Your summer transfer wish list

Stifler

That Klaassen looks very handy.

If people are turning their noses up at Morrison due to his past behaviour then Arnautovic cannot possibly be an option either.

We are fucked aren't we?

We either take games on the Morrison's of this world and we've seen historically that these don't tend to work out for us.

Or we lower our standards and look at more workmanlike options which will lead to us being dull and placid.

I'm still looking for those silver linings.

Indeed. I understand why some/most would want to avoid Morrison, though I can't remember him being in any trouble for a few years now.

He has a lot going for him if we were to gamble on him. He's exciting, creative, young and can score goals. He's also cheap and we've been in for him before under Pardew.

Guest bimpy474

I hear ravel had a kid, got his haircut similarly so now he looks like more-his-son

I think that's enough now.

I hear ravel had a kid, got his haircut similarly so now he looks like more-his-son

It should be. ST's really pushing his luck here, might abuse some moderating powers.

........yet I want more. :megusta:

This please...

Newcastle in for Manchester City TRIO
Date: 18th May 2014 at 9:15 am
Written by: Tom Jones | Comments (0)

Sinclair and RodwellThe Express is reporting that Newcastle United will make a move to sign Manchester City outcast Jack Rodwell this summer, with the former Everton star looking to kick start his career again.

The 23-year-old has struggled to make his mark in the north-west, partly due to the strength of City’s squad, but also due to the injuries suffered by the young England international.
Rodwell played less than 10 times for the Premier League champions last season, but the defensive midfielder still has much to offer to a top flight team.
Signed for £12 million two years ago, City will look to recoup as much of that as they can and a return to Roberto Martinez’s Everton could well be on the cards.
With Man City being recently hit by the UEFA Financial Fair Play rules, it is not just Rodwell that Newcastle are eyeing up, with Micah Richards and Scott Sinclair also of interest.
If Rodwell’s career has stalled, then Richards’s has go into reverse and Sinclair’s has gone so far backwards that not even a loan spell at West Brom could change its course.
This Man City trio tick Alan Pardew’s buy British box for this summer, but will the north-east prove to be an attractive destination for any of these outcasts?

As good as Rodwell is, he is injury prone, will cost a fair whack, is probably on a very high wage and is his position is probably the last we need.

Sweet, him and 3 left backs then.

Guest bimpy474

No

Fair enough.

Reet, so I'm not that arsed about who we actually do bring in given my current enthusiasm levels but thought I'd throw some names out rather than just shitting on other people's suggestions.

Jordy Clasie from Feyenoord would be my first shout for a Cabaye replacement, given that he's the closest thing I've seen to him this season. He's only 22, has 2 years left on his current deal, is in a league we'll be aware of and is pushing for a starting place at the World Cup this summer. Plays the game very similar to Cabaye, albeit from a deeper role, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're well aware of him. May need another year or two in the Eredivisie, but seems to have everything to his game bar perhaps stamina from what I've seen.

Jean-Paul Boetius and Tonny Vilhena from the same club may also be worth a look, the former being a 20-year-old flying winger who can play on either side and the latter a mobile left-footed central midfielder. He's only 19, though, so both may be too young to make the jump so soon, Unbelievable will be better placed than me to comment on all three, but I've seen Feyenoord a decent number of times this season and they've always caught the eye.

Davy Klaassen from Ajax is 21 and has a lot of Kevin Nolan traits about him. Could see him getting goals if given the same sort of freedom he has now, but not entirely convinced about his all-round game aside from that. He wouldn't be the most inspiring signing but can see him having a decent career.

I really like Ezequiel Schelotto, who is owned by Inter but has spent all season out on loan, but he may be too Jonas-like for a lot on here. He's better technically, though shares the "El Galgo" moniker due to his style. Would be right up our street in terms of "hard-working wide man".

From closer to home I've already mentioned Oussama Assaidi and Marko Arnautovic before, the former we'd probably have more chance of landing than the latter, but both would be players who could bring some extra creativity and invention. Jordan Mutch may be another one to take a punt on, given the season he's had, plus the fact his contract seems to be up next year. Good fantasy league player but is actually impressive in terms of his all-round play and is still young.

The only serious suggestions I could make from the SPL would be Charlie Mulgrew and Virgil van Dijk from Celtic, but I highly doubt the former would come here to be a bit-part player and the latter appears to have a lot going for him but the quality in the division is so poor it's difficult to tell if he's the real deal or not.

Finally I'll hoy Majeed Waris out there as well, for a livewire striking option. Not getting enough minutes at Spartak Moscow and has done well on loan at Valenciennes since the turn of the year, scoring 9/16. Only 22, should be heavily involved for Ghana this summer and it could be a good time to get him with his confidence high and form good.

s*** away, folks. :lol:

Some good shouts sir. I like Boetius especially, good pace and technique and a cool head for such a tender age. Wouldn't be surprised if Van Gaal gave him pitch time in Brazil. Vilhena is promising as well, but very inconsistent still, and I think he still needs to find his best position. Jordy Clasie has not really kicked on from last season, but is also a very interesting prospect. I'm not convinced he's physically and technically strong enough for the Premier League, especially as the Cabaye replacement, but one to watch. On the subject of (ex) Feyenoord players, I wouldn't mind Fer from relegated Norwich. Has adapted to the league reasonably well and has an eye for goal. Klaassen I'm not sure about at all, doesn't seem to have any redeeming qualities.

Might I show you our wares? Fire sale! Everything must go!

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140519/fc-barcelona/el-barca-tiene-a-catorce-jugadores-entre-bajas-seguras-y-transferibles_54407054847.html

World champions, European champions, loads of internationals - get yours before it's too late!

El Barça podría dar hasta 14 bajas de cara a la próxima temporada.

Something about 14 hasty badgers named Cara with a nasty temper?

Stopped reading when I got to the bit with the guy with 14 anuses and I realised I didn't know any Spanish.