The disabled woman chronicles

Christ, we have all handed our ticket out to a friend/family member one time or another. Why should a disabled person be different?  Did she have to find another disabled person for it to be ok?  It's so petty and small time it's crackers.

exactly, my disabled next door neighbour asked me a while ago if I knew anyone who would want his ticket for the Norwich game because his son couldn't make it and he didn't feel comfortable going with anyone else as he's pretty self-conscious about his disability, ridiculous to think that that alone could of seen him have his season ticket taken off him.  I mean, me dad can't make a couple of games every season, yet there's never been a problem with other people using his season ticket, don't see why a disabled fan should be more harshly treated. 

What if an adult uses a child ticket?

That, I could understand the club taking action against, if it was being used by an adult on a regular basis and therefore costing the club money, but an adult not allowed to use another adult's season ticket on one occasion is just farcical.

It is wrong for a perfectly able man to take a disabled person's seat so we should acknowledge that first. But just a friendly word of advice would have sorted this out surely?

I think a disabled season ticket is the same price as a regular one, but usually comes with a free one for their carer (that could be nonsense).

RE: Tron, yeah, I think a simple quiet word, just telling them that club policy doesn't allow it, so don't do it again sort of thing would of been fine. Fair enough if it was a repeat offender taking up space reserved for disabled people on a regular basis, then yeah take it off them, but as a one off, it seems a bit of an over the top response by the club. 

I think disabled people get an insanely cheap deal actually, can't remember the details though. Something like £300 a season including the carer.

It's about £380, so £190 each if carer pays - £10 per game bitches - if they had rang the club and explained they would have sorted it. It is no different to Adult using kids seat although I do know of people (Mates) that have used a friends disabled ticket no probs, just going in and finding a seat elsewhere

I think disabled people get an insanely cheap deal actually, can't remember the details though. Something like £300 a season including the carer.

It's about £380, so £190 each if carer pays - £10 per game bitches - if they had rang the club and explained they would have sorted it. It is no different to Adult using kids seat although I do know of people (Mates) that have used a friends disabled ticket no probs, just going in and finding a seat elsewhere

You're a special one, aren't you?

They shouldn't have even bothered unless they've seen the same person there 3-4 times. Then issue a warning. Fucking idiots.

They shouldn't have even bothered unless they've seen the same person there 3-4 times. Then issue a warning. f***ing idiots.

Ha if I was special I would have a cheap season ticket man (You can get one for ADHD). Not that bothered at all tbh as I know people that have benefited from it and surprised the stewards even noticed, to go to the paper when you were technically in the wrong though.

Guest Roger Kint

They shouldn't have even bothered unless they've seen the same person there 3-4 times. Then issue a warning. Fucking idiots.

Thats completely stupid and pretty much not going to happen. How would you keep track ffs? We only have that article to go by, for all we know he used it more than once hence the clubs reason for taking so long to look into it. Either way its the rules harsh or not.

They shouldn't have even bothered unless they've seen the same person there 3-4 times. Then issue a warning. f***ing idiots.

Thats completely stupid and pretty much not going to happen. How would you keep track ffs? We only have that article to go by, for all we know he used it more than once hence the clubs reason for taking so long to look into it. Either way its the rules harsh or not.

No, it's not stupid. As far as I'm aware the same stewards stay in the same positions throughout the season. Wouldn't be that difficult. If the club reply telling us that she's done it a few times then fair enough, but if sh'e telling the truth then they're idiots.

Love all of this 'it's the rules' stuff. Yeah let's fuck another fan over because it's the rules, nowt like a bit of compassion eh?

Guest Roger Kint

No, it's not stupid. As far as I'm aware the same stewards stay in the same positions throughout the season. Wouldn't be that difficult. If the club reply telling us that she's done it a few times then fair enough, but if sh'e telling the truth then they're idiots.

Love all of this 'it's the rules' stuff. Yeah let's fuck another fan over because it's the rules, nowt like a bit of compassion eh?

So does this idea of stewards keeping a mental total of all fans in their section and how often they sit there only work in the disabled section? Plus the fact you advocate 3-4 times before merely a warning, fucking ludicrous idea but hey i am sure you offer such charity in your own business.....

What about those missusing child ticket or whatever? Do they get the same leyway?

Well if you read the story it does say that they were holding her ticket until they'd investigated whether it had happened previously. How they'd do that I'm not sure, but maybe they found evidence she had?

Guest Roger Kint

Well if you read the story it does say that they were holding her ticket until they'd investigated whether it had happened previously. How they'd do that I'm not sure, but maybe they found evidence she had?

The CCTV footage(assuming its kept for each game) presumably.

You have to wonder why they didn't start earlier. Surely these articles sell better than the rent-a-quote bits and pieces they got from the club earlier when they were in bed with them.

The second 3-0 derby loss seems to have been the straw which broke the camel's back.

Love all of this 'it's the rules' stuff. Yeah let's f*** another fan over because it's the rules, nowt like a bit of compassion eh?

So does this idea of stewards keeping a mental total of all fans in their section and how often they sit there only work in the disabled section? Plus the fact you advocate 3-4 times before merely a warning, f***ing ludicrous idea but hey i am sure you offer such charity in your own business.....

What about those missusing child ticket or whatever? Do they get the same leyway?

What harm is there to them allowing the kids to go with someone who is able bodied? If you talking ludicrous then your scenario using the kids ticket fits the bill. Nowhere near the same.

Im pretty sure it would be easy to keep your eye on the disabled section, it's not exactly fox P seat 88 in the upper tier is it? We had the same steward for a couple of seasons.

I was applying rules to be 3-4 times man, I just plucked it out of thin air. If it was my business (going on what we currently know), I'd commend the steward, let the woman know it's not ideal but will be overlooked and tell her to contact the club if it happens again.

1964 - hopefully they will pile on the pressure, but it won't last as soon as they're allowed access again it will soon die off.

Guest Roger Kint

A able bodied man using a disabled ticket is no different to him using a child ticket, how can you say otherwise? Are all diabled seats in the same section? Theres nothing saying it was the wheelchair area and others have commented that you can get disabled ST elsewhere so your theory would be pretty ludicrous in that case.

Edit: And in what way do you need an adult to accompany two 14 year olds? As said it didnt stop him leaving them in the ground.

It's funny, as I've mentioned before I follow the Dolphins too, and read the local press down there in Miami all the time. They are openly critical all the time, they've questioned the ability of the owner, the head coach and other coaches, yet they've not be banned, still have their access and still get interviews with players. Like with NUFC and it's local press, there is little respect from the fans, but that's more for there opinions not being universally popular rather than them not expressing an opinion like our local press has for the longest time.

These two pieces are awful really but at least a step in the right direction.

It's funny, as I've mentioned before I follow the Dolphins too, and read the local press down there in Miami all the time. They are openly critical all the time, they've questioned the ability of the owner, the head coach and other coaches, yet they've not be banned, still have their access and still get interviews with players. Like with NUFC and it's local press, there is little respect from the fans, but that's more for there opinions not being universally popular rather than them not expressing an opinion like our local press has for the longest time.

These two pieces are awful really but at least a step in the right direction.

I suspect the NFL (and all American sports leagues) would have strict rules concerning accommodating the press for all of their clubs. If the Dolphins tried to ban hostile local press the commissioner would come down on them hard.

She knew that she was doing wrong. She can come over all innocent and play the disabled granny card but anyone who gets anything for being disabled knows fine well that it can't be shared with others. She got caught and now somehow has the nerve to go to the Chronicle. They probably would have told her to do one if they didn't have issues with the club currently.