Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

I have taken younger kids to watch games on a couple of occasions, and I must have hit lucky that Ben Arfa had stormers in some of those. Took a couple of nephews from Scotland to a game where he ran from the halfway line taking out 3 defenders before sticking it in the net and the roof came off the place. Those two were hooked for life.

:thup:

Players like Ben Arfa are why we all become fans in the first place. The players who do things the rest of can't do, that thrill us, inspire us and most of all bring excitement and passion to the game. Even last year when Ben Arfa was supposedly the root of all our problems (in Pardew's eyes, and in the eyes of the sheep who follow him), any time he got the ball the entire atmosphere in SJP picked up. A murmur goes around the stadium and people get up on their feet in anticipation.

Nobody falls in love with football because of good organization or a solid defensive shape. No kids are gonna watch Gouffran tracking back and say to their dad 'I wanna be like him when I grow up' and then rush down the park as soon as they can to try and imitate it.

He had his faults of course, and that isn't to say he should necessarily have been playing every game because of course you have to be pragmatic and tactically astute as well if you want to win games but I will never understand why fans would actually turn on him like they have.

The hell is the point of sports if you can't have a guy like this in the team.

Exactly :thup:

Talented players are dicks. It happens. Not having him in the team because of that is an indication that winning isn't everything.

Which makes even less sense when in the context of Newcastle United.

The hell is the point of sports if you can't have a guy like this in the team.

Exactly :thup:

Talented players are dicks. It happens. Not having him in the team because of that is an indication that winning isn't everything.

Which makes even less sense when in the context of Newcastle United.

This isn't a club that wants to win. Winning means nothing to NUFC. Stay up, TV money. Fill the stadium, get as many eyes looking at those Sports Direct signs.

This work ethic stuff is hilarious to me :lol:

He's a forward, you are not supposed to have him track back constantly in his own half because it's ineffective.

Look at all the best teams, hell even just good teams they don't make their forwards (centre or wide) track back into his own half the way Pardew made him.

They make them press from the front, but once it gets past their zone it becomes the midfields problem and so on. Most teams defend like that now.

Not like Ben Arfa never did that, I don't want Ben Arfa defending deep inside his own half anyway he's shit at it. He should be nowhere near his own box, he's a danger to the team like most forwards are.

For some reason, one moment that sticks out for me is a game against stoke (I think). Cross field ball to him, as its dropping most would bring it down in the usual standard style, hba decides to trap in as its about to hit the ground. Sounds shit and boring but the technique was ridiculous. Sure there's a video somewhere.

Guest firetotheworks

Also check "Ben Arfa the Maverick One" on Dailymotion

:lol: Nah. I can't. I have to let him go. We had the right team, and the wrong man in charge. We'll be mad about it for a long time.

At one point in time this was our potential team, Mike.

Krul

Debuchy

Yanga-Mbiwa

Coloccini

Santon

Anita

Cabaye

Sissoko

Ben Arfa

Cisse

Remy

:sweetjesus: to :okay: to :jesuswept: to :angry: :anguish:

IT'S ANGRY ANGUISH!

He's a forward, you are not supposed to have him track back constantly in his own half because it's ineffective.

Look at all the best teams, hell even just good teams they don't make their forwards (centre or wide) track back into his own half the way Pardew made him.

They make them press from the front, but once it gets past their zone it becomes the midfields problem and so on. Most teams defend like that now.

Not like Ben Arfa never did that, I don't want Ben Arfa defending deep inside his own half anyway he's shit at it. He should be nowhere near his own box, he's a danger to the team like most forwards are.

Used to do my fucking head in when he'd be "tracking back" and pick the ball up on the corner of our own box. What a fucking waste of time.

Also check "Ben Arfa the Maverick One" on Dailymotion

:lol: Nah. I can't. I have to let him go. We had the right team, and the wrong man in charge. We'll be mad about it for a long time.

At one point in time this was our potential team, Mike.

Krul

Debuchy

Yanga-Mbiwa

Coloccini

Santon

Anita

Cabaye

Sissoko

Ben Arfa

Cisse

Remy

:sweetjesus: to :okay: to :jesuswept: to :angry: :anguish:

IT'S ANGRY ANGUISH!

:lol: There is no reason whatsoever to think on it. We had a shot and we missed it. We didn't get beat, we decided not to compete. Can only hope tomorrow is better.

For some reason, one moment that sticks out for me is a game against stoke (I think). Cross field ball to him, as its dropping most would bring it down in the usual standard style, hba decides to trap in as its about to hit the ground. Sounds s*** and boring but the technique was ridiculous. Sure there's a video somewhere.

There is on YT its insane

You know the name?

Guest firetotheworks

That team though Mike, that team could have gone somewhere, it really could have. They are all very good players, all of them.

That team though Mike, that team could have gone somewhere, it really could have. They are all very good players, all of them.

:lol: It wouldn't have gone anywhere because it would have been Krul booting high balls to Cisse for 90 minutes.

For some reason, one moment that sticks out for me is a game against stoke (I think). Cross field ball to him, as its dropping most would bring it down in the usual standard style, hba decides to trap in as its about to hit the ground. Sounds s*** and boring but the technique was ridiculous. Sure there's a video somewhere.

You know the name?

Ben Arfa Control Vs. Stoke

Not like Ben Arfa never did that, I don't want Ben Arfa defending deep inside his own half anyway he's s*** at it. He should be nowhere near his own box, he's a danger to the team like most forwards are.

Used to do my f***ing head in when he'd be "tracking back" and pick the ball up on the corner of our own box. What a f***ing waste of time.

Only to get a load of shit from the crowd when he lost it.

Not like Ben Arfa never did that, I don't want Ben Arfa defending deep inside his own half anyway he's s*** at it. He should be nowhere near his own box, he's a danger to the team like most forwards are.

Usually, when you are playing as a winger, it´s your job to follow the fullback if he advances. If you are not doing that, it usually mean 2 v 1 situation on your flank.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: It wouldn't have gone anywhere because it would have been Krul booting high balls to Cisse for 90 minutes.

Ah nah, obviously I mean if between the years 2011 and 2015 we'd had a manager and not an actual cunt.

You know the name?

Ben Arfa Control Vs. Stoke

:sweetjesus:

:jesuswept:

Ah nah, obviously I mean if between the years 2011 and 2015 we'd had a manager and not an actual cunt.

:lol: But we didn't, KI. This was our shot. This week. They called him back to fire him. That's who we support.

He has been my favourite player ever since he came here. He directly influenced by own game when I played as well :lol:

I'm so glad I got to see his goal at Fulham, I went completely beserk. He's gona be one of the players I tell my kids about in years to come, he's the reason we go to matches.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: But we didn't, KI. This was our shot. This week. They called him back to fire him. That's who we support.

Oh God, no. :(

I'm going to spend years beating myself up over that team like.

Usually, when you are playing as a winger, it´s your job to follow the fullback if he advances. If you are not doing that, it usually mean 2 v 1 situation on your flank.

That's Pardew's fault for playing a flat 442, he's not a winger in a traditional sense so doesn’t have the same tendencies.

He was great as a Right Forward in a 433 because of the reasons mentioned many times before and the fact he didn't need to hold his full backs hands.

I genuinely wonder who impersonated Pardew during that month as it clearly wasn't him.