Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Only player who stood up to pardew and spoke up when we were doing shit. Eventually saw him off as well, hero in my eyes

Don't be so stupid, man.  :lol:

Bore off pal

Not so long back Hatem had his tail between his legs defending Pardew and encouraging the fans to get behind him which obviously poured cold water on the Out campaign. Yet here you are pretending he's played a major part in Pardew's departure. You badly need to get in the real fucking world, man.

Really sad about this. Criminally underused.

I really hoped he would play a blinder for a forward thinking manager this next six months, get a years extension to his contract and we'd play entertaining, intelligent football using him, De Jong, Cabella and Perez - would have been so promising. This present NUFC, are the antithesis of the Keegan era - they really are destroyers of dreams.

One of the only reasons why I bothered tuning into games over the past four years of dross was to watch this magician at work, even if it was just for a five minute cameo. He suited us, and we suited him.

He provided us with that tiny smidgen of hope, in an era when it was lost for many.

The player with the greatest 'potential' and natural ability certainly, in my 20 years supporting the club.

Will miss him hugely.

Only player who stood up to pardew and spoke up when we were doing shit. Eventually saw him off as well, hero in my eyes

Don't be so stupid, man.  :lol:

Bore off pal

Not so long back Hatem had his tail between his legs defending Pardew and encouraging the fans to get behind him which obviously poured cold water on the Out campaign. Yet here you are pretending he's played a major part in Pardew's departure. You badly need to get in the real fucking world, man.

Ironically, he was being professional.

Horrendous that we didn't see more of him in a Newcastle shirt.

As been said many times, if he was the full package then he would never have been at NUFC, but he's the kind of player you pay the ticket price to see play. I'll have fond memories. Many.

Just one massive shame. Gutting.

My mate whose friends with one of the players quotes that player as saying he was as a complete and utter arsehole around training and in general but then that's just from one player.

Was he quoting Elliott?

My mate whose friends with one of the players quotes that player as saying he was as a complete and utter arsehole around training and in general but then that's just from one player.

Given he's fallen out with pretty much every club he's ever been at, there may be some truth to that.

Given he's fallen out with pretty much every club he's ever been at, there may be some truth to that.

No shit  :lol:

Guest exiledmag

Pardew saw through him, the back room staff saw through him, the dressing room saw through him, Steve Bruce saw through him and the fact that he was got rid of before he even got to Christmas suggests the rest of Hull FC agreed with Bruce and NUFC.

Of course them lot only have professional qualifications and first hand experience of having to deal with him on a day to day basis to make an informed judgement.

Bags of talent, bereft of any sort of work ethic, not what any club needs - unless of course you think we should start every game with just 10 people on the pitch.

Pardew saw through him, the back room staff saw through him, the dressing room saw through him, Steve Bruce saw through him and the fact that he was got rid of before he even got to Christmas suggests the rest of Hull FC agreed with Bruce and NUFC.

Of course them lot only have professional qualifications and first hand experience of having to deal with him on a day to day basis to make an informed judgement.

Bags of talent, bereft of any sort of work ethic, not what any club needs - unless of course you think we should start every game with just 10 people on the pitch.

I forgot that everyone hear don't actually watch games like, how could we possibly know how Ben Arfa played.  Should just accept whatever anyone behind the scenes decides even if they are mongs like Pardew and Bruce because no doubt we  as fans aren't qualified to judge a players performance or effect on our team :lol:

Get a fucking grip man you sound like a total sheep.  What is it that you think every club needs BTW?  People who run around a lot and produce fuck all like Gouffran?, is that not playing with 10 men?

Ah well. Some great memories of his play here, including some of the best goals I've ever seen live. Pretty clearly a nutcase but if it wasn't for that I'd have never seen him play for us at all.

Hope he does well there, but ultimately I don't really care any more. What he did/does after leaving won't tarnish what he did in a black and white shirt, despite some apparently wanting it to.