Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

"Pathetic mess of his career"? Shit like this is why people like Pardew earn millions and laugh in our faces.

:lol: What? With his talent he should be playing Champions League football for a top club. In reality, the carcass of his promising career is rotting in Hull. Behind David Meyler in the pecking order. Pathetic mess is perfectly suitable.

Guest firetotheworks

I haven't googled it but I'd assume in terms of medals HBA would be in high end of our squad no? Maybe santon has more?

So would David May

Yeah and would you say may "made a mess of his career"

No but would you say shearer did?

:lol:

Where are you going with this? I'm not sure you really know.

"Pathetic mess of his career"? Shit like this is why people like Pardew earn millions and laugh in our faces.

:lol: What? With his talent he should be playing Champions League football for a top club. In reality, the carcass of his promising career is rotting in Hull. Behind David Meyler in the pecking order. Pathetic mess is perfectly suitable.

He's 27. Because Bruce and Pardew don't rate him doesn't mean he's finished.

I haven't googled it but I'd assume in terms of medals HBA would be in high end of our squad no? Maybe santon has more?

So would David May

Yeah and would you say may "made a mess of his career"

No but would you say shearer did?

:lol:

Where are you going with this? I'm not sure you really know.

Well basically I forgot where this started- but I think Ben arfa has slightly messed his career up like! Trophys or no trophys

I think the fact he's at Hull City at 27 says it all.

I think he overplayed his hand this summer and left it too late. He was expecting Pardew to go as was everyone else.  AC Milan have signed Taraabt ffs, you telling me there's nowhere in world but Hull for HBA?

Nonsense.

He's got talent out the arse.  Off the top off my head he's more talented than

Gerrard

Fletcher

Eriksen

Schneiderlin

Henderson

Sigurdsson

Sterling

Walcott

But every single one of those players is thriving or has thrived at a top club because they had the right attitude and commitment.  Talent alone does not make a good player.  Messi wouldn't be half the player he is if he didn't have the right mental attitude to succeed.

The mental aspect is just as important as the physical and technical skills.  If you don't have it you can have all the talent in the world but you'll never be a top player.

Why was he expecting Pardew to go before September 1st?

Can't answer you that, perhaps he thought he was at a real football club where in reality Pardew would have been gone months before, or that his turgid start might have hastened his departure.

But really, I have no idea.

He's got talent out the arse.  Off the top off my head he's more talented than

Gerrard

Fletcher

Eriksen

Schneiderlin

Henderson

Sigurdsson

Sterling

Walcott

But every single one of those players is thriving or has thrived at a top club because they had the right attitude and commitment.  Talent alone does not make a good player.  Messi wouldn't be half the player he is if he didn't have the right mental attitude to succeed.

The mental aspect is just as important as the physical and technical skills.  If you don't have it you can have all the talent in the world but you'll never be a top player.

:thup:

Shouldn't that have made him more inclined to value the short window of opportunity he has as a professional footballer?

Plenty have come back stronger and more appreciative of their careers because of it. We've seen the opposite of Ben Arfa.

Shouldn't that have made him more inclined to value the short window of opportunity he has as a professional footballer?

Plenty have come back stronger and more appreciative of their careers because of it. We've seen the opposite of Ben Arfa.

How so? When he came back he got his head down, worked hard and did what he was told. In fact weren't his two wonder goals post injury? And indeed the best football we've seen under Pardew?

Nah, he's gonna show you, Ste.  He's gonna get a deal at a top euro club and eclipse Ronaldo and Messi.  He'll leave us and we'll look and wonder why we ever let him go.

Or he might go to Turkey with Shola.