Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Pelle for 5M is great value!

Troydini to cement Leicester as a big man/little man, two up front long ball team. Their last 10 games were more about their defence than attack, so my suspicion would be that they need to mix it up more from now on.

Also have to figure Ferguson rarely went the "20m+ route. A lot has changed since he retired

RVP, Berbatov, Anderson, Rooney, Ferdinand, Veron were all more than £20million like.

I'm going to guess you purposefully picked £20mil because there's a load of players he signed for over £15mil: Zaha, Hargreaves,  Young, Carrick, De Gea, Phil Jones, Valencia, Nani, Van Nistelrooy

6 players in 20+ years.  I reckon the title winning sides from Chelsea (the last one) and City had more in one side. 

Another example of an average player Ferguson got performances from. Did well on the way to the champions league final against barca in 2011(?).

I was never impressed with him at Man Utd but watching him in person, Gibson is actually a very good centre mid when he's fit. Excellent passing range. Problem is, he's never fit so I hope his new deal is heavily appearance-based.

Cleverly on the other hand, is absolutely fucking woeful and sadly, was always fit and always picked by Martinez. Hope Koeman bombs him out.

"I think you do not have a better English player. Technically, he is as good as you get. The way he executes, how he reads the game, for me he is one of the most sensational you are going to see in Premier League history"

Still funny :lol:

"I think you do not have a better English player. Technically, he is as good as you get. The way he executes, how he reads the game, for me he is one of the most sensational you are going to see in Premier League history"

:lol: Martinez in a nutshell.

The "reads the game" comment is the most insane. Never seen a player read the game worse than Cleverley. He runs round like a headless chicken, reacting to the play seconds later than everyone else. It's like watching someone play FIFA for the first time.

:lol: Martinez in a nutshell.

The "reads the game" comment is the most insane. Never seen a player read the game worse than Cleverley. He runs round like a headless chicken, reacting to the play seconds later than everyone else. It's like watching someone play FIFA for the first time.

Wait Martinez said that, I assumed it was Froggy tbh :lol:

Liverpool won everything going in the 70s and 80s without ever spending more than a couple of million on a player, it was a minor miracle looking back on it now.

Well not really...they tended to pay the going rate for players. A couple of million back then is more like 10 million plus now.

Also have to figure Ferguson rarely went the "20m+ route. A lot has changed since he retired

RVP, Berbatov, Anderson, Rooney, Ferdinand, Veron were all more than £20million like.

I'm going to guess you purposefully picked £20mil because there's a load of players he signed for over £15mil: Zaha, Hargreaves,  Young, Carrick, De Gea, Phil Jones, Valencia, Nani, Van Nistelrooy

6 players in 20+ years.  I reckon the title winning sides from Chelsea (the last one) and City had more in one side. 

I give up with you. you don't have a clue :lol:

Are you f***ing kidding :lol:

Not really...in '82 the British record transfer was £1.5m. Liverpool paid £1.4 for Mark Lawrenson that same season.

In '87 the record was £3.2m, and they paid around almost £2m for Beardsley the same year.

Scale that up to current records (£59m presently?), and you'd be looking subjectively at tens of millions

Are you f***ing kidding :lol:

Not really...in '82 the British record transfer was £1.5m. Liverpool paid £1.4 for Mark Lawrenson that same season.

In '87 the record was £3.2m, and they paid around almost £2m for Beardsley the same year.

Scale that up to current records (£59m presently?), and you'd be looking subjectively at tens of millions

Ah OK.  Yeah I was being a bit daft really then.

f***ing world's longest whoosh.

:whistle:

:lol: I'm not accepting that.  If that was a double-whoosh attempt then it was so poorly executed that I claim the whoosh.  In a bit.

No whooshing intended. Just didn't pick up on the original one  :)

Has there ever been a non-established player who's had such a poor season command so much attention as John Stones?

A few places reporting that he's going to choose Man City over Barcelona