Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The best midfield pairing I've seen in English football was probably Vieira and Petite. Both physically imposing, great tacklers and could bring the ball out and set up play easily. Put those two in place of Colback and Anita and you transform that side. Obviously those type of players only come along once in a while, but you could at least try and buy that type of midfielder rather than midfielders who concede the middle ground to the opposition.

The best midfield pairing I've seen in English football was probably Vieira and Petite. Both physically imposing, great tacklers and could bring the ball out and set up play easily. Put those two in place of Colback and Anita and you transform that side. Obviously those type of players only come along once in a while, but you could at least try and buy that type of midfielder rather than midfielders who concede the middle ground to the opposition.

Can't argue against having players like those, I admit. :lol:

We definitely need at least one beast in the midfield, not sure who it should be. Even someone like Capoue would have slotted in quite nicely.

Can't argue against having players like those, I admit. :lol:

We definitely need at least one beast in the midfield, not sure who it should be. Even someone like Capoue would have slotted in quite nicely.

Tiote in his first season made such a difference because he was that type of player even in his limited fashion. He's regressed badly since then, but it's no coincidence that his best games tended to come against the better teams. That's the replacement we are really crying out for and Colback and Anita are not the answer.

So he has admitted to pulling out of 50/50's against Norwich so he did not miss this game.  Says it all.

Where's he said this?  I wonder if he would have admitted this if we didn't win the game.  There was a couple of times where I was expecting him to dive in, or do his usual shirt pulling routine and he appeared to be resisting the urge to do so.

I wouldn't mind two real defensive midfielders if they could win some headers, get about the pitch and physically dominate the opposition.

Me neither, think it can be a decent system TBH. FWIW I think Anita could play alongside a genuine DM who can actually affect the game.

Yep, I'd love to see this. Sell Colback and Tiote and get a proper DM alongside Anita.

I wouldn't mind two real defensive midfielders if they could win some headers, get about the pitch and physically dominate the opposition.

Me neither, think it can be a decent system TBH. FWIW I think Anita could play alongside a genuine DM who can actually affect the game.

Yep, I'd love to see this. Sell Colback and Tiote and get a proper DM alongside Anita.

Personally, I would be happy to see Anita sitting behind a player like Shelvey. I think they would complement each other's style.

Guest firetotheworks

Avoiding stupid fouls is slightly different from pulling out of challenges TBF to the wanker.

It's nitpicking like but why would you specifically only avoid stupid fouls in one match? He's not the brightest.

I'm sure Pardew would happily spend some money on Colback if we wanted rid like. I'm just fairly sure we don't want rid.

More likely we'll try and ship Tiote and replace him with a bigger, more athletic midfielder who will play with Colback or Anita.

Avoiding stupid fouls is slightly different from pulling out of challenges TBF to the wanker.

It's nitpicking like but why would you specifically only avoid stupid fouls in one match? He's not the brightest.

Well yeah, it's not to say he's not thick as two short planks.

Not in a single moment of his Newcastle career has he impressed me, just wish he would be dropped from the starting 11 for once.

That shooting opportunity he had against Norwich man, he got the ball and it was so inevitable that he was going to mess it up.

Constant let down as a football player.

There was one moment which summed him up for me late in second half we were playing with a bit of confidence, Anita made a cracking tackle to get the ball back and him Sissoko, Wiji and Colo knocked it around in midfield, ball came to Colback and he did his usual of shitting himself and falling over losing possession and ruining a nice pass and go and move.

Guest firetotheworks

LOL very much nitpicking. A lot of battling CM's pick up a lot of yellow cards. And they often have to play it safer in games before a big match.

*bottling