Fun88

Guest thenorthumbrian

The club have teamed up with credit unions and the like to offer fans a route into affordable short term loans. I can see their relationship with Wonga falling. It wouldn't surprise me if we saw this season out or possible next season before Wonga pull out of sponsoring us.

Edit: It appears as though it's NUST, probably the only thing they have actually done.

He should have done it tbh. He could have exposed the player and run an article exposing it for what it is.

It wouldn't be the players fault, he would have been told to do an interview and promote Wonga.

Guest firetotheworks

He should have done it tbh. He could have exposed the player and run an article exposing it for what it is.

It wouldn't be the players fault, he would have been told to do an interview and promote Wonga.

Nah, I can't go along with that. What were they going to do? Sack him for saying no? They wouldn't ask Cisse...

Nah, I can't go along with that. What were they going to do? Sack him for saying no? They wouldn't ask Cisse...

He would have signed a contract and one of the younger players would never kick up a stink. 

Maybe I'm really missing something very obvious, but what's the fucking point?

People use Wonga cos they're either too impatient to wait a week til payday to get something or they're in the shit financially. They're not going to use Wonga cos Steven Taylor sez ther propa mint.

Be interesting to see if any other papers run anything remotely similar, and if so what the player says/does to promote Wonga exactly.

And as for Bird, was probably a shit player he couldn't be arsed interviewing so thought he'd run with the 'morality' angle. Iirc the Sun gets dibs on most of the good stuff from the club, media-wise.

Guest firetotheworks

and if they refused they'd lose their place in the team, or be sacked? It just wouldn't happen.

Of have their salary docked.

You've seen how Ashley acts man.

I get it like, I just wish players could think for themselves and not be such ball-less sacks.

and if they refused they'd lose their place in the team, or be sacked? It just wouldn't happen.

Of have their salary docked.

You've seen how Ashley acts man.

I get it like, I just wish players could think for themselves and not be such ball-less sacks.

Cisse did and was made to sign a new contract immediately.

Ashley will have the players tied up with all sorts of things.

A player who never wants for money promoting a pay day loan company to people who struggle every month with their debt and living costs.

Can never get my head around this deal with Wonga. There were other equivalent offers on the table from far more respectable businesses. Wonga is ridiculous. Yeah, they gave the name back to St James Park but very little else since then.

• 3 months later...

Apparently both Samsung and Three/02 (merging into 1 company) are after sponsoring a Premier league club, Samsung will no longer sponsor Chelsea next season. With Wonga's problems and change in view on advertising I can see them pulling out of their deal with us, if not for next season then certainly for the season after. 02 were interested in sponsoring us before the Wonga deal happened, even interested in the stadium naming rights at one point, Emirates were also interested in sponsoring us (to advertise the route from Newcastle to UAE) but still have the Arsenal deal.