Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Well I presume some of it is to do with money but Liverpool are also just a way bigger club than Southampton

[southampton] reported Liverpool to the Premier League, suspecting an illegal approach before Liverpool released a statement apologising and confirmed 'we have ended any interest in the player'.

Uh huh. Good job we have these rules in place, eh?

Completely separate point but why aren't Spurs spending money or being linked that heavily with anyone bar Barkley (who probably wouldn't make your team) this summer?

A bit of a mixture of things. There are no glaring holes in the first XI for a start, and a couple of kids on the fringes, so Poch might be looking to bring them through and not place obstacles in their way. Ideally you want to bring in somebody to improve the first team, but our first team is really good, so we end up competing with people who can pay twice as much in wages, and most targets are non-starters. We were in for Martial, Batshuayi, Willian etc and then just got blown out of the water by clubs that can afford to pay a shit-ton of money to somebody who's not first choice. We have been in pole position for a young Argentinian centre-back, but supposedly now PSG are interested, so that's probably the end of that. Then you factor in the new stadium and the potential risks.

It's a combination of things. From our point of view, we've been careful for years, have a strong squad, and have a manager who places great emphasis on continuity and togetherness. External factors - there are ten or more clubs with greater resources competing against us in the same market, and we are building a new stadium. Many of the natives are getting restless, but not everyone.

I'd be a lot more confident if we hadn't made the utterly baffling and deeply concerning decision to throw money at Sissoko. Most of our decisions are justifiable, even if I disagree, but that was so obviously wrong-headed it makes me nervous.

I used to fucking despise Spurs. Now have a great deal of respect for them as a club. Sensible, well run, and a good record of bringing through top young players. I hope the consistency of keeping together a core of players, without adding too many new faces, serves them well so they can push the likes of that cunt Mourinho, City and Chelsea to the wire for the title.

Agree with toon25. As much as it pains me to say, very very impressed with Spurs over the last 5 years. They better start picking up trophies soon as otherwise all their good work will amount to nothing.

In a way, I wish they win some silverware as it will provide hope for a number of clubs.

Guest chopey

I think these loans between premier league teams has to stop I've just read that Chelsea could have six players on loan to other premier league teams which means six teams that will have weaker teams against them than anyone else, that can't be fair.

Aye absolutely needs to be ended, it's ridiculous

Must only have have 15 players between 19-23 and 20 players 23+ or you cannot sign any one else in that age range. No loans between premiership clubs. Would stop clubs stockpiling players.

We should really sign Gibbs if he's anywhere under £15m.

From Sky Sports:

Sky sources: Arsenal have rejected a £10m bid from West Brom for left-back Kieran Gibbs. It is thought Arsenal are looking for closer to £12m for the player.

I think these loans between premier league teams has to stop I've just read that Chelsea could have six players on loan to other premier league teams which means six teams that will have weaker teams against them than anyone else, that can't be fair.

They've been doing it for years, buying up talent and then loaning them out to the 'lower' teams.  It never used to be allowed to loan players to teams in the same league - no idea why it changed.

All indications is that he's following the money. 

Think that's very harsh. There are numerous of reasons why he would leave, one is obviously money but there are even footballing reasons if he did. It's World Cup year and he's at his peak now and he needs to learn how to be the star of a team week in week out. Lets be honest, his best games for Barcelona have come either when messi has been out injured or invisible. He's at his best when he's the focal point of the team and at Barcelona he clearly can't be that as Messi is a superior player. He could wait and develop more, but I don't see Messi playing second fiddle in at least 3-4 years so for that reason i think it might be a good move for him.

That said, I think he will stay.

Neymar apparently wants to leave, unhappy playing second fiddle to Messi :lol:

I'd buy Sanchez to replace him; let him go

Sanchez has already played there and wasntt even close to as good as Neymar has been for them. Another player that needs to be on the ball more.

Sanchez last season for Barcelona was really good.... and with the exception of maybe his first season - Neymar has been better than Sanchez ever was each season. Neymar is a class above.

Sanchez is also likely to go to PSG. Seems like Dybala would replace Neymar.

Again - really wished one of the PL mega clubs were in for Neymar. All this money floating in the league to sign the likes of Morata ffs.

Sanchez last season for Barcelona was really good.... and with the exception of maybe his first season - Neymar has been better than Sanchez ever was each season. Neymar is a class above.

Sanchez is also likely to go to PSG. Seems like Dybala would replace Neymar.

Again - really wished one of the PL mega clubs were in for Neymar. All this money floating in the league to sign the likes of Morata ffs.

Agree but dont think many clubs have £200m to pay cash upfront to Barcelona.