The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

People expect that if you're Brazilian and highly rated that you should all just be the traditional classic Brazilian player or Ronaldinho, Kaka, or Neymar if not that good then sure, you'll be Robinho or something? Should just judge every English player as cloggers now, none of them can lace the boots of Beckham, Gazza, Scholes, Shearer, or Teddy. It's boring argument. Generations change, football changes.

And my point is - for Brazil it has changed for the worse. If a country has changed it's football philosophy for the worst, why is it boring to mention it?

And they stunk up the game in terms of entertainment today. Chelsea are hella boring.

In this country we've lamented how there's been a dearth of talent after that Golden Generation.

I like Oscar, I like Willian too. I wouldn't call them cloggers. Ramires even does a good job in his role too.

ALl of them are good players. But they're not entertaining. Oscar is very talented but he doesn't excite me in the slightest. No swagger. Willian too. Willian ahs brilliant stamina, strength, great at keeping the ball while dribbling but he's totally devoid of fret and it's boring as fuck.

Fernando, Fernandinho, Ramires slight variations of the same shit. I've seen the latter 2 be really exciting too which is sad to say after watching them this season

I've always liked Oscar for Brazil. Looks a totally different player.

On a seperate did anyone see Burnley's away kit?  :anguish:

Oscar when I watched him for Brazil before he signed for Chelsea impressed me mainly because of how he used space.

He was fantastic at making space for himself, seeing space and looking to exploit it. He seemed extremely intelligent. I don't see him using that skill as often anymore.

Only Oscar had any flair in the first instance tbf so that's a horrendous example.

Never watched Willian before his time at Chelsea?

He didn't mention him and nah, but you can occasionally see he is more than a suped up Gouffran.

Fernando is a "clog" anyway, the rest is classic Mourinho I don't see how that can be extended to "English football " :lol:

Fernandinho & Willian looked like expansive players when they came up against English opposition in Europe.

In Ramires second and third season he scored a decent amount of goals and assists. He was a key man from an counter-attacking perspective when they won the CL & FA Cup that season. Goals and assists. Now? Full-time Mourinho clog.

Fernando is a "clog" anyway, the rest is classic Mourinho I don't see how that can be extended to "English football " :lol:

Fernandinho & Willian looked like expansive players when they came up against English opposition in Europe.

In Ramires second and third season he scored a decent amount of goals and assists. He was a key man from an counter-attacking perspective when they won the CL & FA Cup that season. Goals and assists. Now? Full-time Mourinho clog.

I do agree with your sentiment. Of all the Brazilians today I only think Fernando has never impressed me. Ramires is limited but does what he does so well when he plays at his best.

People going on as if the non flair Brazilian is a new thing. From when Pele retired through to Zico coming in, Brazil were a side that were very physical. Rivelino's flair and talent was Pardewed in the 74 World Cup as they atttempted to kick their way to the cup. Even when they visited Wembley in 77, they stunk out the place with negative and general dirty tactics, the biggest culprit being Toninho Cerezo, who kicked wor Kev from pillar to post. Keegan had the last laugh by scoring an equaliser though.

A new approach was needed and Zico along with the likes of Dirceu and Renato helped them to a decent 78 World Cup. The 82 side probably was too far the other way but Cerezo was still there but his instructions clearly were to sit in front of the back 4 and instead of kicking everything, instead cover for marauding full backs and winning the ball so that the Socrates' and Falcao's could flourish.

Probably the wrong thread for this mind.

People going on as if the non flair Brazilian is a new thing. From when Pele retired through to Zico coming in, Brazil were a side that were very physical. Rivelino's flair and talent was Pardewed in the 74 World Cup as they atttempted to kick their way to the cup. Even when they visited Wembley in 77, they stunk out the place with negative and general dirty tactics, the biggest culprit being Toninho Cerezo, who kicked wor Kev from pillar to post. Keegan had the last laugh by scoring an equaliser though.

A new approach was needed and Zico along with the likes of Dirceu and Renaldo helped them to a decent 78 World Cup. The 82 side probably was too far the other way but Cerezo was still there but his instructions clearly were to sit in front of the back 4 and instead of kicking everything, instead cover for marauding full backs and winning the ball so that the Socrates' and Falcao's could flourish.

:thup: Even our 94' side which won was technically nowhere near a Brazilian side. Our 90' side the same. It was in many ways good sides because we had Romario to rely on, something I hope we can do with Neymar in the next World Cup.

A new approach was needed and Zico along with the likes of Dirceu and Renaldo helped them to a decent 78 World Cup. The 82 side probably was too far the other way but Cerezo was still there but his instructions clearly were to sit in front of the back 4 and instead of kicking everything, instead cover for marauding full backs and winning the ball so that the Socrates' and Falcao's could flourish.

:thup: Even our 94' side which won was technically nowhere near a Brazilian side. Our 90' side the same. It was in many ways good sides because we had Romario to rely on, something I hope we can do with Neymar in the next World Cup.

Aye, Dunga became the Cerezo figure. The flair in those sides 86 to when Ronaldo came in mainly came strangely enough from full back positions.

AfCoN game tonight is massive fun.  Guinea leveled in stoppage time then scored a free kick in extra time to lead.

Weak-ass penalty won by a dive, which was scored to level the game and take it into extra time.  The keeper had to content with some super villain shining a massive green death ray into his eyes during the spot kick.  Then the Tunisia goalkeeper managed to jump backwards into his net in attempting to save the freekick.  Now some random Guniea player was feigning injury to waste time, but the referee trolled him by immediately calling for the stretcher.  He jumped straight to his feet :lol: :lol:

Aye, Dunga became the Cerezo figure. The flair in those sides 86 to when Ronaldo came in mainly came strangely enough from full back positions.

:thup: Dunga was the man though. Best captain I've seen us have. Loved Cafu for everything he did, but Dunga was just a leader figure on the pitch.

I wonder if this chelsea team is being held back by mourinhou's shitty defensive tactics, the teamsheet is still incredible. Either that or having two centre backs who however good they are (too much of a debate hah) are slow and means they always suit the counter more than the rest of the team.

I wonder if this chelsea team is being held back by mourinhou's shitty defensive tactics, the teamsheet is still incredible. Either that or having two centre backs who however good they are (too much of a debate hah) are slow and means they always suit the counter more than the rest of the team.

Held back. They're winning the league.

:thup: Dunga was the man though. Best captain I've seen us have. Loved Cafu for everything he did, but Dunga was just a leader figure on the pitch.

He was a superb captain, led by example and knew what his job was. Very much a latter day Cerezo, who once he realised that trying to break opponent's legs wasn't a good thing, became a superb midfield anchor man. Mind you I liked Alemao doing the same job in 90, but Dunga's leadership set him apart.