The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Giroud is OK and has had a better season this year than last. If they gave him another he'd probably get 20 in the league.

Problem with him is he doesn't create goals for himself and his lack of pace totally negates a lot of Arsenal's best players, particularly when runners like Ramsey and Walcott are out. They'd do well to upgrade.

In what way would it be an easy decision?

Ba was perfect for us and the level we were at meant we were perfect for him. The evidence suggests he doesn't have the ability to up his game when he's required to be more than just a goalscorer. It's a pretty damning indictment, in my opinion, that he's massively struggled to get a game under Mourinho when his competition has been pretty poor.

Better strikers than Ba have struggled at Chelsea. 2 of which are at the club. Let alone Crespo, Shevchenko etc. etc.

Giroud is OK and has had a better season this year than last. If they gave him another he'd probably get 20 in the league.

Problem with him is he doesn't create goals for himself and his lack of pace totally negates a lot of Arsenal's best players, particularly when runners like Ramsey and Walcott are out. They'd do well to upgrade.

Yup. if I was Arsenal I'd have Ba or Dzeko over Giroud because of this but ideally you'd have Giroud + A.N Other. I do like him though, seems an honest enough pro (on the field though ey? If you know what I mean) and puts in shift after shift often to the detriment of himself.

In what way would it be an easy decision?

Ba was perfect for us and the level we were at meant we were perfect for him. The evidence suggests he doesn't have the ability to up his game when he's required to be more than just a goalscorer. It's a pretty damning indictment, in my opinion, that he's massively struggled to get a game under Mourinho when his competition has been pretty poor.

It's not a damning indictment at all. It's just Mourinho being Mourinho. His system only ever really allows for one striker at a time, and he's got more fashionable strikers at his disposal (Mr £50m & Eto'o). Judge Ba by what he's done, and that's 4 goals and 3 assists in 465 minutes. That's a goal or an assist every 66 minutes.

Don't think it's fair to say he is just a goalscorer either. Watch that 3-0 against Man Utd. He's so good as a goalscorer I wouldn't want him concentrating on much else though. He's not just marginally better than the other two as a goalscorer IMO.

Edit: I don't really like the reliance on stats in this instance, actually. They happen to corroborate my viewpoint this time, but it's just an opinion thing at the end of the day: I think he's done well without having a decent run in the side and I don't think not being in the side is necessarily his fault (cf. Lukaku).

Agree :thup:

Giroud also has 7 assists this season. Didn't someone say Dzeko's all round game is better like?

Dzeko has the same in the league man. Dzeko has never been the first striker for City, he's finally gotten some games lately and is doing it decently. It's not easy to be a goalscorer a la Suarez when you have Aguero who is a level above most in this league ahead of you.

I'm not saying Dzeko is the best striker in the world or anything like that, I'm just saying that he's a better striker than most give credit for on here.

Pretty sure he just wasn't fancied by either manager that much. 10 in 13 starts in his first season, 10 in 20 starts when he came back from loan and had that second season.

Okay. I don't know what point you are trying to make. His time in the PL wasn't successful.

Think his point was that he didn't struggle per se, it was more of a managers choice to why he wasn't that successful.

Pretty sure he just wasn't fancied by either manager that much. 10 in 13 starts in his first season, 10 in 20 starts when he came back from loan and had that second season.

Okay. I don't know what point you are trying to make. His time in the PL wasn't successful.

The point I'm making is that he didn't struggle when he played and he was actually pretty crucial to winning their second title under Mourinho. To group him with Torres, Shevchenko, Kezman etc is wrong.

Giroud also has 7 assists this season. Didn't someone say Dzeko's all round game is better like?

Dzeko has the same in the league man. Dzeko has never been the first striker for City, he's finally gotten some games lately and is doing it decently. It's not easy to be a goalscorer a la Suarez when you have Aguero who is a level above most in this league ahead of you.

I'm not saying Dzeko is the best striker in the world or anything like that, I'm just saying that he's a better striker than most give credit for on here.

He's got 1 assist in the league man.

Always a dangerous game going off my 'stats'  :iamatwat:

He's got 1 assist in the league man.

Always a dangerous game going off my 'stats'  :iamatwat:

:lol: is your stat wrong? I'm not sure it is. I had a look and he wasn't even on the top PL assists page. I'll double check like

Naaaaa, was off ESPN for PL only, usually spot on them  :lol:

:lol:

Yeah really weird. I guess one is the right number. Although I never look at statistics to determine who's the better striker. Of those we've discussed I'd have 1. Dzeko 2. Giroud 3. Ba without a doubt. Like I said I like Giroud a lot, but in MY opinion Dzeko edges him because he does more.

Of those we've discussed I'd have 1. Dzeko 2. Giroud 3. Ba without a doubt. Like I said I like Giroud a lot, but in MY opinion Dzeko edges him because he does more.

I agree with this, like. Same order for me.

Of those we've discussed I'd have 1. Dzeko 2. Giroud 3. Ba without a doubt. Like I said I like Giroud a lot, but in MY opinion Dzeko edges him because he does more.

I agree with this, like. Same order for me.

Actually I take back everything. If Brett is agreeing with me I must be wrong ffs :lol:

Dzeko is a very good player in the wrong place IMO.

If he went to a club suited to his skillset where he is the main man, he would consistently score 20 league goals a season IMO.

Giroud is the same to a certain extent to me, he looks out of place around Arsenal's small and technically gifted players but he's not as good as Dzeko.

Dzeko is easily the best of those three, probably doesn't get the credit he should deserve. In and out of the City side all the time but always seems to be popping up with goals, which isn't easy for a striker who rarely has had a consistent run in the side.

He's the ultimate flat track bully though, only scores against the poor teams. Just has a look at his record, only scored against Man Utd :lol: who you'd class as a big team

As opposed to Giroud?

Dzeko is easily the best of those three, probably doesn't get the credit he should deserve. In and out of the City side all the time but always seems to be popping up with goals, which isn't easy for a striker who rarely has had a consistent run in the side.

He's the ultimate flat track bully though, only scores against the poor teams. Just has a look at his record, only scored against Man Utd :lol: who you'd class as a big team

As opposed to Giroud?

I actually said they were similar. But as you mention it scored:

Napoli/Dortmund/Fenerbache/Spurs/Everton

Giroud is absolutely anonymous in the big games. None of those teams are particularly brilliant either apart from Dortmund