Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

"Lewis Nufc Roseby: have to say i was gutted to see him leave, but we've shown we dont need him"

"Peter Simpson: HA HA FATTIE WELCOME BACK ,,,SHUT YA FAT ARROGANT HOLE AND LEARN TO PASS THE BALL LEARN FROM ROLANDO AARONS ,,,,A RESPESCTFUL FOOTBALLER"

"Alex Reid: Interesting? He's a useless wanker. Always has been apart from the odd game."

"Jon Nugent: No smoke without fire. Being substituted after half an hour ain't just tactical mate. Plus he hasn't exactly been a regular starter has he."

So much :anguish:

Morons , but they have a point. I only saw him have about 3/4 consistently good games and I go to most

"Lewis Nufc Roseby: have to say i was gutted to see him leave, but we've shown we dont need him"

"Peter Simpson: HA HA FATTIE WELCOME BACK ,,,SHUT YA FAT ARROGANT HOLE AND LEARN TO PASS THE BALL LEARN FROM ROLANDO AARONS ,,,,A RESPESCTFUL FOOTBALLER"

"Alex Reid: Interesting? He's a useless wanker. Always has been apart from the odd game."

"Jon Nugent: No smoke without fire. Being substituted after half an hour ain't just tactical mate. Plus he hasn't exactly been a regular starter has he."

Morons , but they have a point. I only saw him have about 3/4 consistently good games and I go to most

What does that mean, "3/4 consistently good games?"

3 or 4 games where he played consistently well all the way through rather than just a spell in the game. Played the game correctly and worked as a team player with obviously his personal skills used to their best when needed

"Alex Reid: Interesting? He's a useless w*****. Always has been apart from the odd game."

3 or 4 games where he played consistently well all the way through rather than just a spell in the game. Played the game correctly and worked as a team player with obviously his personal skills used to their best when needed

Was such a shame he wasn't a grafter like Gouffran.

"Alex Reid: Interesting? He's a useless w*****. Always has been apart from the odd game."

What a load of crap tgarve.

Was such a shame he wasn't a grafter like Gouffran.

I didn't say anything about being a grafter - I hate gouffran! I loved watching Ben arfa play... He just was inconsistent and a lot of games didn't contribute

He really didn't have that many good games.

3 or 4 you reckon?

Think Laurent Robert had zero. :(

He did try hard vs Man Yoo, when you look at the game all Hull players was so poor in the middle of the park, keep losing the ball (on centre), hull didn't play wide at all... His moment mistake is lapse of concentration (or 1 lazy moment) on Valencia. When the game started, his position was behind jelavic, no way he can cover whole lot of left side of the park. If brucey blaming all the fault of team poor performance vs ManYoo to ben arfa. It doesn't seem fair (scapegoat).

Seems canny unfair to have a go at a flair player for not performing for 90 minutes when the manager has explicitly instructed the entire team to bore everyone into a coma every single game until at least an hour has gone, but maybe that's just me.

Thank God we've got Colback. There's a lad who can consistently bore everyone to tears as per his manager's instructions.

Bit of a joke, like. He's 9 years younger and more naturally talented than Frank Lampard. Look at where their respective careers are now. That's the difference having a set of balls makes.

Fuck me, you seriously don't believe this do you? Joey Barton has a "set of balls" as well and has had a nothing career for the most part. Lampard is way more gifted than Ben Arfa, stop throwing around cliches.

To reference "House of Pain" the Cream of the crop, usually rise to the top.

Joey Barton. :lol: Joey Barton is a shoddy excuse for an athlete with a decent right peg, no temperament, who probably lacked anything like the right application until he realised his career was going nowhere in his late 20s. That's why he's had a nothing career.

Yeah, that 'cream' is generally comprised of talent, a bit of luck, and the balls to make the sacrifices to bring it all together. Lampard spent most of his late teens on West Ham's bench or in the reserves; at that age Ben Arfa was starting for Lyon, on the verge of playing for France and being talked about as a huge talent who'd eventually light up the world stage. If you're dumb enough to think the reason the former has had such an hugely superior career is talent, fair play. I'm not.

3 or 4 you reckon?

Where he played well all game yes. Maybe 10-15 decent games overall. And yes it is hard to judge a flair player like that but for example-- and I know it's the extreme aguero/ Suarez play well pretty much 1 in 2 or more.

He just could have been so much more and it's frustrating! Loved watching him play

:lol: How many players in recent years have you seen have a lot of consistently good games if that's your definition?  Let's exclude defenders and goalkeepers.

Not many at Newcastle

So what you on about then? :lol: Surely you judge him against the alternatives.

:lol: How many players in recent years have you seen have a lot of consistently good games if that's your definition?  Let's exclude defenders and goalkeepers.

Not many at Newcastle

I was giving my view on him.

Not many at Newcastle

I was giving my view on him.

Versus players that are too good for Newcastle?

I hate Perez, he's nowhere near as good as Messi was at that age.

I'm saying if your view of someone having a good game is performing impeccably in both attack and defence for 90 minutes and Ben Arfa only had 3-4 such games then it's a pointless point to make if you're saying the same goes for most other NUFC players.

The average time with the ball for a player in a game is less than two minutes, and frequently much less depending on position. We talk about players being fantastic all day but that's bollocks really, it's what they do in those brief moments with the ball that matters, and moreso with pure attacking wide players like HBA.

If you're saying that a game like Bolton at home, which was fairly dire across the board until Ben Arfa does something extraordinary late on, is evidence that he's not able to influence games consistently, that to me is a completely warped view of the way football works. Productivity in attacking areas trumps everything else when you play in that position. Given the consistently negative tactics, some of the players he's had to play with, the fact he was usually only given 3 or 4 games at a time and generally only about 15 games a season, his productivity at NUFC has been extremely impressive.

Bit of a joke, like. He's 9 years younger and more naturally talented than Frank Lampard. Look at where their respective careers are now. That's the difference having a set of balls makes.

f*** me, you seriously don't believe this do you? Joey Barton has a "set of balls" as well and has had a nothing career for the most part. Lampard is way more gifted than Ben Arfa, stop throwing around cliches.

To reference "House of Pain" the Cream of the crop, usually rise to the top.

Joey Barton. :lol: Joey Barton is a shoddy excuse for an athlete with a decent right peg, no temperament, who probably lacked anything like the right application until he realised his career was going nowhere in his late 20s. That's why he's had a nothing career.

Yeah, that 'cream' is generally comprised of talent, a bit of luck, and the balls to make the sacrifices to bring it all together. Lampard spent most of his late teens on West Ham's bench or in the reserves; at that age Ben Arfa was starting for Lyon, on the verge of playing for France and being talked about as a huge talent who'd eventually light up the world stage. If you're dumb enough to think the reason the former has had such an hugely superior career is talent, fair play. I'm not.

Ben Arfa is a gifted dribbler no doubt but so are Victor Moses, Gael Kakuta, Marko Marin, Adel Taarabt and all the other players of their ilk that were hyped up at an early age . In terms of finishing, shooting technique, intelligence, passing, vision, ball retention, movement etc HBA is streets behind Lampard.

You don't get to have the career Frank Lampard did through just hard work and sheer luck, he was just naturally gifted. Lampard through his West Ham spell alone had as many career goals as HBA has right now which speaks volumes.

This idea Lampard was a random plodder that got where he was because he spent more hours than most on a training ground needs to stop.