Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

If Ginola was picked for the team based on his attitude in training he'd never of played a game for anyone.

Steve howey was on total sport the other night saying ginola worked hard in training.

Well either Rob Lee or Howey is spouting shit then. I wonder which.

The biggest waste of talent in french football history.

What a fucking shame :)

Not but related but what a fucking shame that Laurent Robert and David Ginola only have 26 French caps between them.

Because they are overrated by us probably?

Guest hatem garrincha

The biggest waste of talent in french football history.

What a f***ing shame :)

Not but related but what a f***ing shame that Laurent Robert and David Ginola only have 26 French caps between them.

Ginola was scapegoated by the entire country after France defeat against Bulgaria for the WC in USA.

Also, his bad relationship with Cantona didn't help him to play more regularly with the national team.

Agree with you, Ginola didn't have the international career his immense talent deserved.

All Ben Arfa wants to do is play good attacking football, roaming around in attack waiting for the ball so he can run at people and score amazing goals.

The difference in talent between him and Gouffran is World's apart,but because Gouffran defends (albeit poorly) he's deemed as the better footballer.

Unbelievable.

Guest hatem garrincha

Probably not.

Well if it makes u feel better- underrated by the french

Robert yes. Not Ginola. Cantona didn't want to play with him

Guest firetotheworks

Never have I seen a player present the illusion of graft more than Gouffran, like. Jonas was useless and didn't do much defensively either towards the end, but at times he was useful, and was genuinely good at providing defensive cover up until 2012. Gouffran just looks like he does it, but he doesn't, at all. He's an empty suit of a player pretty much all the time.

Guest hatem garrincha

All Ben Arfa wants to do is play good attacking football, roaming around in attack waiting for the ball so he can run at people and score amazing goals.

The difference in talent between him and Gouffran is World's apart,but because Gouffran defends (albeit poorly) he's deemed as the better footballer.

Unbelievable.

Hatem is not Pro.

If Ginola was picked for the team based on his attitude in training he'd never of played a game for anyone.

Steve howey was on total sport the other night saying ginola worked hard in training.

Aye he was and he said if he didn't work he was told to in no uncertain terms and took on board the criticism and knuckled down.

Unbelievable.

And yet with all that talent, HBA can't adhere to even the most basic rules of being a "professional" footballer. He's not Messi ffs. People should put their hatred for Pardew aside for one second and judge this lad on his consistent behaviour with a number of managers.

It's a shame but that's the way it is.

Unbelievable.

But he has got a terrible attitude, for all his talent (and I loved watching him at his best), he was so inconsistent, didn't look arsed, wasn't making runs to receive the ball and often sat behind the Full back. He thought he was a number 10 and just isn't capable of playing there because his movement is not good enough.

Now that's not to say I would have Gouffran instead of him but people really need to stop the Ben Arfa love in, he performed once in a while and was great for you tube clips, other times he was just fucking frustrating - you could argue we did not setup right in an attacking sense, but even when he had chances he failed to deliver all too often.

You could hope that an attacking manager would turn him round but I don't think it's going to happen, he just doesn't have the right attitude or drive, he probably had the capacity to be as good as the top players but he lacked those 2 attributes that set the likes of Ronaldo, Bale, Messi, Suarez apart.

Unbelievable.

And yet with all that talent, HBA can't adhere to even the most basic rules of being a "professional" footballer. He's not Messi ffs. People should put their hatred for Pardew aside for one second and judge this lad on his consistent behaviour with a number of managers.

Any specifics on what he does or doesn't do right?

Unbelievable.

Any specifics on what he does or doesn't do right?

His movement is not that great, always waits for the ball to come to him rather than making space for players, despite having the talent to take players on and create he all to often didn't really bother and his attitude seems a bit shit, plus he was a right fat cunt by the time he left us.

I dont know what goes on in the background so cant comment on why he has fell out with managers in the past etc.

But from what I have seen he is a great player who gives his all... Not the best defensively or physically but does try and get back (most of the time).  He was always looking for the ball... moving into space....taking people on?

He was our most talented player by far.

Such a shame!! my opinion.

Guest firetotheworks

Wouldn't have Gouffran over him (as a winger) but without doubt I would have Cabella, Aarons and possibly Sammy over him.

:lol:

James opinion is James opinion.

I can't really remember a time in his entire career here where he was given a fair chance to play regularly and build his performances. People seem to forget just how talented he is, possibly the most talented player we've ever had.

There must be some truth in his attitude problems I suppose, it's frustrating not knowing what actually goes on. To me it seems like a manager should just put him out every week and let him do his thing regardless, but I know professional sport can't really work like that.

Overall it's just a massive loss because he is the kind of player we all love and has the talent to be one of the very best. And also, we've given his chances to massively inferior players who don't make the side any better anyway.

Guest firetotheworks

FWIW, I worked this out the other week for all these '1 game in 10' idiots. Gouffran and Sissoko's stats are slightly out as a result, but neither have scored since, so if anything it's doing them a favour. Mata's is out as well because he's scored against Liverpool since this.

HBA (48 starts)

1 goal per 3.5 PL starts

1 assist per 4 PL starts

Gouffran (56 starts)

1 goal per 6 PL starts

1 assist per PL 14 starts

Obertan (26 starts)

1 goal per 13 PL starts

1 assist per 4 PL starts

R. Taylor (31 starts)

1 goal per 10 PL starts

1 assist per 6 PL starts

Sissoko (61 starts)

1 goal per 8 PL starts

1 assist per 7 PL starts

...and now just for fun, compare him to an undoubtedly world class player, about the same age, playing in the same position, dropped for apparently not tracking back and being lazy, recently sold for £37 million.

Juan Mata (96 starts)

1 goal per 3.5 PL starts

1 assist per 3 PL starts.