Other clubs' transfers

TBG

And Liverpool today are far more ambitious and competitive than that Everton team ever was.

Funnily enough, a comparable talent in Ross Barkley signed a new contract with Everton just this season. Despite being linked with all these top clubs also.

Barkley has less goals and assists than Colback this season

Sterling has one goal more than Charlie Adam.

And Liverpool today are far more ambitious and competitive than that Everton team ever was.

Funnily enough, a comparable talent in Ross Barkley signed a new contract with Everton just this season. Despite being linked with all these top clubs also.

How is that more comparable? If someone wants Barkley he'll leave.

Also Sterling has had a taste of being in a title race. Something he's probably seen won't happen again for as long as he stays put.

Sterling has one goal more than Charlie Adam.

I know, which is why I wouldn't reduce things to that level. People were saying Sterling's output is crap then saying Barkley etc. is comparable to him.

You can't judge things on that alone. Fact is that Sterling is wanted by top clubs despite everyone hating the fact and not rating him.

But yet most of the top teams would have him, and he didn't hold Everton to ransom, and act like a div.

By the way I would take Barkley over Sterling any day. No question.

Despite the fact he's clearly shown more for both club and country?  :lol: No point going any further you're clearly too emotional to be reasoned with to make debate worthwhile.

I could understand Sterling wanting to leave if he was carrying Liverpool and had been their best player on a consistent basis. But he hasn't.

He is Charles N'Zogbia, thinking he's a world beater and offering himself to Arsenal and ending up at Villa.

Sadly, Sterling is just a wife beater. Can't wait for him to end up at West Ham in 2020 savaging his career.

Also Sterling has had a taste of being in a title race. Something he's probably seen won't happen again for as long as he stays put.

He didn't score a single goal between September 20th and Boxing Day. Maybe he should try upping his game if he wants to be in a title race. Has he just seen Suarez and decided "I want that again. I want a better player to do it all for me because I'm not good enough."?

I could understand Sterling wanting to leave if he was carrying Liverpool and had been their best player on a consistent basis. But he hasn't.

He is Charles N'Zogbia, thinking he's a world beater and offering himself to Arsenal and ending up at Villa.

Sadly, Sterling is just a wife beater. Can't wait for him to end up at West Ham in 2020 savaging his career.

This.

I hope those supporting this were advocates of all our semi-decent players moving asap.

Who is his agent? He has had some very bad advice imo.

Some management group about to get a big payday.

He didn't score a single goal between September 20th and Boxing Day. Maybe he should try upping his game if he wants to be in a title race. Has he just seen Suarez and decided "I want that again. I want a better player to do it all for me because I'm not good enough."

Liverpool can use the money to buy someone consistent. Then everyone wins.

He didn't score a single goal between September 20th and Boxing Day. Maybe he should try upping his game if he wants to be in a title race. Has he just seen Suarez and decided "I want that again. I want a better player to do it all for me because I'm not good enough."

I agree, or at least I would if Rodgers was any good at buying players.

After playing their 37th game last season Liverpool were top of the league. In 2008/09 they finished second, four points behind the winners. They've participated in the Champions League in seven of the last ten seasons. In the last ten years they've won the European Cup, the FA Cup, the League Cup and the Super Cup and been in three other finals. He's a mainstay for England already.

I'm no fan of Liverpool but it's utterly ridiculous to suggest they're not a club where he can earn a fuckload of money, play at the top level and win trophies. Easier to piss off for a massive payday than help improve them though.

I hope those supporting this were advocates of all our semi-decent players moving asap.

Who is his agent? He has had some very bad advice imo.

Some management group about to get a big payday.

Well aye, but career wise :lol: but there again, football is only about money these days. His agent probably couldn't give a fuck where he ends up, as long as he gets his slice of the pie.

Yet it'll be one of the best managers in the world who'll no doubt think Sterling is good enough to help win titles. Not in a £16m generic English player who'll make about 10 starts in the league and fills the home grown quota, but a £30-40m fee bought to play regularly kind of way. :thup:

After playing their 37th game last season Liverpool were top of the league. In 2008/09 they finished second, four points behind the winners. They've participated in the Champions League in seven of the last ten seasons. In the last ten years they've won the European Cup, the FA Cup, the League Cup and the Super Cup and been in three other finals. He's a mainstay for England already.

I'm no fan of Liverpool but it's utterly ridiculous to suggest they're not a club where he can earn a fuckload of money, play at the top level and win trophies. Easier to p*ss off for a massive payday than help improve them though.

The last paragraph could equally apply to Suarez, irrespective of how much more he contributed.

I'm no fan of Liverpool but it's utterly ridiculous to suggest they're not a club where he can earn a fuckload of money, play at the top level and win trophies. Easier to p*ss off for a massive payday than help improve them though.

Their title challenge last season was a surprise though. Why should he stay there and win the odd cup when he can win the league and regularly challenge it elsewhere at a better club?

Their title challenge last season was a surprise though. Why should he stay there and win the odd cup when he can win the league and regularly challenge it elsewhere at a better club?

"a better club" :anguish:

Think you and Dave are being pedantic as fuck to be honest. 'Better club', 'club with a better chance of winning things'. Fuck sake man.

Club whose owner happens to have a load of oil money you mean then. I don't agree with the use of the word 'better' in that context. Man City and Chelsea are a cancer on football.

Newcastle are in the state they are because of exactly this attitude that English football is dripping with from top to bottom, that money is all that matters and that the only way to be successful in football is to try and stand next to the richest kid in the park. Sad to see some of our fans are so happy to see it perpetuated.

Am I missing something here? He really isn't THAT good yet ffs :lol:

That's my main thought too. Not about whether it's greedy or ambitious, more wondering what he's done to deserve such lofty predictions of greatness.

Yet it'll be one of the best managers in the world who'll no doubt think Sterling is good enough to help win titles. Not in a £16m generic English player who'll make about 10 starts in the league and fills the home grown quota, but a £30-40m fee bought to play regularly kind of way. :thup:

If he's that good then he would be able to do that with Liverpool like Suarez very nearly did.

Happy to stick my neck out at the risk of being quoted in three years and say they'll have to be barking mad to do that.

How does that make it any less legitimate? They did it before with the help of a world class talent, a player they attracted in the first place and kept until he went mental. :lol: They were in for Sanchez in the summer, he could have been Suarez's replacement. Sterling could even show some real ambition by saying he wanted to be the replacement himself, drive Liverpool to the title and become a legend there. He's just seen the reception and adoration Gerrard got, why doesn't that inspire him?

But players don't do that any more do they. A couple of good spells and they all want to congregate at the same two or three ultra-rich clubs and in the process they help to maintain the status quo and restrict genuine sporting competition. It's bloody awful.

A step up for Sterling only leaves 2-3 clubs though. I could be wrong but I can't see him going to sit on the bench at Man City etc., maybe he is maintaining the status quo by keeping Man City a top club but he'd be doing it with his talent on the pitch. Someone has to play for the top teams.

Our squad is littered with players who could've stuck with their clubs instead of taking the first ticket the the PL gravy train. Should we call Perez a twat for that?