Newcastle United 0 - 4 Spurs - 12/02/14 - Post-match reaction from page 36

Mike

Thick as two short planks.

Coming from the bloke who predicted a relegation battle in the summer and how we will be lucky to scrape to safety again :lol:

Yeah because we were sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo convincing last season. Oh wait all those signings we added in the summer!

But the person who is apparently is thick as two short planks along with a few others predicted a comfortable top 10 finish. My original prediction was 8th and i'm still happy to stick with that. Southampton are in good form but like every team their poor run will come back along sooner or later and we can still capitalize on that.

Don't think it was particularly that hard to look at last season, weigh it up sensibly and come out with the conclusion we aren't a relegation battling side and it may have been a one off. Many just looked at the negatives, thought about the 'excuses' but eventually brushed them off and thought with Pardew, we are doomed to near relegation once again. Hasn’t turned out that way and there was talk of top 6/4 with a good xmas period. Instead we f***ed our chances and are sadly cashing in on mid table mediocrity.

We’ve steadied the ship from last season and avoided any relegation talk which is about only positive to take from this season. Hopefully we can kick on over the summer but that’s down to Ashley to do so.

Brett I have won on the National a couple of times. I know fuck all about horses.

Guest reefatoon

Thick as two short planks.

Coming from the bloke who predicted a relegation battle in the summer and how we will be lucky to scrape to safety again :lol:

Yeah because we were sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo convincing last season. Oh wait all those signings we added in the summer!

But the person who is apparently is thick as two short planks along with a few others predicted a comfortable top 10 finish. My original prediction was 8th and i'm still happy to stick with that. Southampton are in good form but like every team their poor run will come back along sooner or later and we can still capitalize on that.

Don't think it was particularly that hard to look at last season, weigh it up sensibly and come out with the conclusion we aren't a relegation battling side and it may have been a one off. Many just looked at the negatives, thought about the 'excuses' but eventually brushed them off and thought with Pardew, we are doomed to near relegation once again. Hasn’t turned out that way and there was talk of top 6/4 with a good xmas period. Instead we f***ed our chances and are sadly cashing in on mid table mediocrity.

We’ve steadied the ship from last season and avoided any relegation talk which is about only positive to take from this season. Hopefully we can kick on over the summer but that’s down to Ashley to do so.

It's not comfortable at all though you numpty bollocks. We are in freefall or haven't you noticed?

We sealed top 10 about two month ago. Looking at them teams below us we would really have to f*** things up to blow that. I mean i know results lately have been woeful but i can't see that lasting rest of the season. Colo/Tiote/Remy are three massive players to have back in our side and will get some sort of spine back in the side.

We are three defeats away from dropping to 12th and the way we are shipping goals in, our goal difference is going to be no help at all.  There is absolutely no way we have sealed up a top 10 place yet.

Brett's happy to get arse-fucked off the mackems twice a season and rack up countless negative club records. Literally not bothered. Only reason he's not keen on Pardew is the team selection.

Exactly the type of dim football supporter I was talking about last night.

We are three defeats away from dropping to 12th and the way we are shipping goals in, our goal difference is going to be no help at all.  There is absolutely no way we have sealed up a top 10 place yet.

Reef, you have a habit of saying the worst but then overtime it doesn't work out as bad as you've made out. It doesn't sound much 3 losses and then we are there but you struggle to see the teams below us picking up them wins either because the league is so bad. I mean we destroyed West Ham then they win a couple of matches and shoot half way up the table. They'll soon get destroyed again by someone and take their slump. We are having our major slump but we will get out of it, i'm sure of that.

Brett's happy to get arse-f***ed off the mackems twice a season and rack up countless negative club records. Literally not bothered. Only reason he's not keen on Pardew is the team selection.

But he predicted a top half finish!

Top 8 finish  :pow:

I'm just not one of these fans who would swap our position for Sunderland's right now because they still have things to play for such as league cup final and a relegation battle.

I'm happy to watch Sunderland battling down there and looking like they are losing that battle along with a cup final against the best team in the land. They are probably having an exciting season i suppose but it's not worth the hassle. We had a canny cup run in Europe but it didn't hide away the fact how tragic that relegation battle really was. I want to be nowhere near that thing again.

Brett's happy to get arse-f***ed off the mackems twice a season and rack up countless negative club records. Literally not bothered. Only reason he's not keen on Pardew is the team selection.

But he predicted a top half finish!

Top 8 finish  :pow:

I'm just not one of these fans who would swap our position for Sunderland's right now because they still have things to play for such as league cup final and a relegation battle.

I'm happy to watch Sunderland battling down there and looking like they are losing that battle along with a cup final against the best team in the land. They are probably having an exciting season i suppose but it's not worth the hassle. We had a canny cup run in Europe but it didn't hide away the fact how tragic that relegation battle really was. I want to be nowhere near that thing again.

I'm just really not happy with our club to be honest. Our past 10 games paint a bleak picture.

I wouldn't want to swap positions, but I wouldn't mind swapping mindsets. Manager not doing well + the team quit on him? Sacked. Team playing like hell? Sign new players. Cup competition? Let's try and win it.

This was always the most likely outcome for this season, something in-between 5th and near relegation. Many people predicted it. The only reason it seems a lot worse is that the bad defeats have been recent. Get some players back, another couple of wins and we'll be back to average again.

I'm not saying that should make everyone feel fine BTW.

This was always the most likely outcome for this season, something in-between 5th and near relegation. Many people predicted it. The only reason it seems a lot worse is that the bad defeats have been recent. Get some players back, another couple of wins and we'll be back to average again.

Pathetic.

Pathetic.

Great contribution.

Pathetic.

Great contribution.

That one word was better than the paragraph you wrote.

How does it make you feel?

Not much, I don't like the lack of interest but I wouldn't trade it for an exciting relegation battle. The last few games make me feel shit, but in the wider scheme of things not much has changed.

Injuries have piled on the misery, I've always accept that Pardew is useless when the chips are down. Just hoping we get a few key players back and have a minor recovery.

Pathetic.

Great contribution.

Wasn't.

Pathetic.

:lol:

Pathetic.

Great contribution.

Wasn't.

:snod:

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Krul-Debuchy, MYM, Williamson, Haidara - Tiote, Sissoko, Marveaux - HBA, De Jong, Rémy.

Looks good on paper.

Gouffran for Marveaux

Guest hatem garrincha

Krul-Debuchy, MYM, Williamson, Haidara - Tiote, Sissoko, Marveaux - HBA, De Jong, Rémy.

Looks good on paper.

Aye, f***ing toilet paper.

:lol:

Sorry, thread's confusion.

We have no creativity in the side as Pardew opts not to select our only real creative player. Never mind points, it's hard to see where our next goal is coming from. I don't think it's outlandish to say we could easily be dragged into the shite.

We have no creativity in the side as Pardew opts not to select our only real creative player. Never mind points, it's hard to see where our next goal is coming from. I don't think it's outlandish to say we could easily be dragged into the shite.

We only need one more win all season to stay up. Not that's an achievement, but still.