has plenty of quality.

This is just a strange viewpoint. Choke artists? It implies that they're the leaders throughout the season and then bottle it at the end, which isn't how recent history have been regardless of a trophy drought. Barcelona have completely dominated.

You could say they've won a lot less trophies than they've aspired to/probably should have considering money spent in recent years, but that's about it. Choke artists/bottlers are something else entirely. They don't do this every year, they do quite well only Barcelona do better.

The way I look at it: under Pérez presidency (10 seasons not including this one), as he's the one behind the galáctico policy.

- 3 league titles

- 1 CL

- 1 Spanish Cup

piss poor return for the sums spent but thats what you get when the needs of the squad are secondary to "whats the biggest name in football we can get?"

- 3 league titles

- 1 CL

- 1 Spanish Cup

p*ss poor return for the sums spent but thats what you get when the needs of the squad are secondary to "whats the biggest name in football we can get?"

In recent years they've gone about building very good squads back to front. Well since the Kaka in Robben out debacle.

This season I think they have arguably the second strongest squad in the world. The madrid/Spanish lads coming through (and bought back) are providing fantastic depth. Although i've been dissappointed with Carvahal in recent games.

- 3 league titles

- 1 CL

- 1 Spanish Cup

p*ss poor return for the sums spent but thats what you get when the needs of the squad are secondary to "whats the biggest name in football we can get?"

In recent years they've gone about building very good squads back to front. Well since the Kaka in Robben out debacle.

This season I think they have arguably the second strongest squad in the world. The madrid/Spanish lads coming through (and bought back) are providing fantastic depth. Although i've been dissappointed with Carvahal in recent games.

:thup:

Carvajal has been a good signing, but lately him and Bale have been atrocious. Well for the past two games at least. I think they have the 2nd best squad as well, they have much more depth than Barcelona. What they don't have though is an Iniesta or Messi that when they turn up, they turn up.

Madrid have a great squad indeed, certainly with bigger depth than ours. But once again their penchant for marquee names hurts them. Bale, for example, while certainly a great player, has to play by decree and it has shown in these two past games that it makes Real Madrid too top heavy and easily to break in midfield, as he doesn't track back and doesn't do much in creative areas.