2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

no idea what anyone sees in giroud tbh

What? :lol:

pretty clear, he's alright but not top class

Agreed that he's not top class (but there's also very few of them), but he's still a very good footballer who gets into positions very well and wins tons of header.

Rumours doing the round that Fred will be benched and Brazil will line up:

Cesar

Dani    Silva Luiz      Marcelo

Ramires Fernandinho

Paulinho

Hulk  Neymar    Oscar

can't believe there's any doubt about benching fred, jesus

Fred has been abysmal in the World Cup, but this team has played this tactic the last 18months and Fred has a 0.5 goal ratio per game for the national side, higher than most players in the world. The reason to him being benched is that (if it now really happens) he hasn't helped out in the pressing game. We've lacked pressing and he's a reason to it as he's the leader of it. Scolari is looking to play like at the Confed today hopefully and with the amount of speed in that defensive midfield Ramires or Fernandinho could nullify Rodriguez. I'm not sure we'll see Fred benched, but if he is I'll be much more confident. Also, the tactic was tried 15minutes in training and that was enough for Scolari to decide that it was the best system according to rumours.

Fred has been abysmal in the World Cup, but this team has played this tactic the last 18months and Fred has a 0.5 goal ratio per game for the national side, higher than most players in the world. The reason to him being benched is that (if it now really happens) he hasn't helped out in the pressing game. We've lacked pressing and he's a reason to it as he's the leader of it. Scolari is looking to play like at the Confed today hopefully and with the amount of speed in that defensive midfield Ramires or Fernandinho could nullify Rodriguez. I'm not sure we'll see Fred benched, but if he is I'll be much more confident. Also, the tactic was tried 15minutes in training and that was enough for Scolari to decide that it was the best system according to rumours.

in the games i've seen pressing really didn't appear to be the problem to me

That's been our biggest problem this far tbh We're not a good team in slow tempo so when we don't win the ball back fast we're not creating.

That's been our biggest problem this far tbh We're not a good team in slow tempo so when we don't win the ball back fast we're not creating.

interesting, you're obviously the expert - as a wider point do you think scolari is getting it right playing this way?

Fred has been abysmal in the World Cup, but this team has played this tactic the last 18months and Fred has a 0.5 goal ratio per game for the national side, higher than most players in the world.

Helps when you're playing Australia, Scotland, New Zealand, Canada etc :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

How long is it acceptable to stay with people from work before pissing off to watch the match?

He's good when playing against teams of a lesser standard so will always get about 15 goals a seasons but he is ridiculously ineffective when playing against good quality

He's good when playing against teams of a lesser standard so will always get about 15 goals a seasons but he is ridiculously ineffective when playing against good quality

Yeah, that sums up how I feel about him really

Guest bimpy474

How long is it acceptable to stay with people from work before pissing off to watch the match?

Just go the toilet and disappear, you get to see the match and they get to look for you for a bit. Win win.

Guest firetotheworks

Just do what you want to do.

That's why I've got nee mates though.

Guest firetotheworks

Just do what you want to do.

That's why I've got nee mates though.

People who don't respect the decisions you make aren't true friends.

:lol: :thup:

FRANCE: Lloris; Debuchy, Varane, Sakho, Evra; Matuidi, Cabaye, Pogba; Valbuena, Benzema, Griezmann

GERMANY: Neuer; Lahm, Hummels, Boateng, Howedes; Schweinsteiger, Khedira; Muller, Kroos, Ozil; Klose

Guest TruToon94

Can seriously see the Germans doing great now that they've moved Lahm to RB and put Khedira in at DM. He'll help the defence massively.