Other clubs' transfers

TBG

http://www.espnfc.us/manchester-city/story/2457250/man-city-offer-james-milner-new-four-year-contract-to-stay--

Manchester City have made a final, improved offer of a new contract to James Milner in a last bid to prevent him from leaving on a free transfer, sources have told ESPN FC.

But City have raised their previous offer by putting a four-year deal worth up to £165,000-a week on the table.

Whew.

Prefer that. Good for Dourtmund and Jones-Smalling hasn't been that bad for Man Utd, they are fourth after all. I Was impressed with Smalling against Arsenal. I thought he would be playing at Villa or Sunderland by now.

Hummels has turned down Man Utd, confirmed he'll be at BVB next season.

Admirable although I don't think he is that great a defender

He's an upgrade on what they (ManU) have.

^ Who else do they get ?

They've got a manager who won them 2 trophies last season at his first attempt. One bad season doesn't mean he isn't the right man for the job.

He also finished 3rd in the league that season despite Ronaldo finishing top scorer and lost the title this year from a dominant position by burning out his starting 11. Only need to look at his league record with very good Milan squads to suggest he wasn't going to be winning any in Spain with his approach.

He won the league in England at his first attempt with an aging squad. The priority for Real last season was to claim La Decima which they accomplished in addition to winning the Copa del Ray.

Ancelotti is f***ing quality, one of the very best in the world. No surprises from a club whose supporters regularly boo club legends.

Madrid fans get a slightly unfair rap. Man United fans have boo'd Rooney, Ronaldo & Giggs. Arsenal fans have gotten on the back of a number of players.

Casillas has deserved some stick. He's been poor for a number of years and has divided the dressing room and gone against managers to the press (reportedly). He's not bigger than the club and has been getting picked off status and reputation and the Madrid fans have had enough.

Boo'ing isn't the most productive of activities but it serves a point. Perform to a high standard and it's great. You under-perform, you'll get stick. Players and managers are representing their club - they have to play at the fans standard. The Madrid fans are often supportive when needed. They'll show emotion at every turn. Not just mindlessly clap things below their level from people who could do better.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't even know where to begin with Raheem Sterling and I'm canny surprised that people are defending him. Fair enough if it genuinely was that he wanted to go elsewhere to 'win' trophies, but he's had the chance with Liverpool and could do again. He's not better than Liverpool at all and the idea that someone would say that about a team who in the past decade has had Xabi Alonso, Javier Mascherano, Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres and Luis Suarez is risible.

He doesn't want to go to a team to 'win' things, he wants to go to a team that already wins and when it doesn't, can afford to buy their way to titles with him on the bandwagon. Taking his claim that it's not about money at face value, he's - at best - the footballer equivalent of a glory hunter.

Imagine Swansea turning their nose up at the Europa League, man.  I despise what this league has become.

Been in Europe so many times with such esteem they're right to fuck it off IMO

http://i.imgur.com/XCZI6Op.png

Imagine Swansea turning their nose up at the Europa League, man.  I despise what this league has become.

Been in Europe so many times with such esteem they're right to f*** it off IMO

http://i.imgur.com/XCZI6Op.png

Am I making it up or did Wrexham make the Quarters or something when Man U won that CWC?

Edit: second round.

Benitez would be a horrible appointment.

Keep Carlo for another season or get Klopp. Benitez? He'll not win the league either. They'll have a good chance of the cups because Benitez would rotate and is probably more tactically astute. But they'll lose out in other areas.

Ironic considering that's what they are doing now anyway, minus the rotations.

Benitez would be a horrible appointment.

Keep Carlo for another season or get Klopp. Benitez? He'll not win the league either. They'll have a good chance of the cups because Benitez would rotate and is probably more tactically astute. But they'll lose out in other areas.

Ironic considering that's what they are doing now anyway, minus the rotations.

This side has been great to most of the time. I can't imagine Benitez picking a midfield of Kroos, James & Modric. Or even Isco, James & Kroos have played together a lot. Benitez would've never come up with that.