Fans Forum Minutes - Spoiler: Same old s***

Guest ManDoon

Just want to make one point very clear: We're not dead. We're in a coma or in cryo-sleep or whatever, but as soon as these fucks leaves us, we'll all be there. We're bigger than these utter cunts.

Whilst I agree, I'm getting to the point where I'm wondering if I'll ever feel the same about it. They've just taken the edge off. I know that this could always happen with the next owner, and the one after that. Not sure what I'm really even supporting. This club isn't representative of the city any more, I know that much.

CF: "Do the club not think it is worth a cup run next season?"

The board outlined research into Premier League clubs in relation to domestic cup competitions in the last five years, with Swansea City the only club outside the traditional top six to win a domestic cup and not be relegated in the same season (Birmingham and Wigan Athletic were both relegated). Independent research into the cost of relegation over the past ten years showed there is a 50% chance of not gaining promotion back to the top flight and a 30% chance of being relegated to League One or further. In addition, if clubs do return to the Premier League, it takes four years on average.

Sadly, the latter would be enough to convince the match-goer buying into that in its entirety.

I'm starting to get romantic memories of f***ing Shepherd now. He was an idiot, but i'm sure he actually had some ambition, and I felt like something could be around the corner.

Appalling stuff, those minutes.

I want to fight it though, not accept it, NUFC are, and always have been, important to me.

I'm starting to get romantic memories of f***ing Shepherd now. He was an idiot, but i'm sure he actually had some ambition, and I felt like something could be around the corner.

Appalling stuff, those minutes.

I want to fight it though, not accept it, NUFC are, and always have been, important to me.

Shepherd?  I'm having wistful thoughts about Gordon McKeag

Shepherd has much a greedy fucking cretin he was at least you knew he wanted us to be successful. At least during his era we dreamed that we could win things. Surely that what sport is all about. Maybe you know what your ceiling is but you strive to beat that. Look at the World Cup most Of England supporters and players/officials/management know the likelihood is they won't win the thing yet they will go to Brazil with the intention of winning. Hodgson has said he's unwilling to put a target of where they would be happy to reach because he is aiming to win it. Ok deep down heart on heart he probably thinks it will take some to win it but he is going out that and trying to inspire his players and legions of football fans. What do our board set out to do? What are they hoping to achieve, to get us all excited that we are going to pass financial fair play? Look at the rollercoster the Mackems were on last season. Yes they flirted with relegation far too closely but it was a memorable season for them, they tuned us twice. They went to Wembley and came close to winning a major trophy, they had another good cup run. When everybody told them that they were fucked, they believed and push hard to stay up. Who had the more memorable season maybe they were a lot of negatives in there but they tried, they tried to win things..

Someone mentioned apathy, it's a horrible way to feel about the club you've loved for so long. But I understand why fully..

I think Im going to detach myself,  not only from Newcastle United but English football full stop. I'll still enjoy the odd Classico but football in this country isn't anything like the game I grew up with , was.

Guest ManDoon

Problem is, loads of people will. And that's what they know and hence why they continue to treat everyone with contempt

I'm done with these unambitious fuckers ruining the club I love. From next season I shall be getting my football fix from Motherwell FC. I will not be putting any of my money into NUFC until these fuckers are long gone. The club is just a soulless entity ran by complete amateurs who know nothing about football. Every single senior employee of NUFC would struggle to get a job elsewhere in the same capacity they are in at NUFC. Incompetent arseholes the lot of them

Problem is, loads of people will. And that's what they know and hence why they continue to treat everyone with contempt

The penny will eventually drop.  I know its been 8 years but it will eventually drop.

Guest ManDoon

The penny will eventually drop.  I know its been 8 years but it will eventually drop.

I've thought that but I'm not sure anymore. The club have explicitly told them that they aren't interested. If that isn't enough then Ashley is literally going to have say all Geordies are cunts. He's already took the piss out of KK and Shearer and no one blinked.

I've thought that but I'm not sure anymore. The club have explicitly told them that they aren't interested. If that isn't enough then Ashley is literally going to have say all Geordies are c***s. He's already took the p*ss out of KK and Shearer and no one blinked.

Maybe ashley knows his market well, give nufc fans regular prem football, convince them that we cant compete and he can still fill the stadium.

Guest ManDoon

I've thought that but I'm not sure anymore. The club have explicitly told them that they aren't interested. If that isn't enough then Ashley is literally going to have say all Geordies are c***s. He's already took the p*ss out of KK and Shearer and no one blinked.

Maybe ashley knows his market well, give nufc fans regular prem football, convince them that we cant compete and he can still fill the stadium.

He does. What he knows is that people will turn up regardless. He changed the name of the stadium and people still went. He can do what he wants and there will still be "support the lads" types who will go anyway

I think the dissatisfaction has started to take root.  Unless by some fluke we go onto have a great season, play attractive football and manage to bring in a couple of exciting players, the discontent will come to the fore sooner rather than later.  There may not be a significant drop in attendances initially but they will start to drop in time.

Their negative attitude will become a self-fulfilling prophesy.  By saying that we can't compete with Southampton and Stoke, it will be West Ham and Leicester next season as we drop down the table and then the following season it will be other teams and before too long we will be perennial relegation strugglers.  How on earth do they think they will be able to attract decent players with their stated lack of ambition?  Certainly not the right type of players that will enhance the team.

Guest chopey

It makes you wonder, with that being the objective, how deliberate was that 2nd half of the season

we won 4 1 at hull and pardew was so mad he nutted a player and got banned for 7 games so you could have a point

If we get a home draw in the League Cup, you can guarantee there'll be at least 25,000 genuine mentals in attendance.

Would be a good opportunity for now one to show up at all. They show no ambition, no one goes. 

Wonder if Charnley and Irving enjoy going to the match? I suspect not.

I knew John Irving pretty well in our teens and he was a passionate fan and loved going to the match.

It's a real shame that he's now happy to be the mouthpiece for this regime. But I guess he gets paid enough that he's willing to toe the line.

Wonder if Charnley and Irving enjoy going to the match? I suspect not.

I knew John Irving pretty well in our teens and he was a passionate fan and loved going to the match.

It's a real shame that he's now happy to be the mouthpiece for this regime. But I guess he gets paid enough that he's willing to toe the line.

That's even worse if he used to be a fan. I'd always assumed he was just a numbers man with a passing interest because of his job.

Do clubs still risk sanctions from the FA for not taking competitions seriously, and the disrepute that brings the game into, or was that done away with wholesale when they decided Arsenal could play their youth squad every cup game?