The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

The potential for this Man U team going forward is phenomenal. The big problem is that the three centre backs are uncomfortable on the ball, and are unable to pass it. Compounding that is the fact that Fletcher is ridiculously bad at getting in position to receive the ball from the back three, in order to then get the ball to the forward players.

Just watch Fletcher when the three centre backs have the ball, it's absolutely ridiculous. It really doesn't help because the three Man U centre backs are embarrassingly bad with the ball. Blackett just wants to hit it long. He look slike he can barely dribble the ball when he's on it, and as soon as anyone comes near him he hoofs it or goes backwards. He's a black Dummett.

If Herrera is playing in Fletcher's position today they would look so much more threatening, as he would be able to get on the ball and get it to the forward players quickly, and to their feet.

They're in big trouble as far as centre backs go, because none of those guys want to do anything with the ball. Rojo will be more suited, but they'll need at least one more who is comfortable with the ball.

It hasn't really been pointed out I don't think, but virtually all of MU problems with adapting to a 3-5-2 are because British players are so technically poor and thick to go with it.

The three at the back today are so bad with the ball it's actually making me cringe, and Fletcher is just absent. Crazy how bad they are, it really is.

The roles need to be defined really, Mata doesn't seem to have a clue what his role in the team is.

The system isn't helping anyone either, even if you ignore the fact the defenders they have are not very good.

Seriously the space the defenders have in front of them to just drive into, and then play a short pass to Mata or Di Maria who are in dangerous positions, and they're terrified to do so. They just slow down, and then start passing sideways or backwards before ultimately hoofing it. Awful to watch.

This system definitely needs at least two centre backs who are confident using the ball, be it dribbling with it, or passing it. It's painful watching the current crop in this system.

Just echoing what others are saying really but Man Utd need somebody deep in midfield collecting the ball because the centre halves and Fletcher are awful on the ball

What's disturbing is that the centre backs don't have to do anything extraordinary. Just take a few more steps forward to draw men off the midfielders, and then pop the ball into them! It's actually winding me up how bad they are at it. I mean these guys do this football thing every day for goodness sake. Wow.