2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it officially confirmed he's out?

Yup, doctors came out of the hospital, unless they're lying. Fractured vertebra, some months and missing possibly the two biggest games of anyones life. Time for Oscar to show up and Hulk to actually score on his million chances.

Step forward Willian.

Sorry Flip - about Neymar's injury. Massive blow to the team, to the nation, to him, and of course to you, my friend. Hope you guys prosper and fight on with the same passion you had tonight.

Colombian/anti-Brazil blinkers in here IMO. Ref has been s****, but he's been pretty s**** for both. Colombia and Brazil should both be a man light, or more.

:thup:

It's absolutely ridiculous. I'm not going to deny the fact that there were plenty of decisions going Brazils way, but jesus f***ing christ some on here completely forgetting plenty of occasions. No wonder why someone calm like Kanji got p*ssed at some of you lot. I'm just going to laugh as I'm going to be in Belo Horizonte watching Brazil v the most likeable German side I can remember.

Svein Oddvar Moen was the ref. He absolutely loves favourites. Loves them. He's got years of priors. s*** ref.

Yeah, he loves them, just like Howard Webb loves us as well and almost sent us out. Moen must've missed the foul on Maicon prior to the penalty. Get over, ref was terrible, both ways just like it's been for almost every game this World Cup.

Also, Zuniga escapes a yellow card and fractures Neymars back. Funny how everyone thought James was getting kicked around.

That's because James was getting kicked around. And the challenge Neymar got injured in didn't deserve a yellow card

I'm sorry, but what James got today is what players like Messi, Neymar and many others get every single game every single f***ing week. Now that he has shown what he's capable off, he can expect as much as them.

Also, not a yellow? So a f***ing knee to the spine off someone who is chesting down a ball and you have zero chances of getting first to it ain't a yellow? I'm happy you have your specs on. Not surprised.

I must apologise for the bit on Neymar. I thought at the time it wasn't a yellow but I looked it up on Youtube now and it was a bad challenge. There should really have been about 10 yellow cards in the game though

Colombian/anti-Brazil blinkers in here IMO. Ref has been s****, but he's been pretty s**** for both. Colombia and Brazil should both be a man light, or more.

It's absolutely ridiculous. I'm not going to deny the fact that there were plenty of decisions going Brazils way, but jesus f***ing christ some on here completely forgetting plenty of occasions. No wonder why someone calm like Kanji got p*ssed at some of you lot. I'm just going to laugh as I'm going to be in Belo Horizonte watching Brazil v the most likeable German side I can remember.

Svein Oddvar Moen was the ref. He absolutely loves favourites. Loves them. He's got years of priors. s*** ref.

Yeah, he loves them, just like Howard Webb loves us as well and almost sent us out. Moen must've missed the foul on Maicon prior to the penalty. Get over, ref was terrible, both ways just like it's been for almost every game this World Cup.

Also, Zuniga escapes a yellow card and fractures Neymars back. Funny how everyone thought James was getting kicked around.

That's because James was getting kicked around. And the challenge Neymar got injured in didn't deserve a yellow card

I'm sorry, but what James got today is what players like Messi, Neymar and many others get every single game every single f***ing week. Now that he has shown what he's capable off, he can expect as much as them.

Also, not a yellow? So a f***ing knee to the spine off someone who is chesting down a ball and you have zero chances of getting first to it ain't a yellow? I'm happy you have your specs on. Not surprised.

People love an underdog, so much so every single decision that goes the favourites way gets amplified and every decision that goes against them gets ignored.

Happens all the time and has been especially noticeable in this World Cup.

Is it officially confirmed he's out?

Yup, doctors came out of the hospital, unless they're lying. Fractured vertebra, some months and missing possibly the two biggest games of anyones life. Time for Oscar to show up and Hulk to actually score on his million chances.

Step forward Willian.

Sorry Flip - about Neymar's injury. Massive blow to the team, to the nation, to him, and of course to you, my friend. Hope you guys prosper and fight on with the same passion you had tonight.

I think we'll be fine. Neymar is the star, but now, pressure is off. Everyone thinks we're down, we're going to prevail as underdogs.

No question it was a yellow, the foul on Neymar.  It was an awful challenge, and looked awful right away.  This ref was fucking abysmal.  That encroachment on the free kick started off as encroachment and ended with extreme encroachment.  The persistent fouling on Rodriguez by the same culprits, and Rodriguez commits two minor fouls, and gets a yellow. There should have been early yellows going both ways.  the idiot ref let the game slip out of his control early.

Colombia's game plan was horseshit.  Cuadrado was absolutely awful and Gutierrez as well.  Their fullbacks had a complete mare.  Chile had a much much better game plan.  This Brazil team loves to press the panic button though.  One of the least talented as a collective I have seen in a long while, which is a shame because of all of the individual talent.

