The 2014/15 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Guest chopey

So just to re-cap I'm going to put £20 on tonight

I put £20 on a 0-0 and then I will have a free £20 bet to use once the game has started on a Man City win ?

If you want to do it with £20, you'll need £40 in the account.

Put £20 on >0.5 goals, then use another betting site to lay that off - put like £1.20 on a 0-0 so that you can't lose more than a pound or two (which is why you might as well do it with 50 if you can).

Then put your other 20 on something in play - if it loses, they'll refund it.

Guest chopey

If you want to do it with £20, you'll need £40 in the account.

Put £20 on >0.5 goals, then use another betting site to lay that off - put like £1.20 on a 0-0 so that you can't lose more than a pound or two (which is why you might as well do it with 50 if you can).

Then put your other 20 on something in play - if it loses, they'll refund it.

Ok thanks much appreciated

Dunno if I'm doing this wrong but I found the >0.5 goals bet, £50 returns £51.51 ???

Aye, the pre-match bets will result in you breaking even, or losing a small amount. Best way to look at it is paying a couple quid (most you could lose) to buy a £50 in-play bet.

Guest firetotheworks

£40 on >0.5 goals with Bet365 and a potential return of £41.21

£3 on 0-0 with BetBright and a potential return of £44.40

Any shouts for a good in-play bet for tonight? Looking for a banker rather than anything risky.

People with 365 accounts, check your emails too. I had a code for a 50% deposit bonus, so I've got £50 promotional credit to use after I stake my £100 tonight.

Got to play through it and the deposit 3 times, so I'll probably not see a penny out of it, but it's better than nowt. :laugh:

Guest chopey

Any shouts for a good in-play bet for tonight? Looking for a banker rather than anything risky.

I think both teams to score could be a good bet

Guest firetotheworks

Am I right in thinking that in play I could wait until say Man City were 3-0 up and then put a £40 bet on a Man City win and walk away with ~£40? It just all seems too good to be true because I could put a bet on something incredibly likely and walk away with the free bet money.

Am I right in thinking that in play I could wait until say Man City were 3-0 up and then put a £40 bet on a Man City win and walk away with ~£40? It just all seems too good to be true because I could put a bet on something incredibly likely and walk away with the free bet money.

It's not a "free bet" in the sense that some betting companies give you a sort of voucher - although in those scenarios, you never get to keep the stake anyway, only the profit.

This is just a normal bet (as in you have to use your own money) but that they will refund if it loses.

Guest firetotheworks

It's not a "free bet" in the sense that some betting companies give you a sort of voucher - although in those scenarios, you never get to keep the stake anyway, only the profit.

This is just a normal bet (as in you have to use your own money) but that they will refund if it loses.

So if it's 0-0 I get around £80 (>0.5 bet losing refund + £3 at 15/1 from other website) and if it's not then I get my money back from the £40 bet? I think I've got that right.

So if it's 0-0 I get around £80 (>0.5 bet losing refund + £3 at 15/1 from other website) and if it's not then I get my money back from the £40 bet? I think I've got that right.

You don't get a refund on the pre-match bet, that's why you've covered the >0.5 bet with the 0-0. You need to stick a £40 bet in-play, if it loses you'll get refunded on that.

Guest firetotheworks

Ah okay, just wondering if I can put the other £40 on 0-0. I'm not sure that's a clever thing to do, this is why I rarely bet. :lol: