Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I had my eyes open for the entire second half while our midfield was bossed by Dean Marney et al. He obviously gets a pass today for the corner and a great goal but its ridiculous just how often our midfield can be dominated by the most limited opposition. Give us a decent manager ffs.

And you're saying that Colback wouldn't be in any new managers' starting eleven?

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that our inability to control matches in midfield is a coaching problem rather than his fault. That's generous for gingersack.

I take it your partner isn't ginger then? Idiot!

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that our inability to control matches in midfield is a coaching problem rather than his fault. That's generous for gingersack.

I take it your partner isn't ginger then? Idiot!

I love this guy!  :lol:

Get a load of this guy!

Definitely related to Colback and Alnwick

Not at all. Not related, not even ginger. But I do want to see a Geordie lad do well for my club, and he's the best prospect we've got, at the moment, of doing that.

I just think that Colback is a Premiership quality midfielder, who we got for nothing, and I think that's a good deal.

I'm prepared to back my opinion over any other on here.

Guest firetotheworks

Get a load of this guy!

Not at all. Not related, not even ginger. But I do want to see a Geordie lad do well for my club, and he's the best prospect we've got, at the moment, of doing that.

I just think that Colback is a Premiership quality midfielder, who we got for nothing, and I think that's a good deal.

He replaced Cabaye who we sold for 20 million. By all accounts it was a shit deal.

He's exactly bang average at his absolute best and spends most of his time trying to get the ball back by chasing it around like a cocker spaniel.

Get a load of this guy!

but dislikes Pardew, hmmm.....

IMO, Colback is a good premiership midfielder, who we signed for nothing, Alnwick is a very young goalkeeper learning his trade, Pardew is a fraud of a football manager. Your point is???

Colback isn't a replacement for Cabaye, De Jong is, has everyone just forgot about him? Cabella is more of a replacement than Colback is. Colback is a replacement for Gosling, though in the long run I think he's going to end up being a replacement for Tiote.

Get a load of this guy!

He replaced Cabaye who we sold for 20 million. By all accounts it was a shit deal.

He's exactly bang average at his absolute best and spends most of his time trying to get the ball back by chasing it around like a cocker spaniel.

In your own tiny mind is Colback a replacement for Cabaye.

Average Premiership quality for nowt, I'll settle for that thanks. Oh, and he's a Geordie.

Get a load of this guy!

He replaced Cabaye who we sold for 20 million. By all accounts it was a s*** deal.

Average Premiership quality for nowt, I'll settle for that thanks. Oh, and he's a Geordie.

Mackem Wum?

Colback isn't a replacement for Cabaye, De Jong is, has everyone just forgot about him? Cabella is more of a replacement than Colback is. Colback is a replacement for Gosling, though in the long run I think he's going to end up being a replacement for Tiote.

So Colback who has been virtually ever present in the side this season is a replacement for Dan Gosling who had 5 league starts in 4 years?

Guest firetotheworks

Get a load of this guy!

In my own mind? :lol: Didn't realise that I'd been imagining him starting in Cabaye's position all season.

Why do you care if he was free? What difference does that make to you? :lol:

As for the Geordie bit, I went to school with the lad, he was at the Sunderland academy. Killingworth is entirely Newcastle fans, he wasn't 'a Geordie' when he was shushing the crowed and giving the '3-0' signs when he was at the mackems, was he? He can get fucked trying to play up the local lad bullshit. I like local players coming through but if they're no good, I couldn't give a shit. Carroll's the only decent local lad we've had in years anyway.

Guest firetotheworks

So Colback who has been virtually ever present in the side this season is a replacement for Dan Gosling who had 5 league starts in 4 years?

Stifler logic.

Well if you want dismiss the fact that De Jong has been out because of an injury since pre-season, and Cabella spends more time on his arse than doing anything else whilst he's on the pitch, and the fact that we had Pardew picking the team then go ahead.

Just because he's playing it doesn't mean he's Cabaye's replacement, he's not. If we were injury free then Colback should only be taking Tiote's spot.

If people want to hate Colback because he used to play for Sunderland or because he made a simple gesture after they beat us last season then go ahead, just don't make up that he's Cabaye's replacement as a reason to hate him because he's not.

Well if you want dismiss the fact that De Jong has been out because of an injury since pre-season, and Cabella spends more time on his arse than doing anything else whilst he's on the pitch, and the fact that we had Pardew picking the team then go ahead.

Just because he's playing it doesn't mean he's Cabaye's replacement, he's not. If we were injury free then Colback should only be taking Tiote's spot.

If people want to hate Colback because he used to play for Sunderland or because he made a simple gesture after they beat us last season then go ahead, just don't make up that he's Cabaye's replacement as a reason to hate him because he's not.

Not disputing the rest of your points but no way in hell was Colback a Gosling replacement

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, because you're never wrong. He was Cabaye's replacement, he's been playing IN Cabaye's position WITH Tiote, Cabella is quite obviously supposed to be Ben Arfa's replacement and De Jong is much more a forward.

I think he lacks heart when under pressure. Good when it's going for him. Saw him lose out to a ball in the second half and just walk back aimlessly through midfield as Burnley attacked our goal with everyone else scrambling.