And as much as I dislike this Brazil team, I am extremely sad to see that Neymar is out.  We want to see the best players go toe to toe, and we all were robbed of that :(  Hope he has a speedy recovery.

I think Argentina will win this now. Attacking-wise, Brazil have not looked that well outside of Neymar. Of course, they have some extremely talented players that may step into the void, but this is so much to ask.

Arguably the majority of the big teams have struggled offensively but have got through on set pieces and defense. You can pile Brazil, Germany and Holland all into that group.

We win games because while we are horrible offensively we have the best centerback pairing in the world and fantastic defensive midfielders. We don't concede many, we're solid and don't let other teams. I've read all about Chile and Colombia but we sent both out.

Guest ManDoon

What James got isn't the same as what Messi etc get at all. It's a ludicrous assertion. The cards would have been flying out. 31 fouls Brazil committed. Hatchet job pure and simple.

the crossbar sent Chile out.  Brazil has great trouble putting games away.  And to make matters worse, losing Thiago Silva is a massive blow, every bit as big as Neymar.

And I'm sorry but this Brazil team isn't one tenth as classy or talented as Zico's and Socrates' team of the 80's.  How I wish that group won a World Cup :(

What James got isn't the same as what Messi etc get at all. It's a ludicrous assertion. The cards would have been flying out. 31 fouls Brazil committed. Hatchet job pure and simple.

it really was.  The ref allowed that shit to continue.  James coolness under pressure, even while being fouled continually, impressed the shit out of me. 

Guest ManDoon

(Y) it really was.  The ref allowed that shit to continue.  James coolness under pressure, even while being fouled continually, impressed the shit out of me.

It was way over the top of normal realms. Fernandinho in particular was ridiculous. What that did as well was spread out the fouls across the team. The ref was shit for both but regardless the game plan was obvious.

the crossbar sent Chile out.  Brazil has great trouble putting games away.  And to make matters worse, losing Thiago Silva is a massive blow, every bit as big as Neymar.

And I'm sorry but this Brazil team isn't one tenth as classy or talented as Zico's and Socrates' team of the 80's.  How I wish that group won a World Cup :(

:lol: :lol:

No shit sherlock.

:lol:

31 fouls commited by Brazil, 24 by Colombia. James didn't get any dangerous challenges all day, hard but not 'dangerous'. I've seen players be treated 10x worse than that in less important games. I understand the love for James, but come on.

Guest ManDoon

No shit sherlock.

31 fouls commited by Brazil, 24 by Colombia. James didn't get any dangerous challenges all day, hard but not 'dangerous'. I've seen players be treated 10x worse than that in less important games. I understand the love for James, but come on.

Didn't say they were dangerous but they were definitely targeted. I'm not saying the ref favoured you but you can't complain when it happens to Neymar then defend it when it happens to James

I think therein lies my contempt for this Brazilian side, and some its preceding sides, Felipao.  Those sides of the 80's taught me some of the greatest football lessons, particularly getting my hopes up only to be dashed on the rocks by poor luck or shitty officiating.  I still remember Zico getting his shirt ripped off in the Italy game in '82, and not even a fucking foul was called.

No s*** sherlock.

Didn't say they were dangerous but they were definitely targeted. I'm not saying the ref favoured you but you can't complain when it happens to Neymar then defend it when it happens to James

Defend? I'm not, I'm saying it's the same treatment top players who likes to have the ball at their feet get every week. He'll see plenty more of these days. Ref allowed it to happen, it was obviously the game plan, we're a dirty, disrupting team that will defend and hope to score enough to grab a win.

I think therein lies my contempt for this Brazilian side, and some its preceding sides, Felipao.  Those sides of the 80's taught me some of the greatest football lessons, particularly getting my hopes up only to be dashed on the rocks by poor luck or shitty officiating.  I still remember Zico getting his shirt ripped off in the Italy game in '82, and not even a f***ing foul was called.

You know what my problem is with all this, it's that when we play the beautiful game and don't win people call Brazil out for not being intelligent. When we then do it the other way, criticism changes because we don't win it our way. We're not playing well no one is even questioning that, but football has changed and we don't have a #9. Now we don't even have our two best players possibly for the semi and despite that I'm more confident than I've been all tournament.

That 80's team was intelligent enough.  People can accuse them of that shit all they want, and they'd be wrong.  They were just extremely unlucky, having Italy win by the ref's officiating in '82, and particularly having to play against France in the game of the tournament in 86. 

Without Thiago Silva, I just have the feeling that the defense is going to self destruct.  He has been brilliant, but the fullbacks are playing like Shaggy from Scooby Doo.

Argentina have looked worse than Brazil thus far.

tbh no sides looked particularly outstanding, Germany have maybe been the most consistent but they are hardly convincing, big weaknesses in all of them