Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Rakitic to Barca according to a load of different media.

15m euros plus bonuses.

Cesc out for sure then? Or where will he fit into the team?

Yeah as this news broke so did Cesc to Chelsea..... various media saying that's done for anything between 33m euros and 38 depending on who you believe.

Unless everyones talking out their ass i'd expect both to be confirmed soon.

Aye is a shame, oh and on the subject not sure if its been mentioned but seems like Liverpool are close to agreeing a fee for Sevilla's LB Moreno.

Have to feel for Sevilla a bit really, Navas and Negredo last summer now seemingly Moreno and Rakitic this. Wouldn't even surprise me if Bacca does well at the WC for Colombia that he gets sold either.

David Villa whose last competitive games for club and country before retiring to the Australia will be the CL final and the WC. What a come down.

I dunno, sounds like the dream end to my fantasy career tbh.

I like Rakitic a lot, but not sure it'll make up for Cesc leaving

I don't like Colback at all and it definitely won't make up for Cabaye leaving. Go cry in you massive trophy room Barca boy!

Ps love you really x

Guest Roger Kint

Chelsea are being linked with Filipe Luis and Thiago a fair bit too. Atleti are going to need a new team next season the way things are going.

Thiago that used to be at Chelsea? :anguish:

Luis looks a good player mind, assume he will be cheaper than Shaw/Moreno otherwise they would have tried harder for those.

Chelsea are being linked with Filipe Luis and Thiago a fair bit too. Atleti are going to need a new team next season the way things are going.

Luis looks a good player mind, assume he will be cheaper than Shaw/Moreno otherwise they would have tried harder for those.

Yup, assume it's just for Mou to have an ally in the dressing room but he's still competent.

Aye Filipe Luis is probably the best LB around for me.

Guest Roger Kint

Yup, assume it's just for Mou to have an ally in the dressing room but he's still competent.

That good, i only saw 3/4 games but was quite impressed? I hadnt seen Moreno but the few reports i saw suggested he was better. Then again Mourinho isnt one to put huge faith in youth like he would need to with the other two.

That good, i only saw 3/4 games but was quite impressed? I hadnt seen Moreno but the few reports i saw suggested he was better. Then again Mourinho isnt one to put huge faith in youth like he would need to with the other two.

Moreno has youth I guess, I've only seen him in the EL final where he seemed decent albeit a bit rash but you can't pass comment on 1 game, seen Luis play loads this season - always impressed, very good athlete too. As you say the chances of Mourinho wanting to develop a player are slim to nil when he has the cash to buy the finished article - a total contrast to the current Chelsea policy of hoarding kids and youngsters where possible but I guess they're profiting on them and achieving FFP so they're not arsed.

Guest Roger Kint

Moreno has youth I guess, I've only seen him in the EL final where he seemed decent albeit a bit rash but you can't pass comment on 1 game, seen Luis play loads this season - always impressed, very good athlete too. As you say the chances of Mourinho wanting to develop a player are slim to nil when he has the cash to buy the finished article - a total contrast to the current Chelsea policy of hoarding kids and youngsters where possible but I guess they're profiting on them and achieving FFP so they're not arsed.

:thup: Sounds like Chelsea are going to be pretty strong this year, making some canny signings before the rest have even started

Really liked Felipe Luis since his Depor days, fantastic defender. Absolute joke Brazil are not taking him IMO.

It's not a joke really. He's better than Maxwell, but he's not better than Marcelo. So Scolari took the guy that always wins stuff and that has performed for the national team, rather than the guy that goes hiding. Maxwell is better going forward as well, which we require from our fullbacks. I do think overall that Luis is a better defender, but man do Maxwell have something about him when it comes to winning :lol:

The quality of the signings has been variable, but I appreciate Liverpool's recent transfer market philosophy (for a club without the endless funds others seemingly have). Moreno is pretty much just pace at the moment, so I expect he'll be better off being used in midfield or on the outside left of the 3-5-2 they occasionally use. I don't think he can be relied on for his defensive fundamentals just yet.

Filipe Luis too Chelsea almost a done deal. Atletico have signed Siqueira from Granada as his replacement.

If Mourinho fails to win a trophy again next season with the team he'll have... :lol: