Newcastle United 1 - 2 Swansea City - 19/4/14 - Post match reaction from page 27

Mike

Too tired to read the thread.

Didn't go today as cricket season has started so was playing (much more enjoyment than recent home games), can someone tell me how bad it was today in a few lines?

Didn't go today as cricket season has started so was playing (much more enjoyment than recent home games), can someone tell me how bad it was today in a few lines?

Ameobi on nufcTV: "We started off great but we've been hit by two late sucker punches at the end of each half, which is very frustrating."

;)

Ok, I get it. The right thing to do is show up, hope we win and everything will be alright. Cool. There's f*** all easy about not going, by the way.

I'm not saying it's easy to do. I think it's bang out of order to say you're doing it the right way though and those who turn up are wrong, especially if they show support to the team and don't chant against the regime.

You misunderstand. I have no problem per se with folk showing up provided they're making a stance against this utter garbage. Clearly, the best thing all round is for people to just stop going, though. That's the only way to move closer to a solution.

You're bang out of order for supporting these c***s.

Sadly Ronaldo is right.

I don't know if i heard this right but jeff stelling said after the game was finished that 16,000 season tickets have not been sold thus far.

Ouch, thats a big drop.

Sounds too good to be true

Sort of makes sense with pardew coming out and talking about making signings in the summer, they've quickly changed their tune of late.

Yea he did come out with some bullshit about being excited by potential signings but this is meaningless considering he didn't rate Tevez, Mascherano and seemingly Hatem too

Ameobi on nufcTV: "We started off great but we've been hit by two late sucker punches at the end of each half, which is very frustrating."

;)

Which I presume is utter bollocks and we were appalling from start to finish?

Put it this way during times of the match I stepped out into my garden many times to look at the plants. Watered them a bit.  Still didn't miss Shola scoring though.  Amazing afternoon really.

;)

Which I presume is utter bollocks and we were appalling from start to finish?

It certainly wasn't a 'great' start. Both teams started slowly then we got a goal when neither team looked like scoring. Was just a shit game all around. Even Swansea are a far cry away from the slick fluid passing side they used to be. I thought a draw would have been a fair result.

For about 2 or 3 minutes* it was like an U-13 game. The period where Shola fell flat on his arsehole, just wild hacking and punting of the ball back and forth, ridiculously shite.

*insert obvious joke here.

he's been poor lately, but gouffran plumbed new depths today in terms of both effort and quality. most of the time it seemed he didn't know what position he was meant to be playing.

and cisse on the wing....

Marvin Emnes took on Coloccini but just as the striker entered the area the chance seemed to have gone until Tiote dived in with a ridiculous challenge and stand-in ref Taylor had no choice but to point to the spot.

Eh? :lol:

Marvin Emnes took on Coloccini but just as the striker entered the area the chance seemed to have gone until Tiote dived in with a ridiculous challenge and stand-in ref Taylor had no choice but to point to the spot.

It seemed like that at the match, tbh. Was all a bit of a mess though with Colo's backing off.

It seemed like that at the match, tbh. Was all a bit of a mess though with Colo's backing off.

Emnes still had the ball, about 12 yards out, running straight at goal and Colo was nowhere. How can that possibly be the chance gone? Had read that earlier and expected Emnes to be running away from goal or something. Wasn't even 'ridiculous' from Tiote, he had to do something. He just got it wrong.

Not a shred of criticism for Alan Pardew on MOTD.  Cheers lads.

Bet they had nothing to say on our situation. Not exciting enough for MotD.

we are in the top half of the league, we should be happy where we are.  :(

Bet they had nothing to say on our situation. Not exciting enough for MotD.

They just said we were having a bad time of it, along the lines of:

Lineker (to Shearer): What's going on with your boys, 5 straight defeats in the Premier League for the first time?

Shearer: The fans up there have had nothing to shout about since the turn of the year, the team can't score goals and they can't defend.

Hansen: That's a bad combination LOL

That was it. :lol:

It's only 5 defeats off the bounce and 12 defeats in 17. They're mid-table, who gives a fuck? 13 points since Boxing Day, worst in the league, scored 10 and conceded 31.

They're comfortable in mid-table why even bother to do a bit of research and look at what's actually happening? It's fucking disgusting. :hmm: