Other clubs' transfers

TBG

The regular top 4. :anguish: Two of whom bought their way there in the most cynical way possible and now exclude one of the biggest clubs in Europe; a club that missed out on the title last season by two points. Isn't this what we're always complaining about when people say NUFC are 'where they should be', and that we can't demand more because we've not won anything in yonks?

Ah fuck this. Football is so broken.

Argh ... people have so little integrity and self respect man. Really pisses me off.

All this stupid boy had to do was just keep his mouth shut and get on with it, like Carragher is saying.

Really disgraceful this. I doubt anyone on here would advice their son to do this.

Argh ... people have so little integrity and self respect man. Really pisses me off.

All this stupid boy had to do was just keep his mouth shut and get on with it, like Carragher is saying.

Really disgraceful this. I doubt anyone on here would advice their son to do this.

I'm sterile, thanks for reminding me.

If he decided to stay at Liverpool for the next five years on 200k a week everyone would criticise him for having no ambition and just staying for the money.

Speak for yourself.

If he decided to stay at Liverpool for the next five years on 200k a week everyone would criticise him for having no ambition and just staying for the money.

He's got until 2017 on his current 35k a week deal.

Why does he need to force a move now?

moneymoneymoneymoneysittingonthebenchmoneymoneymoneymoney

Speak for yourself.

It he transfers to another club and gets the same wages he was offered at Liverpool then he literally hasn't transferred for the money, people would still be complaining. We should want every player to want to win trophies, people moan when players don't want this.

The regular top 4. :anguish: Two of whom bought their way there in the most cynical way possible and now exclude one of the biggest clubs in Europe; a club that missed out on the title last season by two points. Isn't this what we're always complaining about when people say NUFC are 'where they should be', and that we can't demand more because we've not won anything in yonks?

:thup:

Ah f*** this. Football is so broken.

:clap:

Liverpool are offering him more than that ffs. He's gonna get more money if he stays or goes.

Like I said previously, surely loyalty would be seeing him run his contract out. Only problem is Liverpool would shit themselves if he did this and do anything to flog him.

Speak for yourself.

It he transfers to another club and gets the same wages he was offered at Liverpool then he literally hasn't transferred for the money, people would still be complaining. We should want every player to want to win trophies, people moan when players don't want this.

If a player plays for Liverpool and wants to win trophies, they should up their game, not stamp their feet and demand to go to Chelsea or Man City.

Hang on, weren't Liverpool in the FA Cup semi final two weeks ago? Why didn't he turn up in that game instead of this?

From the BBC match report:

Villa were bristling and business-like whereas Liverpool were timid with little seen of Raheem Sterling, who let the occasion pass him by.

Pure bottle job this.

"I'm not good enough to drag my team to a cup final, so I'll go somewhere that Sergio Aguero can do it for me"

Can someone please give indications on what wouldn't make him a money grabbing bastard?

Which year can he leave? Next year or year after? To which clubs? Man City or Chelsea? Or just Real or Barca?

Speak for yourself.

If a player plays for Liverpool and wants to win trophies, they should up their game, not stamp their feet and demand to go to Chelsea or Man City.

Hang on, weren't Liverpool in the FA Cup semi final two weeks ago? Why didn't he turn up in that game instead of this?

Surely he should've stayed at QPR to win trophies, went for the money at Liverpool though.

:lol: Time to help Dave pick an NFL team.

Also: Playoffs.

Liverpool are offering him more than that ffs. He's gonna get more money if he stays or goes.

Like I said previously, surely loyalty would be seeing him run his contract out. Only problem is Liverpool would shit themselves if he did this and do anything to flog him.

yep and in all probability this window is the best chance to sell him for maximum value. He'd probably get hammered if he saw his contract out and moved on a free to somewhere outside england (no compensation in that scenario)

Speak for yourself.

Surely he should've stayed at QPR to win trophies, went for the money at Liverpool though.

I think there's a fair difference between leaving a QPR side who had just finished 13th in the Championship, and leaving Liverpool who failed to get to the FA Cup final because their supposed star player (that's him btw) didn't show up in the semi.

Like I said previously, surely loyalty would be seeing him run his contract out. Only problem is Liverpool would s*** themselves if he did this and do anything to flog him.

He doesn't need to leave, he doesn't need a new contract.

If it had fuck all to do about money, he'd play at Liverpool until 2017 and then decide on his future (try to compete with Liverpool until then).

He's got the arse because he thinks he is bigger then the club and is demanding to leave 2 years before his contract ends.

THIS is the problem with football, gone are the days of honouring your contract, the players can dictate when they leave and for how much for.

If he joined Man City on 35k a week until 2017 with the promise of guaranteed first team football I'd applaud him for wanting to compete and win things.

When in reality he is going to move to Man City on 150k a week until 2050 with the promise of 6 starts a season and a run in the cup.

If he cared about playing football, he'd stay at a team where he is guaranteed to play and compete.

Ah f*** this. Football is so broken.

Ok, someone with a better chance of winning the title than Liverpool. Same thing. They had a chance last year to push on. They couldn't keep their best player or attract a top class replacement. Their recruitment on the whole since Carroll other than one or two gems has been appalling for what they've spent.

Like I said, this isn't a Rodwell to City, Moses to Chelsea thing. Sterling can go to a bigger club and win things, play regularly and be successful. Not happening at Liverpool.

And football isn't broken. This has been the way in football for 60 odd years.

If Sterling signs for Man City he's be their 3rd best attacking player after Aguero and Silva. He's not doing a Scott Sinclair ffs

He'll be at West Ham/West Brom/Swansea within two years. He's not that good. He's scored 7 league goals this season. Jack Colback's got 4 ffs.

Speak for yourself.

I think there's a fair difference between leaving a QPR side who had just finished 13th in the Championship, and leaving Liverpool who failed to get to the FA Cup final because their supposed star player (that's him btw) didn't show up in the semi.

It's just further along a scale. He's one of the reasons Liverpool are further along that scale than they were as well.

Sterling is a good player and an extremely promising talent. Having said that, I think he's overrated, by himself and the media. The only people who don;'t think he's as good as is being made out are Liverpool fans themselves. They see the obvious, which is that he still needs to learn and improve the numerous gaps in his game. He is nowhere near the player Bale is, so talk of him moving to Real Madrid is a fucking joke tbh.

His head's obviously been turned. He'll end up at Arsenal as Walcott's replacement, or playing a bit-part role at Chelsea or Man City.

Acting the twat for no good reason IMO, and Liverpool have every right to twist his arm and only sell him on their own terms, even if they have to spite him.